THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA HAS JUST BEEN PLACED ON A SUICIDE WARNING!!!

GMan

I think it will be Ohio State and LSU. I can't see the poll voters putting Georgia or Kansas moving up because neither played for their conference championship. LSU would jump VT because they beat VT this year

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia shouldnt be anywhere close to the national championship. they didnt even play for their own conference so how can they even begin to be considered? It should be USC-LSU. I say that because OSU is ridiculous and doesnt deserve to be embarassed again like they were last year and two, because SEC and PAC are the best confereneced in college, so why not have the winner represent in the NC?

The only team to beat the #2 curse was LSU (even though they did lose twice as #1). LSU will jump everyone even though I still believe USC is the strongest team right now by far.

[ QUOTE ]

I think it will be Ohio State and LSU. I can't see the poll voters putting Georgia or Kansas moving up because neither played for their conference championship. LSU would jump VT because they beat VT this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, but LSU lost to (at the time) Kentucky who was 17th and Arkansas who wasn't ranked while Tech lost to two number 2's.

But as of now, Tech isn't even being talked about. We'll see.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, but LSU lost to (at the time) Kentucky who was 17th and Arkansas who wasn't ranked while Tech lost to two number 2's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been a crazy year so we shall see! The computer nerds are going to be up most of the night to try and figure this one out.

I am just happy WVU lost!! hahahahaha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] LSU deserves to be in the NC...they lost 2 games in OT (total of 6 ot's to be exact) and they won the SEC championship, the toughest conference in football.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Firpo knocks Dempsey out of the ring!!!

Does this season make any sense at all? Pittsburgh, hampered by absolutely putrid officiating, has just walloped the Mountaineers.

In other news, Virginia Tech's loss to Boston College (knocking the Hokies out of title contention) was bad, but this is five times as bad. All the Mountaineers had to do was beat a 4-7 Pittsburgh team that they were favored by four touchdowns over! Choke job for the AGES.

Since West Virginia fans love the transitive property so, so much, here's a couple new examples:

1. Virginia beat Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh beat West Virginia. Therefore, Virginia is better than West Virginia.

2. Virginia Tech beat Virginia. Virginia beat Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh beat West Virginia. Therefore, Virginia Tech is better than West Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA...great, I love it!

You WVU fans better hurry up and cancel those reservations at the Ramada Inn in New Orleans...you might still be able to get a refund wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]don't cancel them you can give them to me so i can go see my team ohio state play... haha today was a good day

Guest BEAVERTAIL

LSU lost to unranked Arkansas. They dont deserve a shot, Sorry, thats just how it is. I picked LSU to win it all at the beginning of the season but they are not as good as advertised. they did not impress me today either.

Georgia is on fire. They are clicking right now and i guarantee that LSU did not want to face them. They have won 6 straight games including ones over Florida Kentucky and i believe Auburn. Not to mention a decent GT team.

OSU is the team that deserves nothing. They play IAA Youngstown state (7-4), and not to mention Akron and Kent state. They also play Washington, a 4-8 team whose record actually makes them look better than they really are. OSUs biggest win came against a team that also lost to a IAA team. And most importantly, they did not play in a conference championship, which i believe they should. Lets not forget how unranked illinios came into town and beat OSU at home, in the next to last game of OSUs reg. season.

UGA and VT both are on hot streaks, have beaten opponents, top 25 opponents, and all by double digits. Right now, they are the best 2 teams in the country with USC #3.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

just saw that...

however, anything can happen and quick with hawaii. I believe they are flat after the win last week.

VT is legit, but not Georgia. They didnt even play for their conference championship. Idc what kind of roll they are one, they didnt get to their own conference champ. game, so why the nc?

i say right now its a toss up between VT, LSU and USC to face Ohio State. LSU annihilated VT early this year, and are still, what i consider, to be the best team in the country when theyre clicking (also I can throw in USC to that statement). LSU didnt do all too well today against Tennessee, but they won, and that was without their starting QB. Also, Oklahoma can be considered. Winning Big-12 and doing it big against the #1..it could happen. Who knows. The BCS is chaotic right now.

well Ohio State can't help they ended up w/ an easy schedule this year...and illinois played a perfect game to win there and they had one bad game just like wvu had a bad game today and well every team this year had a bad game it happens but it doesn't mean they can't beat any team in the country (which is why we should go to playoff but we won't go there)... but back to the schedule almost every team in the country plays teams like that.. and before the season started you'd look at the rest of there schedule and it looked rough penn state and michigan both away games, wisconsin too they were all ranked at the beginning of the season, but turned out those teams weren't what they were supposed to be, and if you say osu schedules cream puff teams... they start a series w/ usc next year, Cal in '11 and '12 and yes VT in 2014 and 2015, oh yea and the last two years they played texas at the beginning of the season too...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

But you can be a computer nerd yourself!

http://www.colleyrankings.com/playgod.html

Put in the results from the top games today. What you see may surprise you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very suprising indeed...

1. LSU

2. Virginia Tech

3. OSU

4. Georgia

[/ QUOTE ]

the human polls won't let that happen they don't want a rematch of the tech-lsu game

Guest BEAVERTAIL

if tennessee wasnt the luckiest team in the country along with UVA, UGA would have been in a showdown with LSU, and they would have won. heck Tennessee should have won today.

LSU is overhyped. they have struggles the whole second half of the season. Ole miss was hanging with them for a long time.

[ QUOTE ]

well Ohio State can't help they ended up w/ an easy schedule this year...and illinois played a perfect game to win there and they had one bad game just like wvu had a bad game today and well every team this year had a bad game it happens but it doesn't mean they can't beat any team in the country (which is why we should go to playoff but we won't go there)... but back to the schedule almost every team in the country plays teams like that.. and before the season started you'd look at the rest of there schedule and it looked rough penn state and michigan both away games, wisconsin too they were all ranked at the beginning of the season, but turned out those teams weren't what they were supposed to be, and if you say osu schedules cream puff teams... they start a series w/ usc next year, Cal in '11 and '12 and yes VT in 2014 and 2015, oh yea and the last two years they played texas at the beginning of the season too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see where you are coming from...however, this is neither the begining of the season nor next season...This is the end of this season. OSU played no one...and they also got beat by Illinois.

[ QUOTE ]

This could possibly be the greatest (sports) day of my life:

1) Richlands beats Brookeville in the State-semis

2) Virginia Tech beats Boston College for the ACC championship

3) Tennessee gets beat by LSU in the SEC championship (I like this one for personal reasons)

4) West Virginia gets beat by Pittsburg (I like this one beacause of all the crap the WVU fans talked all last week)

Could it get any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may want to take back #3, because if LSU ends up ahead of VT in the polls, then I will be wishing that UT beat LSU today.

Tennessee hasnt been all too lucky. Sure, they have pulled out some close ones, but they have played tough too. Georiga is streaking right now, and theyre a good team, but did they play in the SEC championship? No.

LSU last year too was doing great at the end of the season but they didnt get in the NC after Florida won the SEC. we all know how that one ended. the two best teams in the country were SEC teams, as it is this year. LSU should be in the national championship game over georgia, it's simple.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not talking about years past. Im not talking about the future. Im talking about right now.

ohio st has the 67th SOS according to GBE, and 43rd according to CBS. Neither rankings are impressive.