Region D Champioship

Tigers_07

Powell Valley beats Honaker....Honaker is too one-dimensional and PV has too much speed on offense.

Lebanon and Gate City will be a great match-up. You can forget about the lopsided game early in the season because Gate City is much improved. However, Gate City's win over Burton may give them "false hope" because the Burton team that was on the field Friday night would have had trouble obtaining 5 wins all season. I'm going with Lebanon 28-21.

Powell Valley will win Region D D2 because they are experienced on the turf and will use it to their advantage.

I think Giles will be making a trip to Bullitt Park in a couple weeks. Giles beat PV down last year, and have a great shot to do it again this year. But, beating PV on the road, and beating them at Bullitt park is 2 different things. Plus, PV is playing as well as they have in a couple years. I think it'll be a good game if it comes to that.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Giles will be making a trip to Bullitt Park in a couple weeks. Giles beat PV down last year, and have a great shot to do it again this year. But, beating PV on the road, and beating them at Bullitt park is 2 different things. Plus, PV is playing as well as they have in a couple years. I think it'll be a good game if it comes to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the teams in region D have agreed for 2 years to play the region D championships and the State Semi-finals at UVA-Wise. I was told that say Lebanon won the Region the Semi-final game would be played at UVA-Wise? Anyone know for sure?

[ QUOTE ]

Giles is also having some injuries pop up on them. I think a PV-Giles matchup would be a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Giles is the same Giles Lebanon faced up at Pairsburg, no body in region d can handle them. Giles will beat who ever they play down here, by 3 or more touchdowns!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How good is giles?

[/ QUOTE ]

They beat Lebanon 49-21 back in October...

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are the same Giles that beat Lebanon 49-21, the Region D Champion, whoever it is will find out how good they are. Lets hope that we are blowing them up so much, that somebody in region C beats 'em before that get the chance to come down here. IMO they will win the Region C and whip whoever the Region D champion is by 3 or more touchdowns, I lean towards the more!