Any truth to the rumor...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

He couldnt hold Justins Jock. Who do you think was throwing him the ball<all the time>. Justin was an established senior with HUGE numbers and 2 trips to the state championships. But no offers from Division 1. hmmm...you do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm good at math...it takes more than getting it done on the field to get a D-1 scholarship...you have to get it done in the classroom as well...especailly if you have "marginal at best" D-1 talent...the truth is, JM was a very good player at the high school level but he wasn't/isn't D-1 material...

[ QUOTE ]

Im just saying that in my personal opinion, mine only, i think he is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most talented player on the field for Richlands last year in the games I watched was Austin Fuller...

Why can't we all just be happy that Justin will get a college degree while continuing to play the game he loves? He was the first RHS player to sign on signing day since Mike Compton and there is no shame in being a D1-AA quarterback. He had a great career at Richlands, he will have a great career at Liberty, and when all is said and done he will have a great career in life.

The suggestion that Coach Mance pulled strings to get Austin into VT isn't even worth responding to. Only a fool would make such a suggestion. Fuller is possibly the most gifted athlete to ever suit up at Richlands and he's one of the most intelligent kids you will ever meet. He and he alone EARNED an offer from Frank Beamer.

"nothing personal against Austin"......WOW, no one would have guessed it with statements as "he couldn't hold Justin's jockstrap", or " he (Austin) is overrated". I get it NOW.....I think that ugly little word known as JEALOUSY could be the overriding factor in your WORLD.

One would have to conclude that maybe this is not about JM after all...but more about you and your perceived wrong!!!

AGAIN, if you missed the point, D1 schools offer scholarships upon recommendations by their OWN not by any high school coach, staff or message board.

Austin hasn't even played the first down of football of his senior year in HS... give him a break...let him enjoy it.

As stated in my previous post...."being sour on life maketh one spew venom" (with a little tweaking.)

Get out today, have a good breakfast and start the day out right....we can only hope you'll wake up tomorrow with a new frame of mind.

[ QUOTE ]

Why can't we all just be happy that Justin will get a college degree while continuing to play the game he loves? He was the first RHS player to sign on signing day since Mike Compton and there is no shame in being a D1-AA quarterback. He had a great career at Richlands, he will have a great career at Liberty, and when all is said and done he will have a great career in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to throw on my amateur psychologist lab coat and wade right into this one.

I choose to believe that this thread originated out of concern for McCracken's apparent decision to forego entering college until January. Frankly, that is a big red flag if one could assume that his intention is to play college football at the highest possible level. G-Man nailed the nature of those concerns pretty precisely with his post elsewhere.

That said, I think BigD is also correct. Bottom line, IMO, is that McCracken is a quality individual who will ultimately be successful in life -- in whatever personal context that success might come.

The words posted about Fuller don't merit any comment at all. I can only assume that they are someone's poor attempt at humor -- and trust me, bad humor is a subject in which I am well versed.

Lab coat off. Back to your regularly scheduled flaming.

[ QUOTE ]

Why can't we all just be happy that Justin will get a college degree while continuing to play the game he loves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this goes with the point many are tyring to make...AS LONG AS HE ISN'T ENROLLED IN COLLEGE, HE WON'T BE GETTING HIS DEGREE NOR WILL HE CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME HE LOVES...I sure hope he isn't banking on a "pro career" with the team that's about to fold in Bluefield...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to throw on my amateur psychologist lab coat and wade right into this one.

I choose to believe that this thread originated out of concern for McCracken's apparent decision to forego entering college until January. Frankly, that it is a big red flag if one could assume that his intention is to play college football at the highest possible level. G-Man nailed the nature of those concerns pretty precisely with his post elsewhere.

That said, I think BigD is also correct. Bottom line, IMO, is that McCracken is a quality individual who will ultimately be successful in life -- in whatever personal context that success might come.

The words posted about Fuller don't merit any comment at all. I can only assume that they are someone's poor attempt at humor -- and trust me, bad humor is a subject in which I am well versed.

Lab coat off. Back to your regularly scheduled flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice assessment of the situation...I totally agree...

I have known that whippersnapper for years and am teatotally amazed how smart that feller has become but I sure didn't know he was a psyco-ologist. I have been havin some trouble with the tomaters in my garden; can you help me ary?

[ QUOTE ]

I have known that whippersnapper for years and am teatotally amazed how smart that feller has become but I sure didn't know he was a psyco-ologist. I have been havin some trouble with the tomaters in my garden; can you help me ary?

[/ QUOTE ]

You jest, but the truth of the matter is that I am a veritable genius when it comes to tomatoes. In fact, my plants this year are 7 feet tall and producing fruit the size of softballs.

There is a secret to it, which I don't mind sharing.

First, plant a good sized copse of boxwoods. A minimum of a couple of dozen would work, but my experience is that you want about 48.

Next, let the boxwoods grow unmolested for about 75 years.

Finally, remove all of the boxwoods and plant your vegetable garden in the area that the shrubs once occupied.

It's just that easy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Why can't we all just be happy that Justin will get a college degree while continuing to play the game he loves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this goes with the point many are tyring to make...AS LONG AS HE ISN'T ENROLLED IN COLLEGE, HE WON'T BE GETTING HIS DEGREE NOR WILL HE CONTINUE TO PLAY THE GAME HE LOVES...I sure hope he isn't banking on a "pro career" with the team that's about to fold in Bluefield...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's enrolling in January. Take a look at the liberty roster. They have four other quarterbacks, three of which are either freshmen or sophomores. By enrolling late he will gain a year of separation between himself and the others. It's something every school in the country does. They usually have them playing in prep school but I don't know what the financial considerations are in that situation.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You jest, but the truth of the matter is that I am a veritable genius when it comes to tomatoes. In fact, my plants this year are 7 feet tall and producing fruit the size of softballs.

First, plant a good sized copse of boxwoods. A minimum of a couple of dozen would work, but my experience is that you want about 48.

Finally, remove all of the boxwoods and plant your vegetable garden in the area that the shrubs once occupied.

It's just that easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not plant them in some of the posts in this thread?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just that easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not plant them in some of the posts in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha.what r u tryin to do kill em? lmao

I told coach Mance after the second game last year that Austin would get a D-1 ride. I answered his "why?" with what he was told when the phone call came in and a few other factors. I am sure there are things I don't know, but he's going and that's that as far as I am concerned. Regarding Justin, there is much that has not been mentioned on this board during his H.S. career and that's as it should be. Howzabout we all just enjoy and argue about the upcoming season? Jan. will be here before we know it.

[ QUOTE ]

If you go to vocational school its kinda hard to get a D-1 offer.. Schools look for how you do in the classroom. I didnt help Justin that he was in Vocational.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has nothing to do with it.

Lay off the shots at TCC&TC.

I went there for three hours a day my senior year and I was #1 in my class.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you go to vocational school its kinda hard to get a D-1 offer.. Schools look for how you do in the classroom. I didnt help Justin that he was in Vocational.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has nothing to do with it.

Lay off the shots at TCC&TC.

I went there for three hours a day my senior year and I was #1 in my class.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you had already completed EVERY class taught at Tazewell HS, and then some, by the end of your junior year...