Graham

Gunz9

Kinda looking for a third party opinion who saw Richlands, Bluefield, and Graham play yesterday. I heard that Graham looked better than expected yesterday. Just kinda curious if they gotta chance at SWD title and do you think they got a good chance of beating beaver next week?

Go G-Men!

[ QUOTE ]

Kinda looking for a third party opinion who saw Richlands, Bluefield, and Graham play yesterday. I heard that Graham looked better than expected yesterday. Just kinda curious if they gotta chance at SWD title and do you think they got a good chance of beating beaver next week?

Go G-Men!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Graham looked better than many thought they would. Yes, Graham has a shot at the SWD. Yes, Graham can beat Bluefield next week. And Graham can beat Richlands as well. If you like hard-nosed, fundamentally sound, tough as nails, blue collar, never say die football you'll enjoy watching Graham this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Go G-Men!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Richlands has to play'em one game at at time....blah, blah,blah .......more politically correct "can't take anyone for granted" type stuff ...blah, blah, blah, ....before they play Graham in week five, and as I've said since last year, beat Graham by at least 20.....

but that's just my opinion.....

I hate to talk bad about the boy but I think he may have been better off staying at Graham....may not have had a good of a chance as with Beaver to make state but he may have seen more playing time.

Based on performance so far, and what I have seen from David Marrs, I doubt he would have started. One must remember that he had his audition the past two years, and his knee is obviously full strength to be fair in his assessment for this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Is it too late to send Will Cole back to Graham?

[/ QUOTE ]

The boy is how old???? 16?? 17?? You guys are brutal.....if the kid shows the potential to be good in practice he probably has the ability to be good in games.....but reading this trash he will never gain any confidence.......the kid is in a losing position with the weight of the world on his shoulders when he performs, and you guys are not making it any easier...

i have to agree with parsons...Will is a good qb and someone even said he had a long TD pass...so i mean everyone has their bad days...i wouldnt worry about Will..he will be fine...last year was just a sophomore slump...everyone has them haha...he will be just fine...give him time...

[ QUOTE ]

i have to agree with parsons...Will is a good qb and someone even said he had a long TD pass...so i mean everyone has their bad days...i wouldnt worry about Will..he will be fine...last year was just a sophomore slump...everyone has them haha...he will be just fine...give him time...

[/ QUOTE ]

We can only hope. The kid is surrounded by a team full of playmakers. If he can get them the ball they will get him the yards and scores...

After watchin the games yesterday I have a few conclusions

1. The field is beautiful! Very nice job! I even walked out on it, its very nice!

2. Graham will surprise teams this fall. Graham could easily win the SWD, their running game is brutal. That Barerras kid is a beast out there, if you don't believe me ask the QB from Martinsburg.

3. Richlands will not go 10-0. They definately could win the SWD again and possibly region but unless the Elswick kid plays every game like he did the 2nd qtr of the Martinsburg game, Richlands is in trouble. Also, Fuller has a full ride to VT, Mance shouldn't be calling plays, especially in scrimmages where Fuller takes the snap and runs directly up the middle. Dont get the kid hurt.

4. Bluefield will lose to Graham. Bluefield will be good this fall but unless something changes I don't think they can handle Graham's punishing attack. Also, no offense to anyone but from what I saw yesterday Ansel Ponder is way way way overrated. He's good but not a superstar

5. Wayne and Martinsburg sure seemed weak to be defending state champs, maybe they lost alot to graduation.

6. The QBs from Wayne and Martinsburg would start on any team in SWVA. Those kids can play

A lot of people seem to forget that Wayne only has 3 starters back on offense from last year...and played most of yesterday without 2 of the new starters on offense. Wayne has a TON of work to do up front. Got eaten alive on runs between the tackles on each side of the ball. Defensively, both those guys that I mentioned before were returning starters...one missed the entire day except for two offensive plays against Graham, and the other missed half the Richlands scrimmage. Wayne lost the runner-up for the Huff Award (WV's best defensive player) from last year and is actually a little young this year. Wayne only has 10 seniors on its roster...9 of them will play, and only 6 saw significant time last year....and only 3 were on either side of the ball in the state championship game last year...So yeah...you saw a work-in-progress in regards to Wayne yesterday. But I trust the Pioneer coaching staff to get things rolling in the right direction.

Getting shoved around and having weaknesses exposed at this time of the year is NOT a bad thing. Still time to work on things. Better to happen now than to happen in the state semifinals (which is what happend in 05) or championship game (04).

Oh yeah, and Martinsburg was not defending state champs...they got beat bad in the AAA title game. Parkersburg is the class of WV this year. They have the top OG in the country in Josh Jenkins and rolled everyone last year...with the bulk of their team coming back.

[ QUOTE ]

After watchin the games yesterday I have a few conclusions

1. The field is beautiful! Very nice job! I even walked out on it, its very nice!

2. Graham will surprise teams this fall. Graham could easily win the SWD, their running game is brutal. That Barerras kid is a beast out there, if you don't believe me ask the QB from Martinsburg.

3. Richlands will not go 10-0. They definately could win the SWD again and possibly region but unless the Elswick kid plays every game like he did the 2nd qtr of the Martinsburg game, Richlands is in trouble. Also, Fuller has a full ride to VT, Mance shouldn't be calling plays, especially in scrimmages where Fuller takes the snap and runs directly up the middle. Dont get the kid hurt.

4. Bluefield will lose to Graham. Bluefield will be good this fall but unless something changes I don't think they can handle Graham's punishing attack. Also, no offense to anyone but from what I saw yesterday Ansel Ponder is way way way overrated. He's good but not a superstar

5. Wayne and Martinsburg sure seemed weak to be defending state champs, maybe they lost alot to graduation.

6. The QBs from Wayne and Martinsburg would start on any team in SWVA. Those kids can play

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in there did I say he "was not good"?? And Yes, I know I only saw him one time but I did see him drop 2 passes and if you are to be a big time recruit you cant go around dropping passes like that.........and remember I did say from what I saw yesterday

Also, the only two passes I saw he go for

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to talk bad about the boy but I think he may have been better off staying at Graham....may not have had a good of a chance as with Beaver to make state but he may have seen more playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham is better off without him...not going to be missed...

If David Marrs stays healthy as we hope all players do, and he continues to develop, he will become the player we expected for our quarterback. He is getting bigger and stronger. He is smart, processes information quickly, and makes good decisions. He is all upside potential.

I watched 5 or 6 of the JV games for Graham last year. I think they lost only one game. Marrs showed much promise then. He has potential to be a good quarterback. He doesn't seem to be phased by what has happened so far. He is very even keel.

"Wayne and Martinsburg sure seemed weak to be defending state champs, maybe they lost alot to graduation."

what does defending have anything to do with it, a lot of programs have to rebuild after a title team, and martinsburg didn't earn the title in '06 anyhow, in fact they were bested quite easily.. not to mention I saw a 14 - 14 score after the richlands wayne scrimmage anyhow.

Don't forget that while everyone there was impressed with Graham, they beat Wayne 6-0 on a TD with 25 seconds left to win what to that point had been a dead heat of a scrimmage. Wayne certainly didn't look dominate, but as I said earlier, to have lost 8 starters on offense and 5 or 6 on defense (not including a returner who didn't play a snap on defense all day), they didn't get embarrassed by a couple of potentially GREAT football teams.

And no one will argue that Wayne is better athletically than those teams. These scrimmages take out the part of the game that Wayne has excelled in under Harmon...preparation. Sure, you prepare your own stuff, but for scrimmages, you don't prepare for what your opponents do. When you take the preparation out, it comes down to athletes. No one on Wayne's schedule runs the stuff Richlands did, and on top of that, no one on Wayne's schedule is as fundamentally sound AND physical upfront as Graham was. Wayne made a couple of plays and hung on for dear life at the end of the Richlands scrimmage, but more good than harm came out of it all.

[ QUOTE ]

they played old Graham football-control tiempo and clock- and a very hard hitting defense. the QB looked really good as well

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they did play old school football and i loved every minute of it.thats my type of football.