Stewart is the man! WVU names new head coach!

bhs7695

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Quincy Wilson laid the SMACK DOWN on Brandon Merriweather...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one of the best individual plays ever in college football. If you look at the replay he actuallt knocked him back 7 YARDS.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Valid points,but the fact remains that you VT fans think that college football would not survive without your existence when in fact VT has fared no better then WV.

BCS Victories:WV 2-0

VT 0-3

I liked how you VT fans thought that Kansas was not a worthy opponent and should not have even been on the same field as you and if you don't believe me then check out the Tech boards BEFORE the Orange Bowl and even now you guys are saying that VT was still the better team.You fans need to realise that VT and WVU are still considered second tier teams to most of the major college powers.Until one of us wins a national championship we will not get the respect that we want or deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you accusing me of saying VT is all these things???

if you can find anyplace where i said college football wouldnt exist without VT, please tell me and i will apologize for them.

This all got started by you bashing the ACC and their poor bowl record, and guess what, it is poor. but the fact of the matter is, the ACC did not use to be a football conference, especially until they took the 2 best teams at the time out of the conference. those 2 teams were the only, and still are, teams to play for a national championship with the BCS system we have now in place from the big east.

i can not argue the fact that WVU has fared well in BCS bowl games, but it is not like tech has played an easy schedule. They played FSU in a national championship, anAuburn team who was arguably one of the best in the country, and had a legit argument to almost be in the NC, and Kansas. And yes, i underestimated kansas, but almost everyone did. If the underdog never won, why would we play the game. The same kind of confidence im sure is in many teams before games, especially when that team has demolished its last 5 opponents by double digits.

anyways, i dont check the tech boards, but i do check the WVU boards and I KNOW the same arrogance is there as well. Its at every school and fanbase.

I would not call WVU and VT "second tier teams" right now in college football. Yes they do not have the tradition the wins or the NCs as many schools, but they can contend with anyone on any given night. Second tier sounds degrading, and neither program has any reason to be degraded. so i would say a "small step below" the major football programs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Valid points,but the fact remains that you VT fans think that college football would not survive without your existence when in fact VT has fared no better then WV.

BCS Victories:WV 2-0

VT 0-3

I liked how you VT fans thought that Kansas was not a worthy opponent and should not have even been on the same field as you and if you don't believe me then check out the Tech boards BEFORE the Orange Bowl and even now you guys are saying that VT was still the better team.You fans need to realise that VT and WVU are still considered second tier teams to most of the major college powers.Until one of us wins a national championship we will not get the respect that we want or deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you accusing me of saying VT is all these things???

if you can find anyplace where i said college football wouldnt exist without VT, please tell me and i will apologize for them.

This all got started by you bashing the ACC and their poor bowl record, and guess what, it is poor. but the fact of the matter is, the ACC did not use to be a football conference, especially until they took the 2 best teams at the time out of the conference. those 2 teams were the only, and still are, teams to play for a national championship with the BCS system we have now in place from the big east.

i can not argue the fact that WVU has fared well in BCS bowl games, but it is not like tech has played an easy schedule. They played FSU in a national championship, anAuburn team who was arguably one of the best in the country, and had a legit argument to almost be in the NC, and Kansas. And yes, i underestimated kansas, but almost everyone did. If the underdog never won, why would we play the game. The same kind of confidence im sure is in many teams before games, especially when that team has demolished its last 5 opponents by double digits.

anyways, i dont check the tech boards, but i do check the WVU boards and I KNOW the same arrogance is there as well. Its at every school and fanbase.

I would not call WVU and VT "second tier teams" right now in college football. Yes they do not have the tradition the wins or the NCs as many schools, but they can contend with anyone on any given night. Second tier sounds degrading, and neither program has any reason to be degraded. so i would say a "small step below" the major football programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC is still not a football conference at the present time. Miami is terrible and Florida State is bad now also. And truthfully, the entire setup was to play an elimimation game between the two for a shot at a National title every year. As for VT, yes they won the conference this year, but to me that blowout at LSU told me all I needed to know about ACC football this year. I really don't see what all the fuss was about in moving to the ACC. WVU-VT for a Big East title would be a much more attractive matchup than VT and anyone in the ACC.