BCS

Bogeavers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

I will be there, Mountaineer Maniac section, first row 50 yard line.

If West Virginia's logo on the sides of their helmets were different (like a VT), the talking heads and message boards would be talking about how powerful and deserving that team was.

Name a team that has done a better job with their schedule than West Virginia.

LSU...closest to being "worthy". Tough conference and only two losses come in two triple overtimes. But, watching them, I don't come away with the impression they are any stronger than WV. In fact, I think WV is stronger but not by a lot.

USC... give me a break. Lose to Stanford? (case closed) It would be like us losing to Marshall and bitching that WV is playing better now and are, now, the best team in the country.

Georgia... See LSU but their losses were more convincing than LSU's.

OK... Sure they put up some impressive offensive numbers against nobody. Anytime they played a team with a pulse they were in a fight for their life and lost two of those.

Missouri... Deserves to be where they are. I look for Missouri to win the Big 12 championship game if they are not spent from their game with KU.

OSU... Big 10 THE most overrated conference year in and year out in the country and played Akron, Youngstown St., and Kent State to amass their victories. Lost at HOME to a decent Illinois team late in the year knowing what was at stake. WV would give OSU all they could handle and would come out with their first national championship.

VPI... All I'm going to say is ACC. The ACC's claim to fame is they have the second best BB conference in the country and that is even becoming increasingly questionable. Plus, the Hokies were absolutely embarrassed on national TV early in the year by a good LSU team. VT was the media darling and the media would have bent over backwards to put them in the big show, but the ramifications of such a beatdown are to severe in this multimedia climate.

Who has taken care of business and done it more impressively than WVU? No one. I think the #1 and #2 teams are exactly correct and you could switch them and I'd have no problem. WVU's non-conference schedule was much more ambitious than OSU's. Conference championship games shouldn't be equated into WVU's strengths or weaknesses because the teams in the Big East play every other team in the conference--unlike the ACC, SEC, or Big 12.

People need to think of the entire 12 game season as a playoff; this year--its two and you're out. Word.

[ QUOTE ]

If West Virginia's logo on the sides of their helmets were different (like a VT), the talking heads and message boards would be talking about how powerful and deserving that team was.

Name a team that has done a better job with their schedule than West Virginia.

LSU...closest to being "worthy". Tough conference and only two losses come in two triple overtimes. But, watching them, I don't come away with the impression they are any stronger than WV. In fact, I think WV is stronger but not by a lot.

USC... give me a break. Lose to Stanford? (case closed) It would be like us losing to Marshall and bitching that WV is playing better now and are, now, the best team in the country.

Georgia... See LSU but their losses were more convincing than LSU's.

OK... Sure they put up some impressive offensive numbers against nobody. Anytime they played a team with a pulse they were in a fight for their life and lost two of those.

Missouri... Deserves to be where they are. I look for Missouri to win the Big 12 championship game if they are not spent from their game with KU.

OSU... Big 10 THE most overrated conference year in and year out in the country and played Akron, Youngstown St., and Kent State to amass their victories. Lost at HOME to a decent Illinois team late in the year knowing what was at stake. WV would give OSU all they could handle and would come out with their first national championship.

VPI... All I'm going to say is ACC. The ACC's claim to fame is they have the second best BB conference in the country and that is even becoming increasingly questionable. Plus, the Hokies were absolutely embarrassed on national TV early in the year by a good LSU team. VT was the media darling and the media would have bent over backwards to put them in the big show, but the ramifications of such a beatdown are to severe in this multimedia climate.

Who has taken care of business and done it more impressively than WVU? No one. I think the #1 and #2 teams are exactly correct and you could switch them and I'd have no problem. WVU's non-conference schedule was much more ambitious than OSU's. Conference championship games shouldn't be equated into WVU's strengths or weaknesses because the teams in the Big East play every other team in the conference--unlike the ACC, SEC, or Big 12.

People need to think of the entire 12 game season as a playoff; this year--its two and you're out. Word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your analysis on most of those teams. But I question where you get derive that WVU is the most "worthy" team in the country, along with Missouri. I commend both teams for losing their only game early in the season. What you call "worthy" I truly like to call luck.

I do not see how you can bash the ACC so much and talk up the Big East. If you look at the ACC Championship game that will be played this weekend, it is being played by 2 of the 3 teams that owned the Big East almost year in and year out when they were apart of that conference. Mind you, that until this past Saturday, UConn was TIED for FIRST PLACE in the almighty Big East Conference. I am not claiming that the ACC is a strong football conference (as it is absurd to say they are not the best basketball conference) as much as I am proclaiming that the Big East is right at the bottom of conference rankings right behind the ACC. There are at least 4 teams in the the ACC that could do exactly what WVU did in the Big East this year.

BTW, just a little food for thought... If Virginia Tech had chosen not to play LSU at the beginning of the season and added another "cupcake" to their schedule, then they would be right in WVU's position and WVU would probably be watching the National Championship from home. ;-)

[ QUOTE ]

I do not see how you can bash the ACC so much and talk up the Big East. If you look at the ACC Championship game that will be played this weekend, it is being played by 2 of the 3 teams that owned the Big East almost year in and year out when they were apart of that conference. Mind you, that until this past Saturday, UConn was TIED for FIRST PLACE in the almighty Big East Conference. I am not claiming that the ACC is a strong football conference (as it is absurd to say they are not the best basketball conference) as much as I am proclaiming that the Big East is right at the bottom of conference rankings right behind the ACC. There are at least 4 teams in the the ACC that could do exactly what WVU did in the Big East this year.

BTW, just a little food for thought... If Virginia Tech had chosen not to play LSU at the beginning of the season and added another "cupcake" to their schedule, then they would be right in WVU's position and WVU would probably be watching the National Championship from home. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely spot on, my friend. On both statements.

If frank was not scared to play VT than Vt would be on WVU schedule we can't help it you dropped us...we did pick up auburn and colorado for non conference next year so we hope that makes you happy along with Marshall and East Carolina.

That will be a good schedule...Don't be jealous VT you should have taken care of your business and you would not be talking right now...BC is one of the slowest teams in the nation...you guys will beat them by 3 tchdowns this weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your analysis on most of those teams. But I question where you get derive that WVU is the most "worthy" team in the country, along with Missouri. I commend both teams for losing their only game early in the season. What you call "worthy" I truly like to call luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said. I know for a fact that OSU could have done what WVU did in the Big East. They lost to Illinois, who I beleive is a better team than South Florida. Illinois lost 3 games just like USF...however Illinois' losses came from #1Missouri, Michigan, and Iowa. USF lost to UCONN, Cincy, and Rutgers. Just because OSU lost later in the season, they are now out of the NC...which I think proves the BCS needs some work.

Also, Im still laughing about the ACC basketball comment.

[ QUOTE ]

If frank was not scared to play VT than Vt would be on WVU schedule we can't help it you dropped us...we did pick up auburn and colorado for non conference next year so we hope that makes you happy along with Marshall and East Carolina.

That will be a good schedule...Don't be jealous VT you should have taken care of your business and you would not be talking right now...BC is one of the slowest teams in the nation...you guys will beat them by 3 tchdowns this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was your governor that had more to do with the series being dropped then the head coaches at either school by putting the Marshall - WVU series together!! Maybe if the WVU fans would act a little better in the stadium to visiting fans and Tony Caridi wasn't an instigator and an a$$ on his radio show, maybe the series would have continued.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was your governor that had more to do with the series being dropped then the head coaches at either school by putting the Marshall - WVU series together!! Maybe if the WVU fans would act a little better in the stadium to visiting fans and Tony Caridi wasn't an instigator and an a$$ on his radio show, maybe the series would have continued.

[/ QUOTE ]

This time you beat me to it!

[ QUOTE ]

win an in for wvu long time a coming last chance for out right was 88, played for share in 93, 2008 Looking mighty fine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I got a copy of that 93' Sugar Bowl on tape. *Snicker*

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know much than...Frank Beamer ended that series and he admited too it, know your facts...

Please find me the quote where Beamer, stated he cancelled the series. I have heard Jim Weaver say many times that the series was not workable until after 2010 because of both schools having scheduling conflicts.

Sadly when it comes to scheduling, both schools are victims of their own success. The more competitive your program, the less likely you will get some schools to schedule home and home series. I hope both will continue to play the LSUs and Auburns of the world.

[ QUOTE ]

Please find me the quote where Beamer, stated he cancelled the series. I have heard Jim Weaver say many times that the series was not workable until after 2010 because of both schools having scheduling conflicts.

Sadly when it comes to scheduling, both schools are victims of their own success. The more competitive your program, the less likely you will get some schools to schedule home and home series. I hope both will continue to play the LSUs and Auburns of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has no proof...aside from JJBrickface most of the WVU fans talk out of their rears. They make alot of bold statements but never have any proof to back them up.

[ QUOTE ]

have fun at the Orange Bowl while wvu is off winning the National Championship! ha ha

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope WVU can find a way to squeak out a win vs. Pitt! It should be a great test for the BCS champs..

very wise no not counting my chickens, I realize what is at stake during the pitt game and they will play hard 100th anniverary of the backyard brawl...but wvu hopefully will win if not I will be flying to the orange bowl i guess