Has Anyone?

GHS1911

[ QUOTE ]

Because the stadium is in bluefield WV, So why would they have grahams colors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we PAY as much if not more than Bluefield High School does to play there. You do not own the stadium,BHS doesn't own the stadium. Obviously because they charge everyone to play there they need the money for upkeep. If Graham did not play there it would seriously hurt the city of Bluefield,WV's bottom line. And if you think that isn't true then you are kidding yourself.

[ QUOTE ]

we rode up to the stadium today and they have no equipment up there to start work just a couple of flags and cones marked off....don't see it bein ready for august

[/ QUOTE ]

baring a heavy rain season, the work will only take a month tops

"If Graham did not play there it would seriously hurt the city of Bluefield,WV's bottom line"

I think YOUR kidding yourself, yea they would be hurting some on the upkeep side of things, but for the city's BOTTOM line.. come on. there rent payment is very minimal to play in such a great stadium. I think VA side should just be greatful, stop whining. Or just go build there own stadium. Besisdes va sports are so much better why don't they play in there own state? I myself do not mind they play on the field, its been a great tradition for years, but I think we could survive without the g-men cash flow.

Driving distance is close to the same I think.

I think the argument is that since both Bluefield H.S. and Graham H.S. rent the field from the City of Bluefield, and the City is separate from both school systems, that both should get equal billing on markings etc.

In my personal opinion, the City should mark the end zones in white and use the Chicory Blue color to spell out "Bluefield." That would make neither school's fans happy, but would cut out any arguments of favoritism to either school. It would also make it clear that the stadium belongs to the City and not either school.

I would just make both endzones solid white and leave out both names. Maybe put the outlines of both states with a big star where Bluefield is located on the 50yd line. Solves all problems.

[ QUOTE ]

"If Graham did not play there it would seriously hurt the city of Bluefield,WV's bottom line"

I think YOUR kidding yourself, yea they would be hurting some on the upkeep side of things, but for the city's BOTTOM line.. come on. there rent payment is very minimal to play in such a great stadium. I think VA side should just be greatful, stop whining. Or just go build there own stadium. Besisdes va sports are so much better why don't they play in there own state? I myself do not mind they play on the field, its been a great tradition for years, but I think we could survive without the g-men cash flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont bluefield go build there own stadium as well!!

[ QUOTE ]

Why can't they have Bluefield in one end zone and Graham in the other? Wouldn't that enhance the "Big Game"?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if one day Graham actually has there own field, instead of shelling out $35,000 of taxpayer money from VA to help out WV. This may happen one day, especially if citizens of Taxwell county decide there needs to be a change in the current policy.

[ QUOTE ]

We need to plant hedges along the fence line like the Ga. Bulldogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Labor cost would increase with having to trim them...rent for both teams would go up...

BTW...I finally figured out where you live...

In my opinion the ara should be as proud of the traditons of bluefield and graham as they are of the facitlity and should support it being presented as bluefield and graham's stadium. In my opinion beavers and g men in opposite endzones would be exceptional, if not simply bluefield in each endzone as in bluefield wv and bluefield va.

[ QUOTE ]

In my opinion the ara should be as proud of the traditons of bluefield and graham as they are of the facitlity and should support it being presented as bluefield and graham's stadium. In my opinion beavers and g men in opposite endzones would be exceptional, if not simply bluefield in each endzone as in bluefield wv and bluefield va.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another voice of reason. Both Bluefields have a lot to be proud of, including Mitchell Stadium.

"Another voice of reason. Both Bluefields have a lot to be proud of, including Mitchell Stadium."

Might they eventually have some quality state title signs for the bluefield teams posted somewhere in or outside of the stadium?

Another question I was thinking about while up at the track, bluefield's practce field, late last night with my dogs is is it warranted for a team with field turf to practice on field turf, at least some? It seems it would be wise to have at least 1 practive a week down there.

then thinking about princeton having field turf, with bluefield's games this season, they should only have 2 regular season games that isn't on field turf considering the scott game is at laidley field and if princeton does infact have it.

Richlands and oak hill are the only 2 games that wouldn't be on field turf.....