SWD Champs 2007...

ghs84

Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???  

1. 1. Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???

• Rockbridge Co. 41 R.E. Lee 12
    • Goochland 6 Gretna 0
    • Riverheads 35 William Campbell 31

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah im not thinking its gonna be that way this year i mean give Richlands their props cause they were good, last year ,but you know we have a lot of guys that sat around for 2,3 years and got the experience behind em and are tired of this thing that Richlands is gonna win every game because, its been that way since we started playing for the high school and were fed up with it to be honest with you so we'll see who wants it more and who is just blowing hot air on the field come august.....when the guys who watched richlands for 2 years win make em lose..........thats just my opinion

[ QUOTE ]

nah im not thinking its gonna be that way this year i mean give Richlands their props cause they were good, last year ,but you know we have a lot of guys that sat around for 2,3 years and got the experience behind em and are tired of this thing that Richlands is gonna win every game because, its been that way since we started playing for the high school and were fed up with it to be honest with you so we'll see who wants it more and who is just blowing hot air on the field come august.....when the guys who watched richlands for 2 years win make em lose..........thats just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the attitude little feller dont let old Lance talk ya into waiving the white flag allready.(he wouldnt do that anyway)..hell there's a bunch a younguns bustin there mators right now gettin ready for D day heck it's like the lottery you got to play to win you never know what might happen..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the attitude little feller dont let old Lance talk ya into waiving the white flag allready.(he wouldnt do that anyway)..hell there's a bunch a younguns bustin there mators right now gettin ready for D day heck it's like the lottery you got to play to win you never know what might happen..

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree......you can't win if you don't think you can win......that being said, richlands will beat graham by at least 30.......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree......you can't win if you don't think you can win......that being said, richlands will beat graham by at least 30.......

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who will win the district this year, but i know it will be a tazewell county team. As far as Richlands' recent dominance, all i can say is they better hope they dont have a down year in the near future.....bc all these teams that richlands has run the score up on and played dirty against the past few years has really put a seething hatred of the boys in blue in all the area teams.....one example was during the tazewell game this past season, up 41-0 just before the half, RHS runs a fake punt...lol...i mean come on, how much is enough?? All i can say is once one of these area teams(Graham, Tazewell, or anyone else) can get Richlands in a fix, you can bet your life that some of those teams that RHS so unsportsmanly-like humiliated will absolutely lay it on them if given the chance.

Honestly, i think it will be this fall......somebody from the area is straight gonna wipe the field with RHS....lol....hope i'm here to see it!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who will win the district this year, but i know it will be a tazewell county team. As far as Richlands' recent dominance, all i can say is they better hope they dont have a down year in the near future.....bc all these teams that richlands has run the score up on and played dirty against the past few years has really put a seething hatred of the boys in blue in all the area teams.....one example was during the tazewell game this past season, up 41-0 just before the half, RHS runs a fake punt...lol...i mean come on, how much is enough?? All i can say is once one of these area teams(Graham, Tazewell, or anyone else) can get Richlands in a fix, you can bet your life that some of those teams that RHS so unsportsmanly-like humiliated will absolutely lay it on them if given the chance.

Honestly, i think it will be this fall......somebody from the area is straight gonna wipe the field with RHS....lol....hope i'm here to see it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was not a set play called in the huddle. I called it from the line of scrimmage when I saw that you guys had ONE person on the left side of the line. I wasn't even thinking about "runnin up the score". All I saw was green grass haha. By the way I did get fussed at by the coaches for doing that lol. And how did we run up the score when in most of the regular season games, the starters came out after the first half. In fact, we added it up after the season, and the starters played about 36 out of 56 quarters in 14 games (playing all 4 quarters in only the Graham and Rockbridge games). And.. we stood on the sidelines during the VA High game while they scored I think 3 times on our second team defense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if u cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen...Richlands dominance will remain..they work hard year around, go to camps all year, and are in the weight room every morning from 8 to 2 all summer long while every one else can enjoy their summer...plus no one has the talent to handle my boy Austin...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was not a set play called in the huddle. I called it from the line of scrimmage when I saw that you guys had ONE person on the left side of the line. I wasn't even thinking about "runnin up the score". All I saw was green grass haha. By the way I did get fussed at by the coaches for doing that lol. And how did we run up the score when in most of the regular season games, the starters came out after the first half. In fact, we added it up after the season, and the starters played about 36 out of 56 quarters in 14 games (playing all 4 quarters in only the Graham and Rockbridge games). And.. we stood on the sidelines during the VA High game while they scored I think 3 times on our second team defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD CALL BUDDY!!!!!

Ben will be good but Richlands will win again. They have a great senior class coming up. Fuller Addison Wicks Davis Pruett C.Fuller Blankenship Fajardo Presnell and Cordle have been working hard all off season to take the Blue Necks back to State. But its a long season and everybody knows the SWD is the best district and every game is competitive so anything could happen.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What dirty play are you talking about?...as was stated, the richlands starters rarely played after halftime. If I'm not mistaken, McCrackin and Jennings came out in the first half against tazewell.....i'm curious as to what team you think has a chance of humiliating r'lands this year.......i don't see it happening

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What dirty play are you talking about?...as was stated, the richlands starters rarely played after halftime. If I'm not mistaken, McCrackin and Jennings came out in the first half against tazewell.....i'm curious as to what team you think has a chance of humiliating r'lands this year.......i don't see it happening

[/ QUOTE ]

the startes played most of the third.

i think tazewell is going to be tough to beat this year cause raz was just a sophmore and muncy is playin quater back and are lines is a little inexperienced but myself included and i think we can can win the district we started liftien and runnin back in december and we are gonna be good

richlands has this false sense of invincibility now.....which they have been very good lately but this fall somebody is gonna come into the game and punch them right in the mouth.....rhs will be embarassed by someone this year!

Richlands isn't good because they have some sort of Yoda type force guiding them or a sense of anything...they are good because they play football year round, hit the weight room, and work hard...they have a strong feeder program that breeds football players...and there is no other team around here that has anything close to it...and I'm a die hard Grundy fan...but just give credit where it's due.

Richlands should by all means be right back where they have been for the past few years...making a run at state...they are in the midst of building a dynasty right now...hasn't happened yet...but we'll see in another 5 years or so.

[ QUOTE ]

alrite then....i mean, i know grundy had a realy really down year but dont give up man......dont join em just cause you cant beat em.......richlands will be embarassed this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

ok..

[ QUOTE ]

richlands will be embarassed this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that you should rest your hopes on someone pulling out a slim victory over richlands because total embarrassment is not going to happen....

[ QUOTE ]

alrite then....i mean, i know grundy had a realy really down year but dont give up man......dont join em just cause you cant beat em.......richlands will be embarassed this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that? do you have a reason or do you just hate richlands?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

richlands will be embarassed this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that you should rest your hopes on someone pulling out a slim victory over richlands because total embarrassment is not going to happen....

[/ QUOTE ]

"One thing to be a legend,another thing to be a legend in your own mind" only time will tell...Mr. Lance is right,they eat and sleep football with no distractions..I think his Grundy bunch is gonna get better iffin they take them 8th graders and putem on the hill with the 9th graders and have a freshman bunch like I seen on here...and let the varsity staff lead the charge with them..that would put ever body on the same page with none of them personal agenders complicating things....I hope my friends at Grundy "RESTORE THE PRIDE" and put a bunch of wins on the board this coming year..