Huckabee

Lance

I am leaning towards voting for this guy...I have listened to several of his speeches and I really like some of his ideas...especially his tax reform ideas and educational reform ideas...any of you guys actually listened to what this guy has to say yet?

So far I like Huckabee the best of any of the current candidates...and I'm not a republican or a demorcat or anything...i just listen to what they all say and try to pick the one i think will be the least damaging of the group.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i am a conservative, and i am a fred thompson supporter. however, huckabee is also a really great choice as well. you should look at some of the things that he has done with the state of arkansas.

honestly, i am leaning a whole lot more towards huckabee as well, but i dont feel like taking the thompson sticker of my car. lol

I like some of the things that Thompson says, but I tell you, Huckabee has a heck of a good record in Arkansas as you said...he really turned things around.

The thing that scares me about him, he has the WalMart ties, and I am scared to even think about what would happen if WalMart had THAT sort of influence at a Presidential level...a home grown favorite son as Pres...with the Wally World people...scary.

I don't really know that you could transition everything that he wants to transition though in 8 years...he would have to pick a very strong running mate and have them on board with everything and look towards a 16 year plan to overhaul this stuff...the tax system alone would take close to 15 years to do what he wants to do...then healthcare and education...he's talking about shaking the foundations of all of these and going in completely different directions on each one...which i think needs to be done...i just don't know if one or two 8 year runs in the white house would even be enough.

Bush has proved that you can swing things in a bad way in less than 2 and can pretty much wreck the country in 8 though...so...maybe it can be done.

Huckabee is a social conservative but economically he appears to be more liberal, a big govt. guy. I too am considering him and I really like what he has to say about things. I took education in ARkansas from being one of the worst to the top ten in the nation. However, anytime you do something like that it takes a big govt. mentality. It will be interesting to see who gets the nomination.

Right now I don't think anyone in the Republican camp can contend with anyone in the Democrat camp. Nobody, is showing the same kind of enthusiasm for change that the Dems are and I can tell you right now that I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT! But the truth is the truth.

I agree that a strong running mate could be the difference maker for a Republican candidate, whoever gets the nod needs to choose someone with a lot of charisma and public appeal.

Another interesting guy is Ron Paul. Regardless of whether or not you like him, you have to love the way that he is going against the grain and calling out both parties for being in bed with big corporations. He is really a libertarian at heart and he is making the American public aware of some things like the private ownership of the Federal Reserve and the fact that the Income TAx is unconstitutional, he also argues the need for us to return to the Gold standard before a Depression hits this country.

The guy is being totally ostricized by the media and most folks don't even know his name, this is a perfect example of corporate influence. Despite the fact that he raised 4.6 million dollars on Guy Fawkes day back in november (if you have ever seen V for Vendetta you know who Guy Fawkes is) and he has raised 19.5 million the last quarter. That is only half a million less than Hillary. It is an amazing story and one of interest to all Americans, whether you support the guy or not he is trying to expose some problems with our current govt.

yeah...i spent late last night listening to all of the democratic front runners...what idiots...Obama is really sort of a cartoon looking Mr. Spock and Hillary just seems really snoody these days...she has not one ounce of the charm that Bill had...and if she wins, i'm convinced that it is for no other reason that people wanting to see Bill back in the white house...I think she knows that and just wants to hang out near the front runners until it's time and then you will see Bill in the spotlight when it's time to get the nomination...and again near election time...she will use him wisely.

The Republicans...wow...what a pack of morons...and what the hell happened to Rudi Gulliani? This brother just dropped off the planet faster than Tony Soprano heading to Boca Raton....i remember when he decided to run, I thought with his popularity he will probably win it and maybe win it all...but he's run the worst campaing ever so far.

I myself am tired of the oil elete running the country...because it's all been about money and power and war as well...it's time to get back to fixing the mess that is the USA and put all this other world stuff on the back burner for a while...and that in itself will solve some of the world problems...because that is what a lot of people have a problem with..us getting in everyone elses business. What Bush has done the past few years is not much short of what is core to Nazi principles...and I'm guessing that someday he will face the music for a lot of this.

After listening to all of the candidates some more, I still like what Huchabee say the best...and I have no ties to republicans or democrates, or libertarians...or anything else...i just try to figure out who i like based on what they are saying and what they have done...and roll with it...so far...I like Huckabee the best.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Im not a republican or democrat, but I hope Hillary gets it, sure it will continue the bush-clinton-bush-clinton story, but maybe a woman could lead this country better. Hell if it dont work, then 4 years we can go back to the same old thing.

[ QUOTE ]

Im not a republican or democrat, but I hope Hillary gets it, sure it will continue the bush-clinton-bush-clinton story, but maybe a woman could lead this country better. Hell if it dont work, then 4 years we can go back to the same old thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

we tried...and that didnt work...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

She wants to implement a 70 billion dollar plan as soon as she gets in. That is an addition to what we are paying now, not taking money out of some things to help pay it. she wants to fund it strictly with taxes.

remember last time we put a woman in charge, Nancy pelosi? Only thing she has done after she promised all those things was change the menu in the cafe at congress from meatloaf to mahi mahi. and no, that is not a joke, it is the truth.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i dont mind paying for something that I believed needed to be done. (And it did, i still do not forget 9-11 not to mention what was going on overseas in those countries to its citizens)But 10 billion for people on welfare to have insurance is rediculous. not to mention 5 billion to help stop global warming when we are not even sure it is happening.

the war in Iraq, or the American occupation of Iraq is a more correct term for it, has nothing to do with 9/11 and if you know anything at all about government and the way things work, then you would know that the Iraq move was something that had been planned for quite some time...someday all this stuff will come out...but, don't try to bring 9/11 in to this because it has nothing to do with anything in Iraq.

Here is the deal on Iraq..we wanted to use it as a base to stabilize the middle east...nothing more...they figured that you remove Hussain and set up shop, you are right in the middle of it all and you can set up shop and chill out the region...they split the Israel/Palestine conflict and kicked Israel to the curb once they were in Iraq...bottom line is that we did not need them as we did before..now anyone who screws up in the region, we are in a great position to deal with them...Iran, Syria, Turkey...even India, Pakistan, and Afghanistan...we are in a great position to deal with any of them...and that is all it was ever about...we have set up shop in Iraq and we are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

has nothing to do with 9/11 and if you know anything at all about government and the way things work, then you would know that the Iraq move was something that had been planned for quite some time...someday all this stuff will come out...but, don't try to bring 9/11 in to this because it has nothing to do with anything in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

when it does ill believe you. But right now, it is the war on terror. face the facts. all you have is a conspiracy theory.

here is the facts, in 1998 the US went into Iraq and had operation Desert Fox because of Iraq would not cooperate with weapons inspections. people believed that they could be harboring weapons of mass destruction, and Iraq could, because they were not conforming to UN policies.

Then, after the attacks on 9-11 the US had beliefs that they were once again harboring weapons of Mass destruction. But did they go in all of a sudden because it was planned? no. Instead, they went to the UN and got a bill passed to go in and look for weapons of MD. the bill passed UNANIMOUSLY.

After the inspections were believed to be tampered with and not done correctly, US troops went in afterwards when many countries supported them and wanted them to do so. UK, Poland, Austrialia, and denmark all sent troops. 33 other nations sent troops in after the fall of Saddam Hussein. (who had al-Quida connections.)

This was not just a US war for its own base, this was to fight against the terrorists in iraq, and their leader who let them do as they please. The troops there along with the Iraqi police are still facing these terrorists today. so you see, it is the war on terror.

9-11 showed everyone that our country can be atacked at any time, and without notice and had everything to do with this war. The US govt had to take action and they did, by creating the war on terror and creating the dept of homeland securities, which is one of the largest cabinets in the US govt.

Iraq has never attacked America...they had no WMD...and there were not even any Taliban operating in Iraq until we let them in...lol...that is the fact.

I've been through a major military operation, I know how long it takes to plan something like a total invasion of Iraq...and it was long before 9/11/2001 I can promise you that.

There is no conspiracy theory at play, it's just the way it is.

Iraq had nothing at all to do with 9/11 and you are kidding yourself if you think it did...well, in so much as it gave them a green light to go thru with a plan that was already on the drawing board...

why do you think there was no "Exit Plan"? How many times have you heard people asking why there was no exit plan? The answer is simple...there was never a plan to exit.

WOW! I can not believe that Lance and I are going to possibly vote for the same person. We agree on something. But I do have to say that I do not agree with you on Iraqi, But I will listen to your opinion on it because everyone has one.

At the moment, John McCain is my front-runner. I can't stand Hillary, and I think when it's said and done, she'll beat Obama, though it will be alot closer than she originally thought.

McCain IMO has the best overall chance of beating Hillary, and Obama should he pull off an upset. The one thing I really like about McCain is he pretty much says what's on his mind, whether you like it or not. Some issues, particularly imigration, I don't agree with him 100% on, but I just don't think this will be a year where you can get every single thing you want in a candidate.

Mostly, I like McCain, and I've got serious doubts that Romney, Hukabee, or Guliani can beat Clinton or Obama.

As for those who will vote for or against Hillary or Obama solely based on gender or race, please stay home. In time, we'll probably see a black or waman as president, heck, maybe both at the same time, but hopefully not one of these 2.

i dont see how anyone can like McCain...i just want to punch him in the face every time i hear him talk...the guy is a total bore and i'd rather listen to Al Gore ramble on about melting glaciers.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont see how anyone can like McCain...i just want to punch him in the face every time i hear him talk...the guy is a total bore and i'd rather listen to Al Gore ramble on about melting glaciers.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not go that far lol

[ QUOTE ]

Just saw where MSN.com said Huckabee won WV....congrats guys/gals. I went and cast my vote in GA today for him...however, no results yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN just reported that Georgia is looking very good for Huckabee!

I think Huckabee will do very well in the southern tier but when it goes to the left coast....it'll be a tuff battle.

It will take a miracle for him to win in that arena b/c he's considered to conservative.

i just like the ideas that the guy has...i think he would do what is best for America and it's been a while since we've had a president who did that...I guess Reagan was the last one.