New England vs. Indianapolis Colts

vthokies4life

[ QUOTE ]

NE will cruise in this one.

I had two friends that were dumb enough to bet me $20 each, straight up that Indy would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds are, you'll have a very nice dinner sometime next week. Statistically, Dallas is better than Indianapolis, and we all know how that turned out. For hoots, let's take a look at these stats:

Offense: NE-439.5 ypg (1st), Indy-398.9 ypg (3rd)

Scoring Offense: NE-41.4 ppg (1st), Indy-32.0 ppg (3rd)

Rushing: NE-135.8 ypg (8th), Indy-140.3 ypg (5th)

Passing: NE-303.8 ypg (1st), Indy-258.6 ypg (6th)

Analysis: Even on the offensive side of the ball, which has characteristically been the Colts' strength, the Patriots are better, with the exception of 4.5 yards per game rushing the football. Edge: Patriots

Defense: NE-268.5 ypg (3rd), Indy-272.9 ypg (4th)

Scoring D: NE-15.9 ppg (5th), Indy-14.6 ypg (2nd)

Rushing D: NE-87.0 ypg (5th), Indy-107.4 ypg (13th)

Passing D: NE-181.5 ypg (6th), Indy-165.4 ypg (2nd)

Analysis: Basically, New England has kept the yards down, while surrendering a few more points on average than Indianapolis. Indianapolis' run defense is still not up to snuff, but the passing defense is quite good. The Patriots are all-around solid as well. Edge: even

Final score prediction-

New England: 38

Indianapolis: 28

[ QUOTE ]

Anything can happen, but New England has one of the all-time best NFL teams, period. If they cannot go 16-0 no team ever will...

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd wonder if they'd put in the backups when they clinch the playoffs but if they have the chance to go 16-0 i think they should

I'm going to go ahead and say that the Pats will put up about 41 points on the Colts. The Patriots are absolutely relentless this year. And you know why? Because Bellichick has to prove to the world that he didn't cheat to get those three super bowl rings. He also has the players to do it this year. Brady hasn't ever played better in his life. Randy Moss hasn't ever played better in his life. Mike Vrabel, hahaha, hasn't ever played better in his life. When you have maximum contribution coming from the best skilled players, you have a good situation on your hands.

The other disclaimer, the Pats will go undefeated this season for those very reasons. Has to prove that he didn't cheat, that he was that good of a coach and his players worked that hard.

how is that suspicious?? the Patriots have had some reallllll obvious penalty..the only one that i have seen that shouldnt have been called was that last pass interference call on Moss..thats it

There's absolutely no doubt that those two teams are the two best in the National Football League right now, much less the AFC. Indianapolis is a fantastic team, but New England did what great teams, and champions, do: they found a way to win, regardless of the circumstances.

Incredible game...the best professional game I've seen this year.