Biggest dang bee i have ever seen

photo

Ok, The other night I am at home and had just gotten my kids bathed and almost ready for bed. Something swarmed at me and I honestly thought it was a small bird. I looked up and it was this huge bee(hornet). I am not normally afraid of bees but you really had to be there. I grabbed up the boys (they are 3 & 1) and rushed them to their room and called my dad to come kill the sucker (my husband was working)...So he gets there and finds a small yellowjacket in the windowsill and kills it and says Ive got your bee...I was like no dad...there is the bee and he's like holy cow....So..he finally kills the bee after it swarms a few more times...any idea if there have been any kind of hornets released in the area or anythying.....this couldn't have been something that is normally in this area....

[ QUOTE ]

I have a picture, but couldn't attach somehow....I would love for someone to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I was going to ask if you got a shot of it. Did you upload it to a host before you tried to post it here? If you don't have one you can email it to me and I'll host it. bigd4vt21@yahoo.com

[ QUOTE ]

it was the phelpshornet. he ate fatboy and was on his way over the mountain to find old salty.

[/ QUOTE ]

by the scription she gave there olewave Id say that that would be a variatin of a phelpshornet and a stopover/jamboree horned bumble stanghellouttaya bumblebrister,they have been know in the past long long ago to carry off small children and house pets..non have been saw in over 75 yrs so this here is definit a rarity..by the way,fatboy was stung at the age of 3 by one of theses critters nad the swelling never went down...he really aint fat just swelled,you know ,like Elvis was.

[ QUOTE ]

As friendly as I can put this...

You all already have a thread of random gibberish in the football forum. Please leave it to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

you take things way to serious,your gonna have a heart attack..lighten up..live a little..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As friendly as I can put this...

You all already have a thread of random gibberish in the football forum. Please leave it to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

you take things way to serious,your gonna have a heart attack..lighten up..live a little..

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with UVAObserver. It isn't that we are too serious. I like to have a good time with my buddies. However, it is a little annoying having to read through this stuff everytime you want to find a "real" post.