New Mitchell Stadium Photos

rabidbeaver

yall it does look good princetons looks real good especialy with the big tiger paw in the middle...other comments...hum ..thinking.....humoh yea i saw ppl takin the extra turff its kinda funny lol... what are they gonna do replace the old indoor outdoor...lol...other thoughts.... DO NOT LIE... I know that Graham fans are very very pissed and u cant lie...in no way shape or form would you associate the field as being Graham's home field.. when there marroon is no were near that color and bluefield even has the blue in there colors..don't lue....the only remote thing that would make u think the G-men play there would be the gold lights in the scoreboard...now question are the gonna have any writting or anything letting ppl know that it is chamara field?

Color it purple, pink, or light tan. It will still count for 6 anytime Graham crosses the goal line. This issue will not divide us.

Go G-Men, Beat the Beavers

Go Beavers, Beat the Tornado

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it's not going to be called Chmara field any more......

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll be renamed the June O. Shott Field. I just hope they honor Coach Chmara is some way b/c he meant so much to Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe one of those 10,000 dollar statues I think......Along with Gainer,Carlock, and Burrhead.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll be renamed the June O. Shott Field. I just hope they honor Coach Chmara is some way b/c he meant so much to Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe one of those 10,000 dollar statues I think......Along with Gainer,Carlock, and Burrhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely one of those. The first one for Bluefield should be for Chmara with the field being renamed.

[ QUOTE ]

yall it does look good princetons looks real good especialy with the big tiger paw in the middle...other comments...hum ..thinking.....humoh yea i saw ppl takin the extra turff its kinda funny lol... what are they gonna do replace the old indoor outdoor...lol...other thoughts.... DO NOT LIE... I know that Graham fans are very very pissed and u cant lie...in no way shape or form would you associate the field as being Graham's home field.. when there marroon is no were near that color and bluefield even has the blue in there colors..don't lue....the only remote thing that would make u think the G-men play there would be the gold lights in the scoreboard...now question are the gonna have any writting or anything letting ppl know that it is chamara field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me...Graham fans could care less about the color of the endzones and out of bounds just as Bluefield fans could care less that the scoreboard in Red and Gold...it doesn't matter...both schools now have the greatest high school stadium to play in...period...

thats well put G-Man.with both teams playing their home games in this stadium who can deny that when Graham or Bluefield have a home game everyone knows where its being played at.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she already has a baseball field named after her...lol

[ QUOTE ]

So they honor the field to John Chmara and then 3 years later reaname it? thats pretty shitty if you ask me

Just rename the stadium to "shott stadium"

[/ QUOTE ]

no i dont agree with renaming anything,i think they should just leave it the hell alone and erect a statue in the honor of her and some words about the donation from the shotts about the new field.i know what your saying,its like they want to forget the past and you cant do that.but i would also like to see something mentioning carlock,thats what he deserves,is for him to be remembered too.

Thay have a perfect place for statues or whatever you want to call them.

Towards the scoreboard, that area between the concession stands and the bleachers there used to be just dirt falling down from the hill. They put up a stone wall about 4 feet high, it looks really good

Why not just lay down some mulch or whatever behind that wall and set the monuments ontop of that? Because i honesty dont know where else they could put them, ya know?

If it weren't for greats like Gainer, Chmara, and Carlock this area wouldn't have the football tradition it does, nor would anyone care about the caliber of the field our high school teams play on. I respect what June O. Shott did, but respect must be given to those who established the reason why we wanted turf to begin with. Give these gentlemen a monument.

How about statues of them on each side of the entrances to the stadium, up high, as in a stone platform with their statues on top of that, the h side could be gainer and chmara on respective sides, the opposite side gainer and carlock, players could be recognized with plaques elswhere. They could also put small spotlights at the top of the stone platform base, at their feet level, aimed to make them shine.

why dont they make bluefields finest take that crappy,stinkin,mini bus they only use when its cold or raining and put statues in that area?they could do that on both sides.