Great game, G-Men

RichlandsAlum

It does'nt matter if they played above their heads or beyond their potential. It also does'nt matter if Richlands played below expectations or on par with the talent level they possess. This was a great SWD game between to storied rivals. When you throw that into the equation you can toss the records. I wont say that Richlands may have went into the game taking Graham light.(Doubt that Mance will let that happen) Graham has a defense that will hit you and Richlands' offense has been spotty.

Thats what made this game close and allowed Graham to find the confidence and belief that they could win this game. If that confidence carries over thru the rest of the season more wins will follow. I beleive that Richlands will rebound with a strong performance against Tazewell.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That game should have never been close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, when Tazewell plays Richlands it won't be...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree gman. All I am saying is that Graham played way above their heads. Good lord, I thought you knew a little about football. You do not agree with the fact that the Gmen played above their heads?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They played to their potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

which judging by their previous performances......was way above their heads? Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again...NO.

Graham played poorly against three very good teams to start the season...lots of turnovers, lots of untimely penalties, and a few injuries to boot. They didn't play to their potential against Marion either but they still got the victory.

Anyone who saw them scrimmage will tell you that the team that played the first four games of the season was not playing to their potetial.

Friday night, against Richlands, they played the way they were capable of playing, the same way they played in their scrimmage games.

Does this mean that if they had played to their potential in the first three games their record would be any different? No, probably not. But the games would have been much closer than they were. Now if they had played "over their heads", as you put it, against those teams, then yes, they might be 5-0 now instead of 2-3.

There is a difference in playing to your potential and playing "over their heads".

[ QUOTE ]

haha ok tidbit sorry bout it still got the adrenaline running so my bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it wasnt a put down! Great job guys, I am tickeled that some finally got Richlands. I knew it was coming, but thought it would be Bluefield that would get them.

I watched the scrimages too and thought Graham was one of the top teams there. I was foresure that Graham would beat Bluefield. Beaver did not look good at all. Then Graham starts loosing these game and I was shocked.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

18 games ago the blues lost to turner ashby

[/ QUOTE ]

your point?

[/ QUOTE ] He's probably referring to the 33 game winning streak. What he doesn't realize is that the 33 game winning streak was regular season games, not including playoff games.

[ QUOTE ]

Gmen screwed it up for the beavers!! We wanted the first L

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmmm...all of a sudden the tables are turned...Blues are now in the spoilers role in this one. Stranger things have happened, and the sleeping Giant may have been awakened. Long way to go before this game...lots of things could happen, so don't get too cocky!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats g-men on the victory... wonder what's being said on the blues personal message board tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what they are saying but it sounds like that board has been invaded by a bunch of crickets....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too busy eating some crow on that side of Tazewell County today. Their reality check bounced.

[/ QUOTE ] It's comments like this that create hate between the two schools. Absolutely classless. Everyone I know on the Richlands side has had nothing but good things to say about an absolutely great football game between two "warriors" on the football field. I am proud of the Graham G-Men for their victory, and I wish you all well for the remainder of the season. Maybe we will meet again, and if we do it will be another awesome football game. Both sides played their hearts out, and nobody is "eating crow"...we're supporting our team in defeat just as we did in victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you say that.....after you lost...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats g-men on the victory... wonder what's being said on the blues personal message board tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what they are saying but it sounds like that board has been invaded by a bunch of crickets....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too busy eating some crow on that side of Tazewell County today. Their reality check bounced.

[/ QUOTE ] It's comments like this that create hate between the two schools. Absolutely classless. Everyone I know on the Richlands side has had nothing but good things to say about an absolutely great football game between two "warriors" on the football field. I am proud of the Graham G-Men for their victory, and I wish you all well for the remainder of the season. Maybe we will meet again, and if we do it will be another awesome football game. Both sides played their hearts out, and nobody is "eating crow"...we're supporting our team in defeat just as we did in victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you say that.....after you lost...

[/ QUOTE ] It's harder to say it after a loss than after a victory. I believe after Marion's loss to Graham all I heard was a bunch of babies crying over a bad call. The classy thing to do is say, "ok, you kicked our butts, we'll see you next time". Instead, some of the Marion fans were making excuses. Richlands supporters showed class after the loss to Graham...you could learn something from that...stop your whining futbolqueen