VT vs. Kansas

KINGPIN

Guest BEAVERTAIL

THE DAM IS READY TO ROCK!!!

You think you all were gonna have a discussion about our student section without me! lol

those were the days man, no one could break bleachers like we could!

i still have a piece of a princeton bleacher on the wall in my room...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

guys i really hate to say this...but that cheer brought that school back from a devastating tragedy....and i just cringe when i hear it at a WVU game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Beano, I don't want you to think that I am in any way bashing that cheer. I am a student at Marshall. It's one thing to hear it on the movie or on You Tube, but knowing the story it gives people chills when they hear it in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

It honestly make me get chills when i hear it on the movie when they are outside the window... greatest chant ever when it all comes down to it.

Guest JJBrickface

I miss the good ole days at Bluefield High School myself. good times, no doubt.

BHS was a joke! Class started at 8:10 and I wouldn't get out of bed until 7:50, sometimes 8, to take a shower and all that, then I would go to McDonalds every day to get my regular bacon, egg, and cheese bagel and roll into school at about 8:45 or 9. I had 85 official tardies my senior year and not one disciplinarian action was taken against me. 1st block was Art I and that was the only class I needed to graduate so that was cake. She wrote me up every day, but for some reason never turned me in! Got out of that scotch free! grin.gif

Guest JJBrickface

That was the best part! Getting away with anything. I would go to random classes, wherever my friend were and just hang out. Most of the teachers didn't seem to care. I had Art I my senior year and it was definitely ridiculous. I would never do any drawings or painting but would claim the ones that had no names on it. Easy A!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

guys i really hate to say this...but that cheer brought that school back from a devastating tragedy....and i just cringe when i hear it at a WVU game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Beano, I don't want you to think that I am in any way bashing that cheer. I am a student at Marshall. It's one thing to hear it on the movie or on You Tube, but knowing the story it gives people chills when they hear it in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... I was there at the New Hampshire game, its really an amazing chant to hear...But even better in person

Jeffrey Dahmer even thinks so...

[ QUOTE ]

BHS was a joke! Class started at 8:10 and I wouldn't get out of bed until 7:50, sometimes 8, to take a shower and all that, then I would go to McDonalds every day to get my regular bacon, egg, and cheese bagel and roll into school at about 8:45 or 9. I had 85 official tardies my senior year and not one disciplinarian action was taken against me. 1st block was Art I and that was the only class I needed to graduate so that was cake. She wrote me up every day, but for some reason never turned me in! Got out of that scotch free!

[/ QUOTE ]

STORY TIME!!!

It was our Sophomore year and the carnival was in town. So i bought some stink bombs and I let one off in the gym right when everybody was about to head to class. I played it off so well that I knew I would never get into trouble. I acted like I dropped my books and when I went down to pick it up I sat down the stink bomb and stepped on it. Man that was great....Anyways, 3rd block I hear "Coach Niegro, do you have bluefieldRocks...send him to Mr. Turners office"..

So i get in there and Godfrey makes me empty my pockets and stuff and said "somebody dropped a stinkbomb in the gym this morning and we have reason to believe it was you, a girl got sick from the smell and had to go home" and at this point in time I almost started to die laughing but I knew better. So I said I have nothing to do with it, And Mr. Godfrey tells me to "take off my shoes" Now I had on a pair of new balances that i got for christmas, so mind you there about 5 months old...dirty...stinky..etc... and he takes a whiff of the bottom of them...I crap you not...smells my shoes, and he looks at me and sais "I smell a stinkbomb on this shoe, he said stinkbombs have a very "unique smell" and I'm thinking no [censored] dumbass. Anyways I said "Well all you probly smell is dog crap I stepped in while I was taking the trash out" and then he got mad I didnt know if he was mad because he thought just smelt dog crap or because I was lying. But he didnt know...

Anways...Somehow, I still got suspended for two days...

So many stories...I just dont have time to type them all

[ QUOTE ]

Here is a video of the chant. Depending on who you are, this could be described as homosexual... *cough* *cough* bluefieldRocks *cough* *cough*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8laAlpFy57Y

[/ QUOTE ]

For a second there, I thought I was watching UVA fans with all the arm in arm swaying that was going on. And yes, that "Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk" chant is just abot the gayest thing I've ever heard/seen. Oh, and did anyone notice the "waving wheat" after KU scores? Once again, not the most hetero thing I've ever witnessed. Maybe we should start reffering to KU as "UVA of the Great Plains".

From an online article...

[ QUOTE ]

They have some unusual traditions including the Rock Chalk cheer, which seems oddly like something the Branch Davidians would have used, and the Waving of the Wheat. “What the hell is Waving of the Wheat?” Glad you asked. Following a Kansas touchdown (a frequent occurrence this season), all the fans wave their arms from side to side to resemble wheat waving in the wind. Congratulations Wahoos, you now only have the stupidest post-touchdown celebration east of the Mississippi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

BHS was a joke! Class started at 8:10 and I wouldn't get out of bed until 7:50, sometimes 8, to take a shower and all that, then I would go to McDonalds every day to get my regular bacon, egg, and cheese bagel and roll into school at about 8:45 or 9. I had 85 official tardies my senior year and not one disciplinarian action was taken against me. 1st block was Art I and that was the only class I needed to graduate so that was cake. She wrote me up every day, but for some reason never turned me in! Got out of that scotch free!

[/ QUOTE ]

STORY TIME!!!

It was our Sophomore year and the carnival was in town. So i bought some stink bombs and I let one off in the gym right when everybody was about to head to class. I played it off so well that I knew I would never get into trouble. I acted like I dropped my books and when I went down to pick it up I sat down the stink bomb and stepped on it. Man that was great....Anyways, 3rd block I hear "Coach Niegro, do you have bluefieldRocks...send him to Mr. Turners office"..

So i get in there and Godfrey makes me empty my pockets and stuff and said "somebody dropped a stinkbomb in the gym this morning and we have reason to believe it was you, a girl got sick from the smell and had to go home" and at this point in time I almost started to die laughing but I knew better. So I said I have nothing to do with it, And Mr. Godfrey tells me to "take off my shoes" Now I had on a pair of new balances that i got for christmas, so mind you there about 5 months old...dirty...stinky..etc... and he takes a whiff of the bottom of them...I crap you not...smells my shoes, and he looks at me and sais "I smell a stinkbomb on this shoe, he said stinkbombs have a very "unique smell" and I'm thinking no [censored] dumbass. Anyways I said "Well all you probly smell is dog crap I stepped in while I was taking the trash out" and then he got mad I didnt know if he was mad because he thought just smelt dog crap or because I was lying. But he didnt know...

Anways...Somehow, I still got suspended for two days...

So many stories...I just dont have time to type them all

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that 100%. He did the same thing my senior year. I was in Mrs. Miller's class and there was a horrible smell in the room. I know for certain that no one let off a stink bomb inside the class. To this day I have no clue what it was. Anyways she called Mr. Godfrey up and he started sniffing the bottom of everyones shoes, he got to mine and sniffed it a little longer than everyone elses, so maybe I had stepped in some dog crap as well. Anyways he eventually gave up and gave a stupid speech and left.