are these trends or just a few good years?

zack

some people think trends are gonna last forever but all good things come to an end.everything comes to an end sooner or later thats just a fact of life.winning or losing trends doesnt matter.gretna hawks lost like 20 games in a row or something like that then went on to win back to back state titles and that ended.Richlands blue tornado are on a trend but it will end.i dont believe anything last forever and it really doesnt.only thing is if your school is on a good trend enjoy it,if a bad trend,there is light at the end of the tunnel just dont know how far away it is.

It will last as long as Coach Mance and his staff are at Richlands. They won't be winning state championships every year but losing seasons will be few and far between. People can call it a trend, a few good years, an exceptional group of players, or anything else they want but that coaching staff is the reason for the success.

[ QUOTE ]

some people think trends are gonna last forever but all good things come to an end.everything comes to an end sooner or later thats just a fact of life.winning or losing trends doesnt matter.gretna hawks lost like 20 games in a row or something like that then went on to win back to back state titles and that ended.Richlands blue tornado are on a trend but it will end.i dont believe anything last forever and it really doesnt.only thing is if your school is on a good trend enjoy it,if a bad trend,there is light at the end of the tunnel just dont know how far away it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you are telling other people this??? you are the one that has trashed Graham sports the most yet you say "if theres a bad trend, there is a light at the end of the tunnel" maybe you should think about what you have said in the past...

i agree with big vt,cause i know salem has had little movement in their coaching staff and they continue to win.salem has averaged over 10 wins a year for 20 years, that is against aaa or aa competition,because they were division 6. if you look at 2004 for instance,nobody scored more points against salem than richlands in the playoffs.true, they had trouble stopping us, but they had a game plan.richlands is well-coached and salem is well coached and lets not forget giles , where they have had the same coaching staff for ages.

This is something that has built over time. Richlands has been on the way up since 2001. The coaching staff there is tremendous. They have there kids ready to play week in and week out. And the kids there are some of the hardest working you will ever find. They won a state championship on a saturday and that monday kids were back in the weight room gettin ready for this year. Its a great program with alot of good years ahead of them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you are telling other people this??? you are the one that has trashed Graham sports the most yet you say "if theres a bad trend, there is a light at the end of the tunnel" maybe you should think about what you have said in the past...

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe this is the football board not soccer duh.everyone gets upset and says things on here just like you when you were warned by the G-Man for your comments.so dont put me in with your kind.and i dont recall trash talking about graham sports,i just spoke what was on my mind at the time.its called an opinion and everyones entitled to theirs.coaching is very important i wont argue that,but talent does come into this people,you might see them on a list called all state.remember them?average joes are on every team.put them on a team seperate from your all staters.give the average joes to don shula i will take the all state team and i bet i win.

[ QUOTE ]

its not coaching just a few lucky years......haha

there are you happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that...Tazewell sure did use the "poor coaching" excuse to get rid of Coach Hart a few years back...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there are you happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that...Tazewell sure did use the "poor coaching" excuse to get rid of Coach Hart a few years back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, we basically traded a great math teacher for a great football coach.

...and our math scores have showed too

haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there are you happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, we basically traded a great math teacher for a great football coach.

...and our math scores have showed too

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I think the math teacher is actually a good coach, just had some problems with an assistant or two that had different plans for Tazewell.. He's doing alright for Bland Co...

actually Harris Hart was an excellent coach.....i played under him for 3 yrs......he is one of the best coaches in the area...just ask any bland county fan.....did they ever win 4 games in any season before hart?? Hart didnt fail Tazewell.....the boosters and parents failed Hart.

[ QUOTE ]

Hart didnt fail Tazewell.....the boosters and parents failed Hart.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!!!!

I wonder why the rest of Tazewell doesn't understand that..."politics" are what took Tazewell's program to the depths...not coaching...

And I'll probably get blasted for this but I'm going to say it anyway...

"Politics" will bring Graham down as well. It has already started. The passing of Coach Carlock was the beginning of it. The creation of the Carlock-Pruitt Foundation and how that was handled propagated it. And now there are too many different groups thinking they are more important than the others...which only leads to chaos.

If those involved, and I'm not talking about the coaches, don't pull their heads out of their asses soon, Graham will go from an annual, proud contender to a basement dwelling, laughing-stock, pretender in the SWD.

The coaches, parents, former players, fans and boosters all need to be reading the same page in the playbook or else there will be some very long and sad football seasons in the very near future...

Not being from Graham, I will only half way agree with you. Obviously I am not caught up on the booster politics at GHS. But, I know where you are coming from saying that it will be a lack of cohesion between the different people that are involved in the program that will put a hurtin' on the program.

But it is a trend thing, the fluctuation over the course of 10, even 15 years that eventually dictates how many wins Graham High School will have, or any high school for that matter. I mean, was it not too long ago when graham was just more naturally physical than, say, richlands? Wasn't richlands having a couple of "down years" through there? So yeah, in the end, I think that Graham will come out of what ever is going on, and they'll be back. I mean, come on, they're Graham!

There aren't enough a-holes out there on the field anymore. These guys in MY OPINION are to nice. You always need 1 or 2 GOONS. Just ask Temples former basketball coach. (HAHA) They do need to get a little more physical.

I think its more about having a strong leader, who knows what he's doing, and can win everybody's trust so they will follow. Somebody who can glue everything together. These guys don't come along often and if your lucky they stay a while.

True, there are trends caused by having more talent than usual where any coach could have a winnig season but I think your looking at trend vs program here.

i want to know really how u guys think graham has gone down hill last few years

im a junior next year and in my 2 years one on the bench and the other starting graham hasn't had a losing season either of the 2 years in fact makin it to the region championship game only to lose to the state runner up my freshman year and to the state champs this year so what in the heck is with all these graham thrashes....ok we get it our coach and a close mentor and the bigest part of history at graham left us but give us a chance atleast to prove it b4 u take it away

[ QUOTE ]

i want to know really how u guys think graham has gone down hill last few years

im a junior next year and in my 2 years one on the bench and the other starting graham hasn't had a losing season either of the 2 years in fact makin it to the region championship game only to lose to the state runner up my freshman year and to the state champs this year so what in the heck is with all these graham thrashes....ok we get it our coach and a close mentor and the bigest part of history at graham left us but give us a chance atleast to prove it b4 u take it away

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach ON!!

You are exactly right. It's just that having teams in your district actually compete against you is almost a rarity from my days in high school. When I'd turn on Friday Night Extra, it would be huge thrashings of tazewell or richlands while now they are able to compete with you. Again, back to the title of this thread, trends in h.s. sports, all sports for that matter, happen.

Again, it's nothing against the current players, they are still winning. It's just not in the fashion and extremity that y'all won in the past.