The best baseball coach in swd history

I batted against Billy Wagner in High School and he was throwing in the mid to upper 80's...ocassionally in the 90's in HIGH SCHOOL!!!... However, the best pitcher I faced from Tazewell was a guy by the name of Eddie Crouse...he had better control at the time...

[ QUOTE ]

I batted against Billy Wagner in High School and he was throwing in the mid to upper 80's...ocassionally in the 90's in HIGH SCHOOL!!!... However, the best pitcher I faced from Tazewell was a guy by the name of Eddie Crouse...he had better control at the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you batted against EDDIE and Billy then YOu must have started as a Freshman. Cause Billy was a freshmana when Eddie was a senior. I dont even believe Billy pitched that year.

I batted against Crouse in senior league...I think he was a year older than me...I'm not sure...He threw a curve ball one time, that I thought was going to hit me in the head...I dove out of the way...and the next thing I knew, it was called a strike...

we put too much focus into baseball lol..(sarcasm)

Well wave9 what do you all put focus in its not football basketball or wrestling because you all are not that good in those sports either, so were is the focus going.

Did you just say Grundy isn't that good at wrestling? And didn't they win the SWD title in basketball this year? And was it really that long ago that they were going deep into the football playoffs?

[ QUOTE ]

Lou Perry has taken tazewell from nothing to what they have today, him and Tom Harding from honaker are the best coaches in swva history

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is, unless someone corrects me here is still nothing. The guy couldn't win a state title with Billy Wagner pitching for him.lol. And oh yeah, I forgot, Lou Perry's legacy at Tazewell is that he basically destroyed the football program for over a decade by not letting his players play football.

[ QUOTE ]

Did you just say Grundy isn't that good at wrestling? And didn't they win the SWD title in basketball this year? And was it really that long ago that they were going deep into the football playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you BigD, Thank you

I say Sam McKinney when he was at Graham> I saw where he won 156 games in his coaching tenure. He had to be a great coach because he had no talent whats so ever at Graham. Big Sam took them all over WV playing summer Ball honeing their skills. He made G Man Baseball what it is today. Geat job Sammy.

wish carroll ppl got on here and yes i know we werent in th swva when he coached but bill worroll made baseball around carroll and most places around here to if u ask me im not sure how good he was but iv heard storys of things he done to be a good coach and father like to th players by far th best coach in carroll history in any sport.

[ QUOTE ]

I say Sam McKinney when he was at Graham> I saw where he won 156 games in his coaching tenure. He had to be a great coach because he had no talent whats so ever at Graham. Big Sam took them all over WV playing summer Ball honeing their skills. He made G Man Baseball what it is today. Geat job Sammy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He won 156 games??? At Graham??? Are you sure it wasn't a misprint, you know something like 1-56 record??? LOL

I don't think Graham has won 156 baseball games total since 1982...

All right know it all check the Va State coaches Mag this month. It is right in there. 156 wins. And your right with the talent he had at Graham he was lucky to win one game much less 156 and alot of those came as head coach at Chilhowie where he had some baseball talent.

[ QUOTE ]

All right know it all check the Va State coaches Mag this month. It is right in there. 156 wins. And your right with the talent he had at Graham he was lucky to win one game much less 156 and alot of those came as head coach at Chilhowie where he had some baseball talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I know of three games he won his first year as coach at Graham so maybe the 1-56 record was a bit of an exaggeration...

[ QUOTE ]

Well G whopper Old Sam is the only coach to take Graham to the Regionals in baseball ever. So I say Sam Mckinney is the man in the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad part is that team had more talent than any other team ever at Graham and probably should have done better than just making Regionals...if only they had had a decent coach...dare to dream...

McKinney couldn't hold Coach Kinzer's jockstrap as a baseball coach...Kinzer had forgotten more about baseball than ole Sammy-boy ever knew about the game...but that is just my opinion...I played for both...