Bluefield's head coach

FOOTBALLMAN

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several coaches that coach one sport at one school and another sport at another school throughout the years. As long as there is not a conflict it has been allowed. There is also a principal from Mercer County that is an assistant coach, but was told that he could not be a head coach. Reason given was that as an assistant he was not the one in charge and if he had to miss to fulfill a principal duty, the head coach would still be there. As a head coach he would be in charge and they did not want a principal in that position. You would of course not be allowed to coach football at two schools. You CAN however coach a fall sport (football, volleyball, or golf) at one school, a winter sport (basketball) at another school, and a spring sport (baseball, track, softball) at a third school. I dont make the rules just have to live with them.

True True The only one who knows the coach is Joe and his decision has been made for weeks now. They found a place [Teaching Position] for the last PHS coach. What a disaster and a dissapointment for them. Hopefully BHS will get a coach capable of extracting excellence from the players there.

My saying Joe knows was only extraneous fun talk I don't know who knows. Recommendations are made? or recieved? The basis is driven by what? Best? Most liked [in area]. Most liked[outside area] Teaching certification? Oclocracy? Commorody? Money? Money? Who has the last rite?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any word?

[/ QUOTE ]

we should know sometime soon. I know the board met tonight. im just waiting on a confirmation.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

What is you're best guess or have you found out yet please post as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

once i hear itll be on here ASAP... if im wrong on what i heard ill feel stupid, so for know ill keep my mouth shut...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i havent heard any of that. I mean i know he goes after the refs, but im not sure about his demeanor

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is loaded with talent,so whoever gets the position needs to bring home a state banner,something the other coach couldn't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we're not. haha...We have some very good players but loaded? I think not.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is loaded with talent,so whoever gets the position needs to bring home a state banner,something the other coach couldn't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we're not. haha...We have some very good players but loaded? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

last year we were loaded. this year i sgree not so much.

This year's team will still be very competitive with the talent level of Ansel Ponder and Craig Ponder, Shaun Brooks, Turquan Casey, Marcus Patterson, and some others.

They won't have the true basketball skill for the most part as did last year's team, but they are still every bit as athletic. They should still be better than most AA teams in the state.

Hey schoolmarm. Don't be decieved by sheeps in lambs clothing. The teams from the past 4 years have been real real real good. To be or not to be this was and is the question. State Title, sorry they didn't deserve it. As a matter of fact with the last coach they went farther than they should have.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey schoolmarm. Don't be decieved by sheeps in lambs clothing. The teams from the past 4 years have been real real real good. To be or not to be this was and is the question. State Title, sorry they didn't deserve it. As a matter of fact with the last coach they went farther than they should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess you are right. After all, they didn't beat James Monroe bad enough to be state champs. The only reason they were remotely close games were because of coaching, or lack thereof. Anyone who knows anything about basketball would defintely agree, also.

Bluefield overmatched just about every one they played at every positon, with the exception of coaching, and to say they that the last coach took the team farther than they should have been just shows your ignorance.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you try to be philosopical. all you post is a bunch of crap.

I was talking to one of your own players from MOnroe county and he was talking about how dumb Gilliard was. How JM could even stay with bluefield twice in two years was rediculous with the talent bluefield had.

Anyone who thinks bluefield shouldn't have won a state championship in the last four years clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Someone from James Monroe is trying to give advice on basketball? Laughable. Let me give JM some advice, stop modeling your basketball program after the look and style of the movie Hoosiers.

[/ QUOTE ]

RUN THE PICKETT FENCE!!! haha