Well everyone...

beano5

We started preseason on August 7th...we have two-a-days but they arent that rough...we have conditioning practices every morning from 7-9 and games/game situation drills 4-6...its been very hot and humid every day with the temperature over 90 for the afternoon practices and heat index over 100 most of the time...all in all we have a strong program here if we can stay together as a team and not bicker...i have been mostly quiet considering i am a freshman and all but i stick as many people as possible and work hard every day...i figured i would keep everyone informed on how its going...our first scrimmage is the 21st i believe against Mountain State...i will try my best to let everyone on here know how the season is going...

yeah i guess thats true....and the shot to the head was on both side....our goalie..yes my own goalie...went to punch the ball out and bam...fist and elbow hit one side of the head and kid from the other team his head hit the other side of my head...and i dont remember that one bit...Coach had to tell me that...

• 4 weeks later...

nah we dont play Bluefield in soccer...im not too sure how good the team is...havent heard anything...i can ask my mom she works at Bluefield College and she might know but we dont play them....and futbolking i NEVER said soccer wasnt a contact sport..i KNOW its a contact sport..i got a concussion because of this contact sport...

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen a goalie get his bottom teeth knocked THROUGH his upper lip... another kid break his leg in half...numerous other fractures breaks and concussions...so please don't tell me that soccer is not a contact sport

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've seen a guy get punched in the mouth over a game of checkers but that doesn't make checkers a "contact sport".

Soccer, by rule, is a "non-contact" sport...collisions will and do occur but they are not an "intregal part" of the game. Most contact is "penalized" by the officials.

With football, as in rugby, contact is a "requirement" in order for the game to be played as it was meant to be played.

So, no, soccer is not a contact sport...

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I've seen a guy get punched in the mouth over a game of checkers but that doesn't make checkers a "contact sport".

Soccer, by rule, is a "non-contact" sport...collisions will and do occur but they are not an "intregal part" of the game. Most contact is "penalized" by the officials.

With football, as in rugby, contact is a "requirement" in order for the game to be played as it was meant to be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... if we are talking about how soccer is "meant to be played" then it is a contact sport. If there was no contact, then an offender would run up the field and score a goal. then the other team would run up the field and score a goal. and the final score would be nba-like.

Soccer is meant to have slide tackles, shoulder barges etc. Defenders and Offenders alike use their bodies to make space. Goalies can do whatever they want as long as they "go after the ball."

Soccer is a contact sport. Contact is an integral part of the game. And most contact isn't even seen by the referee.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... if we are talking about how soccer is "meant to be played" then it is a contact sport. If there was no contact, then an offender would run up the field and score a goal. then the other team would run up the field and score a goal. and the final score would be nba-like.

Soccer is meant to have slide tackles, shoulder barges etc. Defenders and Offenders alike use their bodies to make space. Goalies can do whatever they want as long as they "go after the ball."

Soccer is a contact sport. Contact is an integral part of the game. And most contact isn't even seen by the referee.

[/ QUOTE ]

"go after the ball" = NON-CONTACT

"go after the player" = CONTACT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen a goalie get his bottom teeth knocked THROUGH his upper lip... another kid break his leg in half...numerous other fractures breaks and concussions...so please don't tell me that soccer is not a contact sport

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Jeff,

Your an ignorant red neck cunt. What rule in the FIFA laws of the game states soccer is a non-contact sport? Ive never seen that rule. Your ignorant because you have never seen a real football match. Watch an English match you'll get all the contact you want minus the pads. None of us come on the football fourm and say all football players are pussys because they wear pads and helments. Do us a favor and just stay in your own little area. I have a good feeling this will be my last post haha.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Jeff,

Your an ignorant red neck cunt. What rule in the FIFA laws of the game states soccer is a non-contact sport? Ive never seen that rule. Your ignorant because you have never seen a real football match. Watch an English match you'll get all the contact you want minus the pads. None of us come on the football fourm and say all football players are pussys because they wear pads and helments. Do us a favor and just stay in your own little area. I have a good feeling this will be my last post haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one called anyone names except you. He was just arguing the point that soccer is not a contact sport. Sounds like you have some built up anger inside...maybe its from the lack of contact in soccer. haha j/k I could never play soccer...mostly because Im fat.

[ QUOTE ]

ear Jeff,

[/ QUOTE ]

was all that profanity really necessary chaz? seriously man. Calling somebody a "redneck cunt" does nothing but makes you look like a friggin idiot yourself

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Jeff,

[/ QUOTE ]

Do everyone a favor and stop posting if you can not act like a mature young man. If you want to go on using foul language then go somewhere else. You are just making yourself look bad.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Jeff,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Chaz,

I'm sorry we disagree about things...but that's life. I see things my way and you see things your way.

Soccer by definition, not by "rule" as you put it, is a non-contact sport in the fact that the object of the game is to play the ball...kind of like tennis and golf. Occasionally, there is contact between players but it is not an intergal part of the game and is frowned upon by both officials and players.

Football, on the other hand, is a contact sport in that actual, physical contact between players is a requirement for the game to be played the way it is supposed to be played. The object is to get the ball into the endzone using the help of "blockers" to keep the defense from "tackling" the player with the ball.

Let's look at the term "tackle" since it is used in both sports.

A tackle in soccer, by definition, is "the act of taking the ball away from a player by kicking or stopping it with one's feet; only a minimal amount of shoulder-to-shoulder contact, called a charge, is permitted to knock the ball carrier off balance." Notice it said "minimal amount of shoulder-to-shoulder contact is permitted". You can have a "minimal amount of shoulder-to-shoulder contact" at the Mall. So I guess, shopping would be considered a "contact sport" in your opinion.

A tackle in football, by definition, is "contacting a ball carrier to cause him to touch the ground with any part of his body except his hands, thereby ending the play." When's the last time you saw someone "tackled" at Wal-Mart???

As I said, we will have to agree to disagree on this issue but there are the facts...everyone else can decide for themselves.

And by the way, if you get banned, it won't be by me. I'll let 'Rocks or Lance take care of that if they want to for the "name calling" you tossed out in your post. It doesn't bother me...cool.gif!

Love

Jeff

AKA "The G-Man"