weight room

GHS61

Mickey Quesenberry from carroll squatted 510 the other day i think thats pretty good, but i think we've had this discussion before but i think weightlifting is a important part of football definitley but... at the same time you gotta have athletic ability too so i don't think you can base how good someone is at football by there squat or benchpress

Grundy has alot a lot of lineman in the weight room actually all the lineman that are expected to start or has a shot at starting on the line is in the weight room. Also are starting RB (Josh Lindsey) is in the weight room everyday. Also something alot of ppl dont know are QB that started this past year is playing JV B-ball but he goes and lifts just about every morning 6:20 till school starts

lifting is very important in football but it is not as vital as many people make it out to be. Cody Wassum, a linebacker for Bluefield, in the weightroom is outlifted by a number of people but can sure bring some pain on the gridirion.

Having good leg strength is important for running backs though. If youve got a good squat and some nice leg press numbers, you should be a strong runner and hard to bring down. I know one reason Jake Lilly has been a top player in the state in his first two years of high school ball is because of his work out regiment. The kid can lift weights and put on muscle like its nothing. He's been a top lifter with the Bluefield program in these first two years and I can only anticipate him becoming even stronger and more powerful.

Robbie Rife i would say lifts the most for Grundy he started his freshman year on the OL and his sophmore year both ways, im not for sure wat he is lifting so far this year but last year on squat he was maxing in the 500s.

last time I checked this was a sports forum ,not English class. I do make the honor role every semester, don't believe me check the papers Josh Halsey....Seriously grow up buddy quit being petty about stupid stuff. If you don't want to comment on the post , then don't say anything ,just because i abbreviate and don't punctuate ,when I post on this forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

When does Graham start lifting weights mandatorily? Bluefield started today

[/ QUOTE ]

VA schools aren't allowed to make lifting mandatory as i learned when almost going to blufield.....

[/ QUOTE ]

can you give me a link to a vhsl site that says its a rule, im not doubting you at all but i actually need a link

I'm not sure if it is actually required that they lift weights but speaking from expereience.....if any G-Man wants to play football at Graham they better be in the weight room or it could hurt any possible playing time in the future

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

When does Graham start lifting weights mandatorily? Bluefield started today

[/ QUOTE ]

VA schools aren't allowed to make lifting mandatory as i learned when almost going to blufield.....

[/ QUOTE ]

can you give me a link to a vhsl site that says its a rule, im not doubting you at all but i actually need a link

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in the VHSL Athletic Handbook. I'll try to find a link. Spring (and summer) weight lifting is considered off-season conditioning and can not be mandatory. Virginia is about the strictest state when it comes to spring and summer ball.

we field aroung 40 50 players a year bud lay off we have about 30 in weight lifting and the comment who did all 4 of you makes no sense were returning a bunch of players way to put ur feet in ur mouth