Region D, Division 2 Playoffs

Tigers_07

[ QUOTE ]

#1-Lebanon (DC)

#2-Powell Valley

#3-Gate City

#4-Honaker(DC)

[/ QUOTE ] could honaker pass gate city in the ratings if honaker beats tazewell in their final game of the regualr season.

1. Lebanon 21.1 District Champ

2. Powell Valley 20.9

3. Gate City 20.0

4. Lee 18.9

5. Honaker 18.8 District Champ

6. Va. High 18.3

7. JJ Kelly 16.11

8. John Battle 12.11

Lebanon and Honaker are in...only 2 spots remaining.

* Powell Valley has all but locked up the 3rd spot and they will host Appy next week

* Gate City host J.I. Burton next week

* Lee High will host VA High who may have lost their shot at a playoff birth due to Friday nights lose to Marion, still play a BIG ROLE in who will recieve the 4th birth in the playoffs. After VA High, Lee must travel to Haysi.

* Lebanon is open next week but will play Northwood in 2 weeks at home

Looks like PV should be OK. Honaker and Lebanon won their District so they are good. So JIB could take down GC and knock them out of the #3 spot. Or you could just say GC is the only one in real jeopardy of getting knocked off!

Hard to believe...BUT! If VA High can beat LEE, VA HIGH will jump over LEE. Then if JIB beats GC and HAYSI beats LEE....Can VA HIGH get the #3 seed?

Could happen! It will be close...rider points will tell decide it all. TOO CLOSE TO CALL

yeah, it's a mess. First, Va High MUST beat Lee to have a chance, then they both could still knock GC & PV out, and Honaker could be the #1 seed. It'll be an interesting Fri. night, to say the least.<br><br>

I just posted my first <A HREF="/va/vhsl/CheatSheet.html">cheat sheet</A> - it'll be updated a lot the next couple of days.

[ QUOTE ]

i figure lebanon pretty well has the lock on 1 spot with the most likely win with northwood.the rest is really confusion .

[/ QUOTE ] if lebanon somehow loses to northwood, could honaker get the #1 seed. also how confusing is the playoff scenario.

oh yea i would think they would have a shot at 1 but chances of leb losing to northwood is slim to none.i dont think u can tell how the playoffs or exactly who will be there in the other 2 spots until last games are played .i think gc and pv have a shot at losing,especially gc.pv will probally win .lee still has va high and haysi.winnin both them will probally put them in.u will just have to ask somone that knows more than me lol.my head is spinning from tryin to figure .mighty tight

If Gate City and Powell Valley win this week it would be major points for both because of the extra points they will get from Burton and Appalachia. Gate City could get 34 points just by beating Burton,16 for the win and 18 for every win by Burton and Powell Valley could get 28 points just by beating Appy, 16 for the win and 12 for the wins by Appy! That could push both of them past Lebanon for that top seed? It's going to be next Saturday, Nov. 10th before we find out it's so close!

[ QUOTE ]

How is that possible. PV lost to Burton and Clintwood and both are in the LPD with PV. How in the hell can they jump from either #2 or #3 to #1 just like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not understand the VHSL points system too well.

Just for showing up, you get 4 points for each "A" of your opponent (so AAA = 12 pts.) + 1 rider point for each win they have.

If you win, you get 12 bonus points + 1 more rider point for each win they have.

Then divide the total # of points earned by the # of teams you play

And games vs. "non-public" schools (like Roanoke Cath. or GBC) don't count