RR HAS VOTED AND THE GOLDEN WAVE WILL BE IN THE

wah_wah

The VHSL R&R committee...they met yesterday to discuss and vote on classification/district changes to their 2009-10 classification plan.

Grundy requested to be placed in the LPD. The LPD principals voted 'NO' on Grundy being placed there.

The R&R Committee, in all liklihood, took Grundy's request to play Class A and the LPD's vote of not placing them in that district and placed Grundy in the BDD IF GRUNDY STILL WANTS TO PLAY IN CLASS A.

The ball is now back in Grundy's court and it will be up to them to decide whether or not they will continue to play up in the SWD or compete in Class A in the BDD.

[ QUOTE ]

I do not think that have a choice. but i really do not know

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have a choice. They can play where their classification puts them, Class A/BDD, or they can continue to play up, Class AA/SWD. They have to let the VHSL know by May because that is when they finalize the 2009-10 R&R.

IMO, they drop to Class A...but that's just my opinion...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I do not think that have a choice. but i really do not know

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have a choice. They can play where their classification puts them, Class A/BDD, or they can continue to play up, Class AA/SWD. They have to let the VHSL know by May because that is when they finalize the 2009-10 R&R.

IMO, they drop to Class A...but that's just my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to see Grundy go to the bdd but from what i understand as long as Rowe is the head man at Grundy they wont be going to the bdd...

it's not Rowe's choice to make...would make no sense for Grundy to go to the BDD with the other sports...unless they worked out some sort of split to let them wrestle in the SWD or something wacky like that then they will stay AA I think.

so grundy could possibly not be in the SWD in the 09-10 school year....that sucks for the other SWD teams, but Grundy would have a better chance of winning a distric championship maybe on the single-A division IMO. I dont know who is in the BDD but i got time to kill so i guess ill look it up.

It's gonna happen. The wrestling program will probably compete in the LPD or another single A district. If it comes down from the R & R, the decision will be the BDD, it is Grundy's choice to accept it or decline the placement.

I believe they will move down. The possibility of Taz, Richlands, and Graham joining them is intriguing however. This would be great for Grundy, because it would allow them to maintain old rivalries and still compete with familiar foes in wrestling as well.

NOnetheless, the decision is now left up to the powers that be at Grundy. BDD or stay AA????

Whats it going to be?

exactly...so i'm thinking that it will make more sense for them to go ahead and do the 09 - 10 hitch at AA and stay the same, allow the other SWD schools to get it together and they all make the move down on the next go around...it's really not that big of a deal because it's just the way things are...they would still require some sort of special ruling to allow them to go out od district in wrestling if they go down, which isn't a given thing...so I seriously doubt that it would be any benefit to move down for Grundy...plus, as said before there are those who oppose the move to the BDD from within...so...I think they just wait it out another round and move down with the other schools...would make a lot more sense to me to do it that way and you keep from stepping on anyones feet...plus, there is not a great advantage in Football or Basketball to move down to A in the BDD...Grundy can't really compete at the level that Honaker or Haysi are at in football right now, and don't have a big advantage in going to the floor with TV in basketball...so...i dunno...a move to the BDD doesn't make a lot of sense to me?

Wrestling will not have to move to any other district. They will be automatic district champs and will send 13 champions to the region d tournament each year. As for scheduling, they can go anywhere in the country and wrestle who they want when they want, without having to wrestle a weak district schedule. As for what Grundy will do is still undecided. There is alot of concern for the other sports at Grundy. There is talk of dropping softball and tennis. We now have a situation where outside coaches with no type of degree are being put in to minor sports as head coaches. Cross country was hit with a $500 fine for 22 rules infraction by a non teacher coach, who now is on the school board. JV girls basketball coach was non teacher hit with sexual warrants, replaced by school board members nephew, also non teacher. Soccer coach non teacher, golf coach non teacher. It has gotten to the point where you are running a high school program like a little league rec. league.

so...what exactly is to be gained from going to A vs. staying in AA? I guess, what is in it for Grundy? I don't see them dominating anything or really gaining a lot from it? Is it just a travel time sort of thing?

[ QUOTE ]

I disagree with them not dominating anything, I think they will make a long run as Single A wrestling champions. They will be able to get away from C-burg.

[/ QUOTE ]

point is they already compete well at the level they are at in wrestling...so there is no point in going to A for wrestling...they have a legit shot at state this year at AA level. I just dont see the benefit for the other programs to drop down to A if they have to go to the BDD.