Any truth to the rumor...

GMan

that a former local HS standout QB who went away to a D1-AA college to play football decided to come home???

Anybody from the western end of the county got any info on this????

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If your speaking of Justin McCracken,he's not enrolling until the Spring semester at Liberty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why???

[/ QUOTE ]

Liberty has several young QB's on the roster and they want to put an extra year of separation between them and Justin.

Why not stay and red-shirt? Won't he benifit from staying on campus and practicing and learning the system rather than coming home and not? He would not loose any of his 4 years with a red-shirt either. This just dosen't sound good or right to me?

If he returns to school in the spring.

I don't care what anyone says, when someone takes time off from going to school right after high school...the odds of them not returning to school increase significantly...and if an athlete that takes time off, odds of coming back as good as he once was diminish significantly...hard to keep interest and intensity in something your not around every day...

Well, its a shame he isnt the coaches stepson, he would be starting on a team like Va Tech, Miami, or Nebraska. Its good to be related to the Coach huh? And he would have been committed to them since his Jr year. Especially as talented as he is. All he needed was a little "hook-up"

[ QUOTE ]

Well, its a shame he isnt the coaches stepson, he would be starting on a team like Va Tech, Miami, or Nebraska. Its good to be related to the Coach huh? And he would have been committed to them since his Jr year. Especially as talented as he is. All he needed was a little "hook-up"

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up...

I'm SHOCKED that anyone would think ANY D1 school would offer a "fullride" scholarship because they're related to a high school coach. Are YOU for real???? There have been many former outstanding VT football players....do you think all of their sons got offered???

My understanding is that Austin, also, has received another D1 offer....do YOU think the coach was also "hooked up" on this offer???

According to the BDT story, after VT's season was over and the coach,(Beamer), was viewing highlight tapes was when the offer was made....not in some conspiritorial way.

I don't thing any D1 school throws out offers just because a young man's mother and step-father are graduates.

It is beyond my understanding how someone's life could be so SOUR that they feel the need to spew such venom.

This is my first year reading this forum and I am suprised by the comments I see from people who are so called "Blues" supporters. There is no question that Justin McCracken has been Richlands best QB, the results speak for themselves. I hope he will have the same results at Liberty and I believe he will. Austin's scholarship was offered by VT due to his athletic abilities and not who he is related to. Richlands and VT have not become a dominant force in football due to nepotism. I think it was very unfair to infer that Coach Mance and Coach Beamer direct their successful programs by this manner.

I guess Rivals' state and national rankings have no effect on potential scholarship players. Austin Fuller is ranked in the top 20 players in the state overall (all positions) and 74th national best WR. Justin did not make any of the above though he IS the best QB that Richlands has ever had. Both are great players and from SWVA. YOU should support BOTH if you are a TRUE Blues fan; why wouldn't you be excited for both athletes? I guess you think Coach Mance has something to do with the national & state rankings too? Way to go playing two outstanding young men from the same school against each other.

First of all, I hope that TrueBlueMORON, excuse me Marvel, comment is based on pure jealously instead of total ignorance. However, based on the post, I am leaning towards the assumption of complete ignorance.

Who Austin is related to had no bearings on the offers he received. Coach Mance did not get Austin a fullride to Va Tech. Austin Fuller's talent and video of his talent obviously impressed a few coaches, THAT is why he is going to Tech! Maybe they were impressed with his 1092 receiving yards, his 19TDs or the fact that he can reach out with that arm span he has and pull in anything within his vicinity. Any person who has seen Austin play knows how versatile of an athlete he is. He is multi-talented on the field and court(s). So for any person on any message board to say Austin or any other player from any school received special favors because of who their parents, brother or sister may be is asinine. HIS TALENT IS PROOF ENOUGH!!

You still don't get it, do ya? Why do you hate Austin so bad? What has he done to you? Justin was a good QB, no one is denying that, but he wasn't a great QB and that's what you need to be in order to be considered by major colleges.

Nothing personal against Austin at all. Just making a point. I hope him the best of luck in all endeavors, i really do. Im just saying that in my personal opinion, mine only, i think he is overrated. If that offends everyone, then im sorry. And I think that Justin kinda got the short end of things. He didnt get the promotion to the division 1 schools that he should have. Sorry everyone, if i offended anyone, just my opinion. My last post on the subject.