New Football Program

Lancer007

If you are talking about Mountain Mission in Grundy that would be good, but they are a private school and I do not think they work with the VHSL (not sure). I remember a few years ago a kid from mountain mission wanted to play baseball at Grundy and the VHSL would not let him because MM was private. Supposedly in the same case if the two schools had been public then he would have gotten to play. His school didn't have a team. I hope they do have a team though. It is hard enough to find someone to play around here, getting a ready made "cross town" rival would be fun.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about Mountain Mission in Grundy that would be good, but they are a private school and I do not think they work with the VHSL (not sure). I remember a few years ago a kid from mountain mission wanted to play baseball at Grundy and the VHSL would not let him because MM was private. Supposedly in the same case if the two schools had been public then he would have gotten to play. His school didn't have a team. I hope they do have a team though. It is hard enough to find someone to play around here, getting a ready made "cross town" rival would be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be sick!...GHS vs MMS in a annual game..that'd be so sweet..

[ QUOTE ]

You get no points for playing private schools in VA. Scheduling them might not be a good Idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, a game against a private school in VA doesn't count towards the VHSL rating...so instead of basing your ratings average of of 10 games (if you have a 10 game schedule), you would base it off of nine games instead...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on what you mean "work with". They are not a member of the VHSL, but they can play VHSL teams if they follow VHSL rules in that game.

Yeah, a kid can't go to a private school and play for a public school, but he could play for another public school IF his public school doesn't offer that sport (Rocky Gap kids play football for Bland).

That would be interesting. I had to play against them in basketball in 1999, they usually have alot of good athletes over their.

If they do start a football team, like any school, it'll take a few years to get it right, but they would have the potential to be a quality team.

"(Rocky Gap kids play football for Bland)"

Actually, both Bland and Rocky Gap high schools play for the Bland County Bears. This is a different team than the old Bland Rockets or the old Rocky Gap Eagles. Bland and Rocky Gap never had individual football programs. Since the start of BC football in the early 90's, both schools were combined to play for the newly created Bears.

Neither, unless they have been a "Little League Coach" with at least FIVE (5) wins in The BUCK HAND ANN County Little League System. Don't you remember Slim? We were at one of Fat Boy's Cookouts and Olde Wave was telling everybody about how people like that guy at twin valley were getting to be head football coaches and asst coaches in BUCK HAND ANN CO.