SWD Champs 2007...

ghs84

Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???  

1. 1. Which game was the biggest SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT in the VA playoffs???

• Rockbridge Co. 41 R.E. Lee 12
    • Goochland 6 Gretna 0
    • Riverheads 35 William Campbell 31

[ QUOTE ]

i mean, teams just dont see it like that man.......if someone gets the chance, they will do everything in their power to embarass you guys......by the way, good luck at vt

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

alrite then....i mean, i know grundy had a realy really down year but dont give up man......dont join em just cause you cant beat em.......richlands will be embarassed this fall

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that? do you have a reason or do you just hate richlands?

[/ QUOTE ]

for one the team is no where near as good as they were the past 3 yrs.......two, all the district teams will be better and three, alot of teams are marking the richlands game on the calendar........not too many people are taking those beatings the past few yrs well.......you guys are marked by every team you play.....its only a matter of time until someone gets you.....thats why i think what i think...didnt mean to offend anyone, just stating facts

Did you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a remote control from Christopher Walken like Adam Sandler did? Is that how you look into the future and find out that a team who hasn't even started practice yet isn't as good as 04, 05 and 06? Or do you have a flux capacitor equipped Delorean that lets you travel not only to the future but the past as well so you can compare the team you haven't seen with the three you barely saw?

[ QUOTE ]

Did you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and get a remote control from Christopher Walken like Adam Sandler did? Is that how you look into the future and find out that a team who hasn't even started practice yet isn't as good as 04, 05 and 06? Or do you have a flux capacitor equipped Delorean that lets you travel not only to the future but the past as well so you can compare the team you haven't seen with the three you barely saw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahha too funny! I'll wait until November then I will make my prediction on who will win the SWD haha.

then tell me y you think that any other team in the swd couldnt beat richlands im tellin you it dosent matter what you think you have until you step on the field;.....and im not putting richlands down but come on the competion in the district has always been close just because its been blown outta proportion with the scores these last few years means nothing........i mean not just tooting grahams horn or making excuses but we were the only team that even held close to richlands in any game....just because our seniors are leaving dosent mean that we didnt look up to them and learn from there mistakes so get over the richlands trip cause everybody has their star players and once again.ive said it like 6 times on here but whoever comes to play that day is gonna win

[ QUOTE ]

then tell me y you think that any other team in the swd couldnt beat richlands im tellin you it dosent matter what you think you have until you step on the field;.....and im not putting richlands down but come on the competion in the district has always been close just because its been blown outta proportion with the scores these last few years means nothing........i mean not just tooting grahams horn or making excuses but we were the only team that even held close to richlands in any game....just because our seniors are leaving dosent mean that we didnt look up to them and learn from there mistakes so get over the richlands trip cause everybody has their star players and once again.ive said it like 6 times on here but whoever comes to play that day is gonna win

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe rockbridge was the closest team that came to beating richlands...

[ QUOTE ]

lol.....quite funny actually!

what I did was ask Dave Cox.....he told me all i know

[/ QUOTE ]

now come on buddy...ur knowledge of the game is really letting me down...to say richlands wont win is just wishful thinking from ur part...U DEF KNOW BETTER!!! there isnt anyone who can keep up with austin and NO ONE WILL EVER JUST HIT RICHLANDS IN THE MOUTH..bc when u come to play Richlands, you know u are gonna get hit and you are gonna play 4 quarters..

there it goes again you act like the other teams play like whimps i mean come on........get off ur high horse for one minute and realize that richlands is not the only team that has had this happen i mean come on even grundy controled the district so stop it with old things

[ QUOTE ]

there it goes again you act like the other teams play like whimps i mean come on........get off ur high horse for one minute and realize that richlands is not the only team that has had this happen i mean come on even grundy controled the district so stop it with old things

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey!...what do you mean "even"...lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i base my opinions not on the past, but on the current information......richlands returns more players and more very good players than either graham or tazewell.......and since richlands averaged beating graham by 3 td's and beat t-well by.....sorry guys, 61 points.....then i think to predict against richlands in those matchups would be a little silly

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i base my opinions not on the past, but on the current information......richlands returns more players and more very good players than either graham or tazewell.......and since richlands averaged beating graham by 3 td's and beat t-well by.....sorry guys, 61 points.....then i think to predict against richlands in those matchups would be a little silly

[/ QUOTE ]

things change with every season! To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part.....i dont mean to call you names but seriously, those boys who did the winning last year cant come back and do it again after they graduated......i thought they taught you guys better down there.......oh thats right, they change the grades in richlands......football, football, no class....a lil grade changing....lol....if you guys would quit with this RHS Football is god crap then maybe all us tazewell, graham, and grundy fans would lay off....until that happens, believe me, we will point out every dirty play yall have done down there...lol......if it werent for all the hot women, richlands would be a sore eye on the county

in a non biased opinion, i know pretty much what all 3 tazewell county teams are returning, and Richlands has the most talented underclassmen. almost all sophmores starting on thier JV team, would come in and play almost half of a varsity game, so they have alot of in game experience. Which is going to put them ahead of alot of other players. They won't be the offensive powerhouse they were this past year year, theres no way they're going to put up 50 a game, but imo the defense is going to be way better than last years, even with missing clayburne,mcknight,fletcher,simmons, etc.. Matt Davis and Austin Fuller will probobly be the best 2 defensive backs in the district,the got 3 great D lineman, in vandyke fuller and roy christian coming back, and I will be honestly shocked if Shane Wicks doesn't win defensive POY. I think Richalnds can score 1 TD a game, for every game of the season, and still be right at the top of the SWD. I'm not saying they'll go undefeated, or win state, or anything like that, but I think they should still be favored to win the SWD.

Yea I remember that game it was at Gate City and they had like a Tight End Screen that went for 6. But honestly how is Richlands not the favorites. You have Matt Davis who will be hands down the best DB in the District. I agree with EH 31 if Wicks doesnt't win the DPOY in the SWD much less the Region I will be shocked. Austin Fuller is arguably the best all around player in the state. Zack Pruett led the Blues in tackles against Rockbridge. Ben Addison WR or RB will make a lot of plays and had a great season last year. Not to mention all these Blues have a ring. So with this core of players coming back how are they not the favorite? I understand that anybody can be beaten on any giving Friday Night but come on saying that Tazewell will embarass Richlands thats a little too bold my friend.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea I remember that game it was at Gate City and they had like a Tight End Screen that went for 6. But honestly how is Richlands not the favorites. You have Matt Davis who will be hands down the best DB in the District. I agree with EH 31 if Wicks doesnt't win the DPOY in the SWD much less the Region I will be shocked. Austin Fuller is arguably the best all around player in the state. Zack Pruett led the Blues in tackles against Rockbridge. Ben Addison WR or RB will make a lot of plays and had a great season last year. Not to mention all these Blues have a ring. So with this core of players coming back how are they not the favorite? I understand that anybody can be beaten on any giving Friday Night but come on saying that Tazewell will embarass Richlands thats a little too bold my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the kid has heart and he standing up for his team that means he on the right track of helping make his team better.

[ QUOTE ]

To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part

[/ QUOTE ]

lost everyone from last years team?? they return 9 players who started at least one game on defense.....and more overall players return than either of the last 2 years....quite frankly, you don't know what you are talking about..

just the fact that they are returning state champs from last year and that they have not lost a regular season game in about 3 years or so is enough to make them the clear favorites in the district and region.

[ QUOTE ]

things change with every season! To say Richlands will win the district this year based on what the team did last year, even after they lost everyone from last years team is just plain dumb on your part.....i dont mean to call you names but seriously, those boys who did the winning last year cant come back and do it again after they graduated......i thought they taught you guys better down there.......oh thats right, they change the grades in richlands......football, football, no class....a lil grade changing....lol....if you guys would quit with this RHS Football is god crap then maybe all us tazewell, graham, and grundy fans would lay off ....until that happens, believe me, we will point out every dirty play yall have done down there...lol......if it werent for all the hot women, richlands would be a sore eye on the county

[/ QUOTE ]

The name of this thread is "SWD Champs 2007..." and it asks who you think will win it. So, did you not expect people to say who they thought would win it? Besides, it wasn't even someone from Richlands that started talking about Richlands, it was someone from Grundy. No one from Richlands said our football program was "God", we have only given reasons to why we think we have a good chance to win the district, as the thread title suggests. Maybe Tazewell has been changing a few grades, because with your reading comprehension, there is no way you passed any of your SOLS. "LOL" (Because if you put LOL after you say it it makes it funny).

With proper respect to what Richlands has accomplished in the last three years, we can not forget that Graham had a good run in the first part of the decade, then Grundy stepped up, and now Richlands is a power.

These things take cycles in small communities. It has to do with the talent pool, and coaching. Great coaching and training can make a difference; but if the talent is not there, schools will have down years.

We need to relish it when our programs are riding high and support them when things drop off, as the will.