Here is my predicted order of finish for the new SWD

1. Richlands (9-1)

2. Carroll County (7-3)

3. Graham (5-5)

4. Tazewell (5-5)

5. Marion (4-6)

6. Abingdon (3-7)

7. Grundy (2-8)

Being a Graham fan first and foremost, here are my thoughts about Graham…

• Graham may challenge at the end of the season if they can somehow squeak into the playoffs with their extremely tough out of district schedule…

Blacksburg should be flat out awesome… Bluefield is always good. Christiansburg has taken great strides over the past few years and may be the 3rd best team Graham will play this season….(Behind Blacksburg and Richlands)…

1. Richlands

2. Carroll Co.

3. Graham

4. Tazewell

5. Grundy

6. Marion

7. Abingdon

Richlands should win the district. Graham could finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th just because of there non-district schedule. Grundy should be much improved from last year. Tazewell should be balanced pretty good. And the new members from the highlands get ran over like they did last year and finish in the bottom two spots for now.

I think Tazewell has a shot because they always play Richlands tuff regardless...PV as you said might have a shot...CC might have a shot...Graham could have an outside shot...Friday nights are crazy sometimes...never know

[ QUOTE ]

Here is my predicted order of finish for the new SWD

1. Richlands (9-1)

2. Carroll County (7-3)

3. Graham (5-5)

4. Tazewell (5-5)

5. Marion (4-6)

6. Abingdon (3-7)

7. Grundy (2-8)

Being a Graham fan first and foremost, here are my thoughts about Graham…

• Graham may challenge at the end of the season if they can somehow squeak into the playoffs with their extremely tough out of district schedule…

Blacksburg should be flat out awesome… Bluefield is always good. Christiansburg has taken great strides over the past few years and may be the 3rd best team Graham will play this season….(Behind Blacksburg and Richlands)…

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the "skill" people get involved this summer like the Hogs up front have so far Grundy will do a lot better than you give them credit there king..Every body is 0-0 right now and I aint ready to drink the kool-aide and hand it over to anybody till they bust heads..

Grundy hasn't been the same since I managed the football team back in 1967. Them boys back then used to dip atomic balm like boys dip Skoal now. Grundy football has a better chance of Jack Compton being a Chippendale dancer than them winning a SWD football game this year---mark it down! My predictions:

1) Richlands Blue Haze

2) Hillsville High

3) Tazewell Green Tease

4) Marion Crazies

5) Graham Crackers

6) Abingdon Whine and Cheesers

7) Grundy Wave bye-bye

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy hasn't been the same since I managed the football team back in 1967. Them boys back then used to dip atomic balm like boys dip Skoal now. Grundy football has a better chance of Jack Compton being a Chippendale dancer than them winning a SWD football game this year---mark it down! My predictions:

1) Richlands Blue Haze

2) Hillsville High

3) Tazewell Green Tease

4) Marion Crazies

5) Graham Crackers

7) Grundy Wave bye-bye

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said one way or the other how'd they do just see a lot a room for them to do better and there working. I love the way people write teams off 2 months before the season starts ..I guess everybody should just quit and hand over the crown and start basketball practice August 1st...all of them have a shot untill proven otherwise.....I'll admit huntin them Blues be like going bear hunting with a switch but you never know some body in the ole SWD may muster up a barrel of kick butt and pour it all over em..who knows...as Gump said"life is like a box of chocalites you never know what you gonna get" Im gonna send the Hurley Mafia to talk to you "Bad" Karma...

[ QUOTE ]

1) Richlands Blue Haze

2) Hillsville High

3) Tazewell Green Tease

4) Marion Crazies

5) Graham Crackers

7) Grundy Wave bye-bye

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy should finish ahead of marion and abingdon both. Put them in the highlands last year and they probably could have won it. The inexperienced players grundy has had the past 2 years are experienced now and should take advantage of that and pull out about 5 wins this year. I'm just glad we'll get somebody else besides VA High in the playoffs this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands 10-0

Tazewell 8-2

Carroll 7-3

Graham 6-4

Grundy 5-5

Abingdon 5-5

Marion 3-7

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good prediction although i dont see richlands going 10 - 0 more like 9 -1 or maybe 8-2 but not 10 -0 this is how i see it

richlandns 9-1

tazwell 8-2

g-men 6-4

carrol 6-4

grundy 5-5

abington 4-6

marion 3-7

your right about richlands they wont go 10-0 they will most likely be 14-0 again.they have a great bunch of kids right now but we all know the hole will dry up.ask gate city,powell valley,graham and a bunch more schools in the area who have been great for a while then just seem to end overnight.

Everyone starts the season tied for first. Richlands has had two consecutive 10-0 seasons but they earned them one game at a time. The '07 Blues must follow the example of the last two teams by working hard and staying focused on the next game. You have to be 1-0 before you can be 10-0.

BigD, you are exactly right about one game at a time.

I really feel Richlands has a nucleus of players back from the past two years that want a chance to repeat what they did last year. Repeating is always hard to do because as a champion, you have a big bulls eye on your chest. The other area teams want to beat you even more then they normally do.

OK, before i make the comment, this is not a shot at Tazewell. Can you imagine how badly Tazewell wants to beat RHS after losing 61 to 0 last year? Point is, they will be out to get Richlands, just like every other team on their schedule.

Once you get used to winning, the desire and heart of the kids to succeed will be contagious.

With that said, all good things do come to an end at some point. As fans of our respective schools, we just hope it does not end.

We will or should always support our teams regardless of how good or bad the teams may be.

As long as this coaching staff stays put, Richlands will be a force for a long time. The talent pool at Richlands just keeps getting stronger every year. I was talking to a Richlands assistant the other day and he said the best is still yet to come.

Sounds great.

I look forward to seeing how good this defense can be. They say it will be better then the last two. I know one thing, it will be very quick. I know one of their DE's (my nephew lol) will be very quick for them.

Can not wait til Aug 24th!!!