Just for fun

GHS89

In my opinion the best backfield ever at graham was:

Tony Easley FB

Brandon Banks FB

Milton Byard

and throw in Jacob Dellorso as a fourth.....of course that combo of Graves, Gunter, and Brewster was pretty good as well haha

[ QUOTE ]

chambo despian and didnt he have a brother raul despian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chamo, Gerald, and Raul...the three Despians. To the best of my knowledge, Chamo was the first "soccer style" kicker at Graham. Coach Carlock didn't like "soccer style" kickers, he liked the "old-school" straight-on kickers. Don't think Gerald ever played...he was too much of a "ladies-man". Raul dressed but I don't think he ever got to play...maybe a play or two in a blowout.

I'll never forget one night at Bill Osborne's house...Chamo challenged me to a game of "quarter bounce". After 32 straight "makes" in a shot glass...he quietly stumbled away to go puke off the deck...good times...

Here's my short list for Grundy...If I was building a team, I'd like to have these guys on it...so that's how I picked them...I've seen them all play in person and I picked them based on what I have seen over the years...some may not be in the exact position they are "known" for playing, but did play at one point and did well...I'm sure you could add a lot of people to this from different time periods...but, here's mine:

Grundy:

QB - Tommy "Gun" Crigger

RB - Garon Marcum

FB - Aaron Marcum

WR - Cary Perkins

OL - Luke Owens

OL - Scott Mescher

DL - Jamie Lane

DE - Colby Owens

LB - Aaron Marcum

DB - Cary Perkins

K/P- Dillon Reese

KR - Garon Marcum

[ QUOTE ]

i watched Crigger pick apart Richlands on a muddy night at Nelson in "94 maybe in region semis, it was the best 2 minute offense i ever remember being ran in a high school game

[/ QUOTE ]

for me anyway...that game against Richlands - known as "the 2 minute drill" - I think that is the last time Grundy actually beat Richlands btw... the 02 Region iv win against Graham, and the 1987 game against Tazewell which was Cary Perkins arrival on the scene, known as "the miracle at Nelson" grundy won 28-0 on Halloween night - Grundy coming off an 0-10 season and Tazewell coming of a State Championship run with a ton of starters back.... and the game againt CC in 02 which signaled Garon Marcums arrival where he scored 3 td's as a 9th grader to give Grundy a 21-12 come from behind win in the 4th...are probably 4 of the greatest Grundy games ever played.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

chambo despian and didnt he have a brother raul despian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chamo, Gerald, and Raul...the three Despians. To the best of my knowledge, Chamo was the first "soccer style" kicker at Graham. Coach Carlock didn't like "soccer style" kickers, he liked the "old-school" straight-on kickers. Don't think Gerald ever played...he was too much of a "ladies-man". Raul dressed but I don't think he ever got to play...maybe a play or two in a blowout.

I'll never forget one night at Bill Osborne's house...Chamo challenged me to a game of "quarter bounce". After 32 straight "makes" in a shot glass...he quietly stumbled away to go puke off the deck...good times...

[/ QUOTE ]

raul used to steal my shampoo lol. thats funny about the shot glass puking hero lmao hahaha.boy the good ole 80s the best times and we didnt even know it.well maybe we did.remember jerry wolford what an idiot.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post guys. You are bringing back alot of good memories. I think Massey belongs on the line somewhere as well. That was a formidable wall in 91!!!! And yes, please just put the 89 defense on there for every position. No I in team. Special teams, you just have to look at best numbers overall.