VT vs. Kansas

KINGPIN

I hate it for Foster and the D. To play so well and inspired only to have the OC change the playcalling to put the game in the hands of a shaky looking QB. He forces a throw and there goes the game. Demoralizing to Foster and his D. You could see it in the kids and hear it in Foster's post game comments. I hate for em.

I know Stiney is great guy and Beamer is all about doing things the right way and loyality, but how much longer can this sh%* go on????

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I know Stiney is great guy and Beamer is all about doing things the right way and loyality, but how much longer can this sh%* go on????

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY!!! It took me a few years to convince you but at least you now agree that Stungsprain is the problem...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY!!! It took me a few years to convince you but at least you now agree that Stungsprain is the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember who gave me more sh#$ for sticking up for Stiney at times, you or your wife!! lol I thought it was just a lack of talent and depth up front. Well, I still think that to an extent, but this time, Stiney gets a lot of the blame.

No "preaching the gospel of GMAN" this time? Once again, I would have to decline donating to the ministry! lol

[ QUOTE ]

No wonder Ore was late for a meeting. The gameplan didn't even include him. I'm surprised that they even noticed he was late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ore must have been suspended for the whole second half too if you look at how much they utilized him!

BSC Record 0-3, VT proved their worth... Losing to a team that all year had only beaten 3 teams that ended up with a winning record.. With only 1 of those opponents more than 1 game over .500 (central michigan)...lol...Congrats Tech!!!!! The sad part about last night was after the game the majority of tech players walked off the field and didnt even congratulate Kansas. The Kangaroo might want to clean house......

im not sticking up for stinespring...but you CANNOT blame the loss on bad play calling....the plays were there...on every throw Glennon had more than one option to throw to...he just picked the wrong option and threw a pick....its as much his fault throwing the picks as stinesprings....if you are gonna blame anyone...blame the players for lack of execution...

Execution is an absolute key to winning football games, but it is the coach's and/or coordinators decision to pick the best play for the team. The playbooks that Tech and every school uses are absolutely huge and there are so many options to pick, but it is up to the coach to choose the play that has the best chance to work. Sure, you can complete a pass when the defense is sitting back in coverage, but it would be so much easier to run the ball with only 6 or 7 men in the box. I agree with you that the players must execute in order for success, but you take your chances on higher percentage plays. (i.e. throwing against single coverage and/or running to the weak side.)

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

im not sticking up for stinespring...but you CANNOT blame the loss on bad play calling....the plays were there...on every throw Glennon had more than one option to throw to...he just picked the wrong option and threw a pick....its as much his fault throwing the picks as stinesprings....if you are gonna blame anyone...blame the players for lack of execution...

[/ QUOTE ]

The receivers dropped a lot of clutch passes that were on target.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But he was visably shanky at times throughout the game and the running game was doing pretty well. Why would you want to switch to so many passing plays all of the sudden??

I was taught if you cannot say something nice, then don't say anything at all. I will say one thing, however, and leave it at that. Unless changes are made to the coaching staff the same thing that happened last night will continue to happen in big games against good, well coached teams. Superior talent will win you games against lesser opponents and cover-up questionable coaching many times, but not everytime...

As i said last year after VT got hammered in their bowl game and after LSU this year, these high profile losses as well as having Stinespring as the OC are going to have a MAJOR negative effect on recruiting. You cant't convince the Percy Harvins(Florida) and other offensive blue chippers to come to VT unless changes are made. Stinespring is a liability that Beamer has to deal with. If he can't deal with it, he's gotta go as well. Tech is stuck spinning its wheels while the top notch offensive talent in the State isn't interested because of Stinespring. Who recruited Kenny Lewis? Is he the best we can get? If he's a D-1 running back, then i'm the one-armed drummer from Def Leppard.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But he was visably shanky at times throughout the game and the running game was doing pretty well. Why would you want to switch to so many passing plays all of the sudden??

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you gonna run the ball with less than 5 minutes and down by 10..by the time they scored had they ran the ball every play that drive they would have had even less time...he made the call any OC would have made in the land...down by 10 less than five minutes...forget the run...maybe run once every 4 downs...but you cant run the ball 80 yards only picking out 5-7 yards a carry and have any time left after scoring...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you gonna run the ball with less than 5 minutes and down by 10..by the time they scored had they ran the ball every play that drive they would have had even less time...he made the call any OC would have made in the land...down by 10 less than five minutes...forget the run...maybe run once every 4 downs...but you cant run the ball 80 yards only picking out 5-7 yards a carry and have any time left after scoring...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So that explains the play calling for the last 5 minutes...but explain the entire third quarter and the first half of the fourth.

were they still in the game? you cant be calling for a coaches head when they are one of the few teams to have won 10 games in the past 3 or 4 years...i see that they are doing pretty damn good...

[ QUOTE ]

were they still in the game? you cant be calling for a coaches head when they are one of the few teams to have won 10 games in the past 3 or 4 years...i see that they are doing pretty damn good...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they were still in the game. They were only down 14-17 not far into the third quarter. Running the ball was definetly still a option at that point.

Winnng ten games a season is great...but it sucks to get emmbarassed every year in all of you big games. I never called for stiensprings head, I only said his play calling in the second half was questionable, at best.

that loss was not an embarrassing one...not the least bit...they hung in that game with every move Kansas made...they just fell a blocked kick short...it happens...nothing you can do...they will bounce back just fine and be in contention next year as much as i hate to say it...

Yeah it was for me, and I think for most Tech fans. Tech should have won that game, because they had the weapons to win it. I just dont feel that the weapons were used to the best ability of the team last night, and thats why we were on the lossing side. I give Kansas all the credit in the world for playing an awesome game, but I truly feel that Tech should've, could've, would've won with better play calling.

I just got back from Miami and I'm pissed. Not only did tech blow the game, but the only three days the weather was below 75 all week were the three i was there. Anyways back to the game. As a tech fan, i saw this coming. It was a lose/lose game. If you beat Kansas, big deal, you beat Kansas, they must have been overrated. But if you lose, you suck, you were way overrated, a terrible Kansas team beat you. Oh well, lets hope we get an innovative offensive coordinator soon so we can actually utilize the two quarterback system.

Guest JJBrickface

The thing that sticks out in my mind was on Techs first offensive series. They were moving the ball well with Glennon, they then put in Taylor who was sacked twice in a row. That set the tone for Kansas. Taylor would eventually throw the pick for six later. Thats the reason I hate the two quarterback system. I think Tech should have gotten inside the 10 before putting in Taylor.

beano5, don't know how old you are or how long you've watched college sports, but loosing to Kansas in football IS terrible if you're supposed to have a 1st rate program like Tech. Turns out KU is a basketball school thats never had a respectable football team! In todays BCS world, perception and credibility are very valuable, and Tech slips a couple of notches with each Bowl loss, ESPECIALLY to inferior teams.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

you cant say one season was not worthy because of the fact that Kansas was not good for so many years. Time changes things, take notre dame for example, even though it is in the opposite direction.

Any team can have a good year, even if they are a chess school. Dont believe me??? You think Duke has a bad program, well the last North Carolina school to win a ACC championship besides wake in 2006, was Duke. They also went a whole season without giving up a single point.(one of only 3 in all of the NCAAs) Are you gonna discredit that season because they are a basketball school?

point of the matter is this, Kansas did what it had to do to get into the bowl game, win almost every game. THey put up 11 wins playing in the big 12, granted not the toughest conference but i think some credit is due. Not only that, but they played Mizzou well, and beat a good tech team.

their players recieved numerous accolades and their coach was the Coach of the Year. I think many people forgot the fact that they were a basketball school and recognized and appreciated what they did on the gridiron, not allowing the past or what happens in James A naismith arena to take anything away from what the Jayhawks have done. Why cant you?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

rawk chalk jayhawk...what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

it really has no meaning, some professor made it up a long time ago i believe...

i think i heard the fans doing it at the orange bowl, they chant "rock, chalk, jayhawk, KU" a couple times slow, then they do it a bunch ot times fast...

it is usually done when they are going to win a game i think...