BCS

Bogeavers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just imagine this board if West Virginia were to lose to Pitt and Virginia Tech won the ACC Championship. That could possibly set up an Orange Bowl for the ages. This message board would be on fire. Doubt very seriously that it will happen, but just a thought...

[ QUOTE ]

Still no proof that Beamer said that, eh? Just what I thought, you didn't know what you were talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

your right i know nothing about the game of football or the series against Virginia Tech, what can I say I am an am dumb wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just imagine this board if West Virginia were to lose to Pitt and Virginia Tech won the ACC Championship. That could possibly set up an Orange Bowl for the ages. This message board would be on fire. Doubt very seriously that it will happen, but just a thought...

[/ QUOTE ]

the boards would blow up

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your analysis on most of those teams. But I question where you get derive that WVU is the most "worthy" team in the country, along with Missouri. I commend both teams for losing their only game early in the season. What you call "worthy" I truly like to call luck.

I do not see how you can bash the ACC so much and talk up the Big East. If you look at the ACC Championship game that will be played this weekend, it is being played by 2 of the 3 teams that owned the Big East almost year in and year out when they were apart of that conference. Mind you, that until this past Saturday, UConn was TIED for FIRST PLACE in the almighty Big East Conference. I am not claiming that the ACC is a strong football conference (as it is absurd to say they are not the best basketball conference) as much as I am proclaiming that the Big East is right at the bottom of conference rankings right behind the ACC. There are at least 4 teams in the the ACC that could do exactly what WVU did in the Big East this year.

BTW, just a little food for thought... If Virginia Tech had chosen not to play LSU at the beginning of the season and added another "cupcake" to their schedule, then they would be right in WVU's position and WVU would probably be watching the National Championship from home. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I am freakin tired of all this bull. You all lost two games, we lost one. We are #2, you are #6. Yall let a 10-0 lead turn into a loss in the last 3 minutes of a game. You play in the ACC. They have been horrible this year. We destroyed our opponent in our "conference title game". You barely beat a Virginia team that was beat by Wyoming. The fact that a team that was beat by Wyoming shows us all how strong the ACC is this year. Yall have proven nothing to me. You have a defense...and a very, very mediocre offense.

Yall can stop the crap talking and stop whining. The excuses to why you are not in the national hunt are all piss poor excuses. Shut up and have fun trying to stop Matt Ryan again with that all might defense of yours.

COME ON NOW MAN...LETS KEEP IT CLEAN..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your analysis on most of those teams. But I question where you get derive that WVU is the most "worthy" team in the country, along with Missouri. I commend both teams for losing their only game early in the season. What you call "worthy" I truly like to call luck.

I do not see how you can bash the ACC so much and talk up the Big East. If you look at the ACC Championship game that will be played this weekend, it is being played by 2 of the 3 teams that owned the Big East almost year in and year out when they were apart of that conference. Mind you, that until this past Saturday, UConn was TIED for FIRST PLACE in the almighty Big East Conference. I am not claiming that the ACC is a strong football conference (as it is absurd to say they are not the best basketball conference) as much as I am proclaiming that the Big East is right at the bottom of conference rankings right behind the ACC. There are at least 4 teams in the the ACC that could do exactly what WVU did in the Big East this year.

BTW, just a little food for thought... If Virginia Tech had chosen not to play LSU at the beginning of the season and added another "cupcake" to their schedule, then they would be right in WVU's position and WVU would probably be watching the National Championship from home. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I am freakin tired of all this bull. You all lost two games, we lost one. We are #2, you are #6. Yall let a 10-0 lead turn into a loss in the last 3 minutes of a game. You play in the ACC. They have been horrible this year. We destroyed our opponent in our "conference title game". You barely beat a Virginia team that was beat by Montana. The fact that a team that was beat by Montana shows us all how strong the ACC is this year. Yall have proven nothing to me. You have a defense...and a very, very mediocre offense.

Yall can stop the crap talking and stop whining. The excuses to why you are not in the national hunt are all piss poor excuses. Shut up and have fun trying to stop Matt Ryan again with that all might defense of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

If you will settle down and read the post I ADMIT THE ACC IS NOT STRONG IN FOOTBALL. You give absolutely no factual and/or statistical evidence that proves the Big East a good conference.

I am in no way saying that Virginia Tech should be playing in the BCS Championship game. We got beat by a great LSU team and, yes, we blew it vs. Boston College. WVU got BEAT every way but the right way by a MEDIOCRE South Florida team who hasn't had a football program for a decade. Congratulations on beating UConn who was D1-AA until about 5 years ago, that was a real statement win in your "conference championship". When Rutgirls and Loserville are headlining a conference then it is trouble.

Please find in my previous post(s) where I have said that Virginia Tech could/should/will win a national title.

Read this over one more time: There are 4 teams in the ACC, yes I said that THERE ARE 4 TEAMS IN THE ACC, that could do exactly what WVU did and run the the table or go undefeated in the Big LEast.

Face it, THE BIG EAST IS THE WORST BCS CONFERENCE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

When WVU finally gets that National Chamionship this year, that they have "deserved" for the past 3 years, then maybe they will write Thank You letters to almost every team that gave it to them.

I'll be anxiously awaiting a response. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I am freakin tired of all this bullsh*t. You all lost two games, we lost one. We are #2, you are #6. Yall let a 10-0 lead turn into a loss in the last 3 minutes of a game. You play in the ACC. They have been horrible this year. We destroyed our opponent in our "conference title game". You barely beat a Virginia team that was beat by Montana. The fact that a team that was beat by Montana shows us all how strong the ACC is this year. Yall have proven nothing to me. You have a defense...and a very, very mediocre offense.

Yall can stop the crap talking and stop whining. The excuses to why you are not in the national hunt are all piss poor excuses. Shut the hell up and have fun trying to stop Matt Ryan again with that all might defense of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

If you will settle down and read the post I ADMIT THE ACC IS NOT STRONG IN FOOTBALL. You give absolutely no factual and/or statistical evidence that proves the Big East a good conference.

I am in no way saying that Virginia Tech should be playing in the BCS Championship game. We got beat by a great LSU team and, yes, we blew it vs. Boston College. WVU got BEAT every way but the right way by a MEDIOCRE South Florida team who hasn't had a football program for a decade. Congratulations on beating UConn who was D1-AA until about 5 years ago, that was a real statement win in your "conference championship". When Rutgirls and Loserville are headlining a conference then it is trouble.

Please find in my previous post(s) where I have said that Virginia Tech could/should/will win a national title.

Read this over one more time: There are 4 teams in the ACC, yes I said that THERE ARE 4 TEAMS IN THE ACC, that could do exactly what WVU did and run the the table or go undefeated in the Big LEast.

When WVU finally gets that National Chamionship this year, that they have "deserved" for the past 3 years, then maybe they will write Thank You letters to almost every team that gave it to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't just talking to you.

Yea, we beat who we were supposed to. In the USF game we played horrible and the big thing in that game was that we lost Pat White. The Big East is in no way involved in what I am saying. I am saying that WVU, if they played as they did Saturday, would stomp any team in the ACC's ass. We deserve to be where we are and I am tired of people trying to make reasons why we shouldn't be here. It isn't my fault that OSU had to lose so late in the season or yall fell apart against BC. I don't care what in the hell UCONN was 5 years ago. I am pretty damn sure that most college football players are gone in 4 years. I am talking about right now. The fact is WVU is #2 in the nation and with a win Saturday is on their way to a national championship.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. I am freakin tired of all this bullsh*t. You all lost two games, we lost one. We are #2, you are #6. Yall let a 10-0 lead turn into a loss in the last 3 minutes of a game. You play in the ACC. They have been horrible this year. We destroyed our opponent in our "conference title game". You barely beat a Virginia team that was beat by Montana. The fact that a team that was beat by Montana shows us all how strong the ACC is this year. Yall have proven nothing to me. You have a defense...and a very, very mediocre offense.

Yall can stop the crap talking and stop whining. The excuses to why you are not in the national hunt are all piss poor excuses. Shut the hell up and have fun trying to stop Matt Ryan again with that all might defense of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, we beat who we were supposed to. In the USF game we played horrible and the big thing in that game was that we lost Pat White. The Big East is in no way involved in what I am saying. I am saying that WVU, if they played as they did Saturday, would stomp any team in the ACC's ass. We deserve to be where we are and I am tired of people trying to make reasons why we shouldn't be here. It isn't my fault that OSU had to lose so late in the season or yall fell apart against BC. I don't care what in the hell UCONN was 5 years ago. I am pretty damn sure that most college football players are gone in 4 years. I am talking about right now. The fact is WVU is #2 in the nation and with a win Saturday is on their way to a national championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some very strong points...But you never back any of them up with any sort of proof. Yeah, WVU would stomp any one in the "ACC's ass". I didnt even know the ACC had an ass. I assume by ass, you mean the ass end of the conference...which would be Duke, UNC, NC state, and Miami. Yeah, WVU could probably stomp all of those teams...and just like their wins in the Big east it still wouldnt prove anything except that WVU is campable of beating medicore teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some very strong points...But you never back any of them up with any sort of proof. Yeah, WVU would stomp any one in the "ACC's ass". I didnt even know the ACC had an ass. I assume by ass, you mean the ass end of the conference...which would be Duke, UNC, NC state, and Miami. Yeah, WVU could probably stomp all of those teams...and just like their wins in the Big east it still wouldnt prove anything except that WVU is campable of beating medicore teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

U forgot to add VT to that ass whooping being givin out . . . look until u beat a decent team dont get on here and say anything . . . i love ppl like u who believe the sec championship should be the nc and we'll end it there . . .

Oy vey!

Both Virginia Tech and West Virginia have played "good" teams in a "good" schedule.

Virginia Tech had six wins against teams with .500 or better records: East Carolina, Ohio, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Virginia. Clemson and Virginia are currently ranked. Georgia Tech and Florida State have been ranked during the course of the season. To bring an impressive statistic: Virginia Tech has the 12th-hardest schedule in the nation, with the overall opponents' record standing at 68-48. Not to mention that the Hokies' only two losses have indeed come against second-ranked teams. Now, I will stop supporting a Virginia Tech football argument before I throw up.

West Virginia hasn't had a cupcake schedule, either. The Mountaineers have also beaten six teams at .500 or better: Maryland, East Carolina, Mississippi State, Rutgers, Cincinnati, and Connecticut. Cincinnati is currently ranked, while Rutgers and Connecticut have been ranked at some point. Likewise, West Virginia's strength of schedule is not nearly as high as Virginia Tech's.

In the end, Virginia Tech has played a slightly more quality schedule. The Mountaineers have one loss to a good team, while Virginia Tech has two losses to excellent teams.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Please find me the quote where Beamer, stated he cancelled the series. I have heard Jim Weaver say many times that the series was not workable until after 2010 because of both schools having scheduling conflicts.

Sadly when it comes to scheduling, both schools are victims of their own success. The more competitive your program, the less likely you will get some schools to schedule home and home series. I hope both will continue to play the LSUs and Auburns of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has no proof...aside from JJBrickface most of the WVU fans talk out of their rears. They make alot of bold statements but never have any proof to back them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the love!! haha But as far as the rest of the season goes...My fellow WVU fans, be humble, we haven't made it to New Orleans yet. If we can get by Pitt and then win the Natl Champ, talk all you want. This has been a really interesting season. Its nto how you start but how you finish and I like that. LSU isn't the same team that they were in the beginning of the season, neither is WVU or VT. I love that two teams like WVU and VT can get better as a team as the season goes on. Thats another reason why I think the rankings are pretty fair from what I see right now.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U forgot to add VT to that ass whooping being givin out . . . look until u beat a decent team dont get on here and say anything . . . i love ppl like u who believe the sec championship should be the nc and we'll end it there . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind to share what decent wins you think WVU has had this year?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contraire, mon frere:

WVU lost to South Florida because, yes Pat White went out with an injury, but most importantly because the fast defense of USF did an excellent job in stopping the run and limited their rushing yards. That is why they only scored 13 points and lost.

The UConn game is another story. WVU did put up alot of points because UConn offense could not establish a drive. When a team cannot hold onto the football then that severely affects the defense on the field and gives the other team more than ample opportunities to score. They passed for an average of 3.4 yards a play and rushed for a 2.9 yard average. That kind of offense will not beat any team. Say what you will about the West Virginia defense but the truth is it is a mediocre defense that has vastly improved, but is truly overrated. This is not a plea that UConn is not a good team or to take anything away from WVU but anyone could beat UConn that badly if they played that poorly.

The fact is WVU lost at the best possible time they could this season and are reaping the benefits of other teams mistakes in a majorly flawed BCS system. It is not fair at all for teams such as LSU, Arkansas, Oklahoma, USC, Kansas, Arizona State, Florida, or any other team that is forced to go through the gauntlet during conference play and with one loss (or in the case of this year 2 losses) see their hopes of a National Championship go down the drain. For teams such as West Virginia, Michigan, Ohio State, and yes, even Virginia Tech that play in a weak conference if they are truly the best team in the country then they should be more than able to win a playoff for the national title. This year is the perfect case for a playoff system and the losses that all of these more than quality teams prove it.

If WVU wins the BCS then they really need to realize that it finally went their way this year and be thankful that it did. A playoff every year would give West Virginia that they are contender (or not) every year.

Central Michigan? Troy? Central Florida?

No "directional" Michigan team should ever have a shot at the Title especially Central Michigan this year...they lost to Kansas by 45, Clemson put 70 on them, and for Christ's sake, they lost to North Dakota St.!!!

Troy...well, you have to give them some credit...they aren't afraid of the "Big Boys"...although when they play the "Big Boys", the results are usually pretty ugly. But hey, they did beat Okie St. this year...if that counts for anything.

And Central Florida??? Conference USA was rated the weakest major conference from top to bottom this year. C-USA had the worst non-conference record of any conference this season. Need I say more???

THAT bracket/playoff format is a joke...PERIOD...