Question for Bluefield fans?

Ryan4VT

[ QUOTE ]

Graham's official colors are Gray and Maroon. It's in the fight song. I think the cardinal and gold came about when coach came and everybody knows how much he liked the Redskins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way back in the day, I'm talking a long, long time ago, Graham's colors were black and orange and later changed to maroon and orange. And you are correct, they were later changed to gray and maroon, not sure when that was. Coach Carlock was the one that changed the colors to Cardinal Red and Gold...it happened the year he broke out the "G-Star".

BTW, does anyone on here actually remember seeing Graham play when they wore gray and maroon??? I do, but just barely.

I remember the old maroon and gray color scheme. I graduted RHS in 1969, when Richlands' colors were a lighter blue and white. Saltville Shakers colors were also maroon and gray, the same color scheme as Graham. If memory serves me, Graham had the big "Green Bay Packer G" on the helmets...I always thought that was a bad ass helmet!

[ QUOTE ]

I remember the old maroon and gray color scheme. I graduted RHS in 1969, when Richlands' colors were a lighter blue and white. Saltville Shakers colors were also maroon and gray, the same color scheme as Graham. If memory serves me, Graham had the big "Green Bay Packer G" on the helmets...I always thought that was a bad ass helmet!

[/ QUOTE ]I should have said RB Worthy Shakers...from Saltville. They had some pretty good teams back in the 60's too!

[ QUOTE ]

Did Coach Carlock take the Cardinal and Gold from the Redskins or the United States Marines?

[/ QUOTE ]

The skins were his team, I'll assume he took it from them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The traditional school colors are maroon and white but over the years a little blue and a touch of silver have been added but I believe the official colors are maroon and white.

[/ QUOTE ]

always stickin your nose SOMEWHERE...in the years past, the colors have changed, as you can see, sporadically. originally, the colors were Cardinal, and White. soon after the 3 stars with accents of blue on the sleeves were introduced, and most recently the cardinal has grown to a darker shade-maroon. but the original and TRUE beaver colors are Cardinal and White.

It's Cardinal, not maroon

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham is Cardinal Red...Bluefield is maroon...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The traditional school colors are maroon and white but over the years a little blue and a touch of silver have been added but I believe the official colors are maroon and white.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon.

and the blue was first introduced in the 60's. I think the '67 championship year Beaver had blue jerseys. This years blue matches the 60's blue. The Chmara blue of '04 is one of a kind.

also Beaver has worn tan colored pants in the 70s and 80s as well as the silver colored pants but i don't think they would be official team colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavers OFFICIAL colors are maroon and white......... i stand corrected

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon.

and the blue was first introduced in the 60's. I think the '67 championship year Beaver had blue jerseys. This years blue matches the 60's blue. The Chmara blue of '04 is one of a kind.

also Beaver has worn tan colored pants in the 70s and 80s as well as the silver colored pants but i don't think they would be official team colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

its always been maroon, i asked the local BHS historian. haha

He also said that there was a time when blue was a school color, as all the schools letterheads were blue instead of maroon...

but you cant tell from those pics of the football team cause they were black and white...

[/ QUOTE ]Offical school color is maroon but anyone who has sutied up for the beavs knows the color's worn is Cardinal

None of you know why BHS changed their colors as in the last few years, I do. It is because they dropped the sweet as sugar beaver. Portraying a beaver other than Cleaver, the sissy Beaver, jaws full of I don't even want to guess what to an aggressive Oregon Beaver. Look at the official Oregon website {I did} and you will see that a brown vicious beaver will not look good on a maroon jersey. Go figure.

[ QUOTE ]

None of you know why BHS changed their colors as in the last few years, I do. It is because they dropped the sweet as sugar beaver. Portraying a beaver other than Cleaver, the sissy Beaver, jaws full of I don't even want to guess what to an aggressive Oregon Beaver. Look at the official Oregon website {I did} and you will see that a brown vicious beaver will not look good on a maroon jersey. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were modeled after Oregon, then Bluefield would be Ducks. It is Oregon State that we received copyright permission to use their logo.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I have a great mental picture of the poster now.