castlewood@hurley

romeo37

poor guy, is his foot okay? i know one thing, the kicking team for the devils must really be on thier 'toes' to be prepared for that kick when they thought it was going down field...

personally I don't think the glass comments are very amuzing... it's not Hurley's fault they always get the shiit end of the stick... you can say what you want, but if that was the case across the mountain then you can bet your arse they would have the field turf that they've been yearning for for 10 years...

It sure makes me mad also, Twin Valley always gets everything and if they do not, it goes to Council. Looks like the Hurley Mafia that has ran the school system far 3 decades would not allow this to happen.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That is why they were on side kicking for, you stand on your toes for three quarters and see if you can kick the ball more than 10 yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Olewave is about right but my guess is the Devils didn't want to kick their footballs into the rocks and glass

[/ QUOTE ]

All that glass wasnt hauled in there Fatboy,It's been there for years ....Cap Smith and Richard Williams use to throw pop bottles at us during practice back in the 70's...

[ QUOTE ]

Are ya jealous that the low-life people from Hurley are over there running the show and not you....Go back to school then

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that Olewave never went to school. He was found wrapped in Stubby Currence articles out of the Bluefield Daily Smellograph at Cotton's Drive Inn and was adopted by a pack of wolves. Old Hairy (as the wolves referred to him) roamed the streets of Bluefield taking his meals from garbage cans (which was later the motivation for Brian Setzer on his hit album). He never learned to read or talk but was able to use his pawfoot to manuever a keyboard. Instead of talking trash about Olewave, we should all be proud of what the he-beast has become. Three howls to Olewave!!!

you had the idea jackass, i just clarified your statement and sent one of the fabulous 'four' kickers to EMORY instead of just VMI and VT, oh yeah apparantly I let you keep the best one. Hmmmmm I wonder how you know for a fact it wasn't called from the sidelines. I'm being facetious if you don't get it because I know who you are.

I dont have a stake in this fire, except every time I look at the main index there is some lame post about Castlewood and Hurley, so I read them. Seems to me Rebs that maybe you all are a little aggravated about a pitiful season and just venting with Cwood. Weren't you all blown out on several Friday nights this year???? Anyway, who cares now? Neither of you made it to the playoffs!

I agree that Hurley seems to get the wrong end of the stick.

I hope we see those digits in the future because if anyone deserves it ....it would be this small team that has no sponsorship and has to do everything with what little equipment they have and with such a small group that when you call defense or offense one player runs onto the field, whereas other teams calls these a whole new fresh lineup comes out. These boys have to train hard just to be in shape to play the whole game without any breaks.....yea the Rebels do deserve what the rest of the schools have already had for years. What gets me is these big fellows that have made money in this county from mining coal turns around and moves to Bristol or Abingdon and other places and gives thousands to schools out Bristol and Abingdon and to colleges. Why is it they won't give to the children of Buchanan county and when we do get a donation it is not evenly distributed throughout the school system. That's were one man's heart (I won't say any names) was when he made this donation. His heart was with the Rebels were he began. Once a Rebel always a Rebel. He knew that somehow the Rebels always come up short.....he was a smart man....and was very observant. People and things just don't add up to me. Yea.....I'm finshed.

does hurley have a lot of kids that wont come out to play football or do they have pretty much all that can play?i know honaker could have a lot more nunbers than they do if the kids would come out that could play and be good football players.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley could have a lot more come out. My Soph year we went to the playoffs with 14 players. If no one would have quit after a day or two of practice that year we would have had anywhere from 25-30 boys, Remember that year Rebs, you was there and know how kids in the school just wouldnt come out and stay. But thats how the ball bounces.

there are some good size youngins in the school at Hurley but for some reason do not participate in the wonderful game of football. if we could have gotten 4 or 5 of these individuals to come out to play then we would have been alright.