How Does Abingdon Look?

AbndonFan

Abingdon might go 5-5 and that would be a good year.

I dont think you will beat Graham, Richlands, Tazewell, Carroll County, or VA High...or do you guys not play Va High this year? I have not seen the updated schedule, but of the teams I know you guys play, I don't think you will beat them.

I think they might just be a little better than people give them credit for. Looked pretty good in 7 on 7 (and yes I know it was just 7 on 7 but they looked well put together)

[ QUOTE ]

I think we can win 8 or more games and challenge Richlands for the district championship. Who will beat us in the district-maybe Richlands that's it! I heard everyone else is really down.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously heard wrong richlands of course will be good and tazewell and carroll will be strong and graham should be tough as well

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think you will beat Graham, Richlands, Tazewell, Carroll County, or VA High...or do you guys not play Va High this year? I have not seen the updated schedule, but of the teams I know you guys play, I don't think you will beat them.

[/ QUOTE ] they went 5-5 lastyear and they have a way better team this year so i think theyll improve lastyears record to at least 7-3

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] they went 5-5 lastyear and they have a way better team this year so i think theyll improve lastyears record to at least 7-3

[/ QUOTE ]

so which two of those 5 teams listed do you think they can beat? I can tell you CC, Graham, Richlands, VA High, and Tazewell are all going to be strong teams unless there are injuries.

I'd make a bet after watching VA Highs performance last night that Abingdon will beat them. They looked piss poor. They are small the QB isn't great and their running game wasn't all that impressive either

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so which two of those 5 teams listed do you think they can beat? I can tell you CC, Graham, Richlands, VA High, and Tazewell are all going to be strong teams unless there are injuries.

[/ QUOTE ] id go with beating va high, they have potential to beat cc considering they did last year, possibly tazewell and graham.. they way everyone is talkin on here tazewell and graham doesnt have a strong team, but i havent seen them play yet so i dont know

Who are the new coaches? did the new coach bring some coaches from JC ? Or does he pick them up from down there when he comes to work? Has the old boy found him a home in the county seat ? Or will he drive back and fourth all year?I have also heard that one of the falcons younger players has moved to Va High. Is this true ? and why did he move? alot of ? to be answered in Falcon Camp > any answers out there?

No coaches transferred with the head coach, as far as I know. I do know that a freshman transferred to VHS because his daddy thinks he is a tight end, and Abingdon had not put in their tight end package yet. There are also rumors of recruiting flying around. Apparently Smith (AHS head coach) had his tight end take Lopez (the transfer) out to diner to sweet talk him.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd make a bet after watching VA Highs performance last night that Abingdon will beat them. They looked piss poor. They are small the QB isn't great and their running game wasn't all that impressive either .

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 38-7 at halftime in the VA High Scrimmage with Patrick Henry!

If that scrimmage was played a FULL game it would have been ridiculous. Only reason PH scored, was VA High had some 2nd & 3rd stringers on the field in the last 2 minutes before the 1st half was over.

Abingdon could not beat Chilhowie. (Lost last weekend 14-12)How do you think they beat anyone in the SW District?

Abingdon ran 24 times for a GRAND TOTAL of 14 yards and only completed 8 passes out of 20 for 192 yards and they were all up for grabs lob balls.

If you think that will get it done in the SWD, you have another thing coming.

Chilhowie ran it for 242 yards on you.... all the teams in the SWD will do that and more! LOL

ABINGDON consider yourself lucky if you go 5-5 this year and be happy with it. It's going to be a tough year for the Falcons.

Let's crown Va High again for beating the last place team in the hogo. We will beat Battle & PH by 50 each. We should win all 4 games against single a teams this year. Honaker is struggling and I really don't think Va High can play with our skill players. We should also beat Tazewell and Grundy-that's 6 wins. Richlands may be a loss but the other 3 are winnable games. I think 8-2 season.

[ QUOTE ]

Let's crown Va High again for beating the last place team in the hogo. We will beat Battle & PH by 50 each. We should win all 4 games against single a teams this year. Honaker is struggling and I really don't think Va High can play with our skill players. We should also beat Tazewell and Grundy-that's 6 wins. Richlands may be a loss but the other 3 are winnable games. I think 8-2 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...Can someone mark this guys statement down and hold on to it for Early November?

I can't reply to such silliness [ QUOTE ]

I really don't think Va High can play with our skill players

[/ QUOTE ].....8-2?...lol

[ QUOTE ]

We should win all 4 games against single a teams this year. Honaker is struggling and I really don't think Va High can play with our skill players. We should also beat Tazewell and Grundy-that's 6 wins. Richlands may be a loss but the other 3 are winnable games. I think 8-2 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with being supremely optimistic I guess, but you like me probably don't know what everyone else has for sure until the season actually begins. You're talking 8-2 this year for Abingdon, when was their last winning season - 2003 @ 6-4...and have lost to Virginia Hig the last 3 seasons? Lot of big talk there in my opinion, will be interesting to see if you can back it up later on this year.

Agreed.I think the last time Abingdon went 8-2 was 1992 when they played the tornados in the region championship game. I'm betting they don't have the players to pull that off.

You might beat battle bye fifty.Then you may not.Isaw abingdon last saterday night looked pretty weak up the middle.They can't stop the run.Next friday tell me the score.I think ph and abingdon are even but ph has a big fullback with good speed.If abingdon can't stop chilhowie small slow running game It's gonna be good.