Holiday Tourney

Bogeavers

anyone know if princeton is that bad or is james monroe that good? It could be either i guess because i believe those two played a close one in the holiday tourney last year, not sure though. But just judging by the score, things might get really ugly for Princeton tomorrow night

james monroe has struggled early this season with losses to greenbrier east, narrows and if i'm not mistaken i think giles even beat em.. but they were also in the state football title game so that may have been the reason for a couple of those losses..maybe princeton was lookin ahead to bluefield or maybe they're just not any good like their 1-9 football team, we'll see t/m night

I stayed until halftime of the Princeton vs. James Monroe game and I will be the first to tell you that Princeton is nothing to write home about. They are a fairly weak team but they took advantage of poor post defense by the Mavs with their sub-par post players. P'town took a major blow when Minnix (the better one) somehow hurt his knee during the game. My group of 4 or so did not see it happen, but saw them carry him back to the locker room. They announced over the PA system for any doctor in the building to go back there. I am not sure of the extent of the injury, but it looked serious, I saw him put no pressure on it at all while they literally carried him back there. May not be serious but it is definitely bad enough to keep him out of tomorrow night's game. If it is bad as it looked then Princeton will have a very hard time recovering from that blow. He is vital to that team.

But on a much lighter note, James Monroe did blow a 7 point lead with around 3 minutes left in the game.

[ QUOTE ]

I was at the game and JM did not blow the lead. They played their butts off. Lets just say that the calls at the end of the game were a bit questionable. JM should have won that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they pair them so Bluefield & Princeton can play each other in the championship game. They didn't want JM to spoil their tournament.....

[ QUOTE ]

I was at the game and JM did not blow the lead. They played their butts off. Lets just say that the calls at the end of the game were a bit questionable. JM should have won that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the Graham folks about questionable officiating in this tournament when you play Princeton...