2008 James Monroe schedule

photoguy

Listed below is the tentative James Monroe Football schedule for 2008.

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

I see they still have some cream puffs on the schedule...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i hear pikeview is a contender for next year ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom't we all?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom't we all?

[/ QUOTE ]

We talking about Pikeview! Pikeview! Not even a real game! Pikeview!

If your AD was a man and he was 40 then you could get your facts straight and get some real competition.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom't we all?

[/ QUOTE ]

We talking about Pikeview! Pikeview! Not even a real game! Pikeview!

If your AD was a man and he was 40 then you could get your facts straight and get some real competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of Bluefields aren't real games either...

The AD has 9 games on the schedule, Poca, Point Pleasant, Greenbrier West and others have been contacted but do not want a game with James Monroe. The games with Pike View and Narrows do nothing for James Monroe but give them enough games to qualify for the playoffs

It looks like the "Children of the Poor" conference is starting to take shape and will include power houses such as Summers, Shady, Independence, Liberty Ral, Greenbrier West and Sherman. This will almost guarantee someone to make the playoffs to be first round fodder for some good team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom't we all?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WEEK 1 NARROWS

WEEK 2 WYANE

WEEK 3 @ OAK HILL

WEEK 4 PIKEVIEW

WEEK 5 @SCOTT

WEEK 6 @ WYOMING EAST

WEEK 7 GREENBRIER EAST

WEEK 8 OPEN

WEEK 9 MOUNT VIEW

WEEK 10 BLUEFIELD

WEEK 11 OPEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i hear pikeview is a contender for next year ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A contender for what??? Finally winning a game???

[ QUOTE ]

The AD has 9 games on the schedule, Poca, Point Pleasant, Greenbrier West and others have been contacted but do not want a game with James Monroe. The games with Pike View and Narrows do nothing for James Monroe but give them enough games to qualify for the playoffs

It looks like the "Children of the Poor" conference is starting to take shape and will include power houses such as Summers, Shady, Independence, Liberty Ral, Greenbrier West and Sherman. This will almost guarantee someone to make the playoffs to be first round fodder for some good team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that does become a problem when you start to have a good program. See...I'm giving JM credit for having a good program. But you can't continue to only schedule local teams to make a 10 game schedule. You have to "reach out" over great distances to find worthy opponents.

As for the "Children of the Poor conference"...I've tried warning everyone that is was going to happen but no one believed me. Those schools do not want to play Bluefield, James Monroe, or Mount View...PERIOD...

[ QUOTE ]

PikeView or not, at least James Monroe has enough games to be eligible for the playoffs in 2008. Bluefield only has 6 games on the schedule for 2008; you must have 8...

[/ QUOTE ]

right now bluefield has 8 games

who are the 8 games? i know of Graham, Mount View, James Monroe, Princeton, William Cambell, and possibly Richlands if they have stuck with their BACKOUT.

fill me in on the 8 games so far accomplished.

[ QUOTE ]

who are the 8 games? i know of Graham, Mount View, James Monroe, Princeton, William Cambell, and possibly Richlands if they have stuck with their BACKOUT.

fill me in on the 8 games so far accomplished.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last I heard it appeared that William Campbell would not be on the schedule this year due to Virginia starting a week early. Who are the 8 teams that you speak of? The last time I heard from my reliable source Bluefield only had six games: Graham, Princeton, Oak Hill, Mount View, James Monroe, and Scott.

from what im hearing, the richlands game will probably work out, talking with another virginia team, and a couple of teams in north carolina. at this point though, i think the games for sure are graham, princeton, oak hill, mt view, james monroe, and scott.

[ QUOTE ]

I thought it was very unlikely also when i heard it. I personally would like to pick up Blacksburg or Christiansburg.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's highly unlikely b/c of Virginia's districts setup limits the amount of out of district teams they can play and when they can play those games. Bluefield has contacted a number of WV schools and have yet to find one willing to sign on the dotted line for a series.

[ QUOTE ]

from what im hearing, the richlands game will probably work out, talking with another virginia team, and a couple of teams in north carolina. at this point though, i think the games for sure are graham, princeton, oak hill, mt view, james monroe, and scott.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Richlands tries to weasel out of the game at Bluefield this year they'll face a lot of backlash across the region. Many people around the area will lose all respect for them if they pull such a move. However, I told Tom, Beaverball, and several others before they played this year that if Bluefield won down there I seriously doubted Richlands would make the trek to Bluefield in 2008. It's dumbfounding that a program wanting to establish itself as one of the elite in the area is even wavering one bit to uphold their traveling end of an agreement.

I know that they were in talks with a team from Charlotte, which looked promising in the beginning. However, that soured recently when that school ran into trouble fitting such travel into their budget. It wasn't dead totally, but it was looking like a longshot.

[ QUOTE ]

Its a shame the defending state champs cant even get 8 teams to play us the following year when we lost a lot of starters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because you've got a lot of spineless people running a number of the area football programs. They'd rather play no one and win games, so they can get to the playoffs and get embarrassed in the first round than face real competition.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Richlands tries to weasel out of the game at Bluefield this year they'll face a lot of backlash across the region. Many people around the area will lose all respect for them if they pull such a move. However, I told Tom, Beaverball, and several others before they played this year that if Bluefield won down there I seriously doubted Richlands would make the trek to Bluefield in 2008. It's dumbfounding that a program wanting to establish itself as one of the elite in the area is even wavering one bit to uphold their traveling end of an agreement.

I know that they were in talks with a team from Charlotte, which looked promising in the beginning. However, that soured recently when that school ran into trouble fitting such travel into their budget. It wasn't dead totally, but it was looking like a longshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know which charlotte team it was?