check this out

dawgs05

I think the coach said about what you said. Richlands has the bullseye on them. It would be some teams superbowl to beat them.

You know any opposing coach going into a game would have to mention the success. And to be the best you have to beat the best.

In no way was Austin saying anything to demean Tazewell or their team. If you knew him personally you would know this to be true. What team wouldn't be out to defeat the defending state champs. I would never want to quell a player's enthusiasm for the game or his team as long as no malice is intended (and it certainly wasn't).

[ QUOTE ]

In no way was Austin saying anything to demean Tazewell or their team. If you knew him personally you would know this to be true. What team wouldn't be out to defeat the defending state champs. I would never want to quell a player's enthusiasm for the game or his team as long as no malice is intended (and it certainly wasn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that he meant no harm by what he said...dawgs05 just likes to stir up trouble.

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_215235349.html

I'm sure a few people have read this in the paper.......talk like this is why there is such disdain for richlands in general.....the super bowl??!? Haha...come on now austin

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the disdain for Richlands is because THEY WIN!!! I was at that game in 2005 and when Tazewell scored the field goal I said "Man, you'd think they just won the Super Bowl"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a few people have read this in the paper.......talk like this is why there is such disdain for richlands in general.....the super bowl??!? Haha...come on now austin

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the disdain for Richlands is because THEY WIN!!! I was at that game in 2005 and when Tazewell scored the field goal I said "Man, you'd think they just won the Super Bowl"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was at the game also, and I was sitting on the Tazewell side because I couldnt find a set on the visitors side...and trust me they acted like they won the super bowl. I even got cursed by the nice folks sitting behind me.

What is funny is some of u guys don't understand these two teams playing each other has been like this for years, when it comes to football these 2 town hate each other.. Nothing has changed, and I don't see it changing any time soon, its just a big as the beaver and graham game, maybe not as much hype as the other game, but you know the town of richlands and tazewell love there teams, and when you hear all season long well this team hasn't been scored on, well they done something that no other team had done in half a season that year. But if I remeber that game was close till late in the 4th qtr..

[ QUOTE ]

What is funny is some of u guys don't understand these two teams playing each other has been like this for years, when it comes to football these 2 town hate each other..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good insight.

Back in 1984, Richlands started the season 1-5. Until the Blues cranked out a few more wins to finish even, a commonly heard refrain around town was, "At least we beat Tazewell."

That '84 victory was the last for the Blues in the series until 1991. And that continues to be a very big deal to the RHS classes who were impacted by those games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was at the game also, and I was sitting on the Tazewell side because I couldnt find a set on the visitors side...and trust me they acted like they won the super bowl. I even got cursed by the nice folks sitting behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What is funny is some of u guys don't understand these two teams playing each other has been like this for years, when it comes to football these 2 town hate each other..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good insight.

Back in 1984, Richlands started the season 1-5. Until the Blues cranked out a few more wins to finish even, a commonly heard refrain around town was, "At least we beat Tazewell."

That '84 victory was the last for the Blues in the series until 1991. And that continues to be a very big deal to the RHS classes who were impacted by those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats like in 2000 (I think) Tazewell went 1-9 that year and that one win was against Richlands, and everyone would say well atleast we beat Richlands..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we know it was a field goal.....but the Tazewell crowd cheered bc they had heard all week about how they wouldnt even score....and to blemish any RHS streak is always something worth cheering for......we cheered bc we broke the streak and not bc of a measly fg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we know it was a field goal.....but the Tazewell crowd cheered bc they had heard all week about how they wouldnt even score....and to blemish any RHS streak is always something worth cheering for......we cheered bc we broke the streak and not bc of a measly fg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you scored a field goal. But it was an early christmas present. Because there wasnt that much more for tazewell to cheer for that night. It was good while it lasted.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you scored a field goal. But it was an early christmas present. Because there wasnt that much more for tazewell to cheer for that night. It was good while it lasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yal act like richlands blew that game out, it was like 7 to 3 late into the 4th qt...