New Mitchell Stadium Photos

rabidbeaver

[ QUOTE ]

Holy $h!t!

Now, it they would paint the bleachers this stadium would look awesome! The maroon is slowly starting to wear off of them... looks kinda crappy

[/ QUOTE ]i heard they were doing those and the locker rooms next year

[ QUOTE ]

man oh man, that is gorgeous and will only get better!! i bet Princeton's doesnt look anywhere near that good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton's looks pretty damn sweet as well.

One thing I've noticed about the new field...well not necessarily the field...but if the new fence goes up along the curbing, there isn't going to be a whole lot of room behind the benches and in the "out of bounds" area. Could be a problem when a play gets "carried" out of bounds especially between the 30s and the goalline. Also looks like the cheerleaders may have to find a new place to cheer from since there will be significantly less room for them. And the fans will be able to get much closer to the bench area than before...which might not be a good thing.

However, in the give and take of space, the paved area is going to be MUCH wider than it was previously...that will aleviate the "crowding" problem when the kids decide to congregate and converse instead of watch the game...

the fence will go in the middle of the paved area where it was from what I was told. There will still be pavement beyond that. The potential problem is it seems there's a raised concrete curb players who go to far out of bounds could collide with.

[ QUOTE ]

the fence will go in the middle of the paved area where it was from what I was told. There will still be pavement beyond that. The potential problem is it seems there's a raised concrete curb players who go to far out of bounds could collide with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's just stupid to have the curb and pavement INSIDE the fence where players could really get hurt...even though this project is getting done, sounds like BOZZO THE CLOWN is still making decisions on it...maybe they should consult someone in "risk management" before they erect the fence...

nice field.kinda gonna miss the mud bowls ive seen on that field though.but out with the old in with the new.times have to change sooner or later.just a quick question about turf,does anyone know if there are heated fields because of the snow and ice problem?just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]

the fence will be 18 inches behind the concrete curb.

[/ QUOTE ]

What will the over/under be on broken ankles/legs...hope the City has their liability insurance paid up...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What will the over/under be on broken ankles/legs...hope the City has their liability insurance paid up...

[/ QUOTE ]

The curb at the closest point to the sideline or endline is at least 15 feet this is more than enough room for safety and much more than any other stadium in the area has. Pro stadiums only have 5 yards in a lot of venues.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The curb at the closest point to the sideline or endline is at least 15 feet this is more than enough room for safety and much more than any other stadium in the area has. Pro stadiums only have 5 yards in a lot of venues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen many ocassions at the pre-turf Mitchell Stadium where the play ended up in the fence...just a matter of time before someone breaks a leg/ankle, or worse, with a drop-off only 18" from the fence. As I said, I hope the city has paid their liability insurance before the season starts...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen many ocassions at the pre-turf Mitchell Stadium where the play ended up in the fence...just a matter of time before someone breaks a leg/ankle, or worse, with a drop-off only 18" from the fence. As I said, I hope the city has paid their liability insurance before the season starts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen that too, but it was always at the back corners where the fence was less than six feet from the corner of the endzone. Those corners now will be 15 feet from the corner the new configuration will be much safer in that regard.

[ QUOTE ]

but it's a "raised" curb if you look at the photos, so if it goes to the fence they have to go over that curb, seems dangerous to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that there will be some type of protective barrier in the areas where potential issues could arise...

dang im really excited about our up coming games on turf....the hell to anyone who doesn't like the colors of it be happy with what ur given....atleast we don't have a field like pocy or something like that (no offense) but we should all be really thankful