DUKE @ CAROLINA

seth_hill

Thomas did well in the first half, all things considering. He has a lot of pressure on him trying to fill such big shoes. Just so happens it is in the biggest game of the year as well. If the D steps up, Psycho T keeps hammering them in, and Thomas limits his TO's UNC should be right there in it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...........better find a way to stop Hansborough....but if the Heels can't defend the 3 or keep from turning the ball over...then it'g going to be a long one. But he is right....If Lawson or even Frasor is in the game...it's totally different.

I hate it that everyone is like omg no ty lawson thats why we lost........well shove it up yours carolina you still lost and on your homecourt! haha Paulus is my boy and Henderson played a hell of a game! Defense for Duke played great even though tyler had a big game we knew he would! Final Score UNC-78 Duke-89

[ QUOTE ]

WOW, them 'Heels are nasty...........NOT.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Carolina played Duke to the end of the game with their 3rd string PG in Quentin Thomas who was relieved by Marcus Ginyard, a SG with a bum foot, who hasn't played PG since his 9th grade year in high school. Their two best shooters went a combined 4-24 from the floor (Ellington 3-14, Green 1-10) and a combined 1-11 from three (Ellington 0-6, Green 1-5). Duke held a 30 point advantage in shooting 3's and I won't even really elaborate on Carolina's 20 turnovers.

Easy win for the Blue Devils..... NOT...

hard to make alot of shots with a hand in your face..duke played good D all night..there was even a couple times it looked like clean blocks on hansborough and they got called fouls..and mr. 82% free throws didn't show up on the line. & maybe if carolina played a little better D then duke wouldn't have made that many 3 pointers..most they made were wide open.

say what you want 3rd string point guard and all of that...and i know that does make a difference..but duke went into unc and took the win...that's all that matters until the next time they play at cameron.

[ QUOTE ]

Duke won't make the Sweet 16. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you seriously make that statment? Duke just went into the number three ranked teams house and beat them by double digits. Not to mention that team was UNC and is always harder to play against than any other school n the nation.

I firmly believe that if Lawson was in there it would have been a different game. And the second game around we will see a better UNC team like always. I think that UNC should have put the ball on the floor and take advantage of Duke's lack of size. But they didnt do that as much as i expected.

Also it didnt help UNC that they couldnt make any thing. UNC had an off night and i cant wait til round 2 at Cameron Indoor. It should be even more exciting.

You better hope that they don't make the sweet sixteen....cuz if they can get there, watch out.....one of the most under-sized teams in the land beat one of the bigger/more physical teams in the country - regardless of how it happened....anything can happen in the ACC!! As far as the UNC shooting/turnovers, there was another team there playing defense too....

Duke and Tennessee are the best teams that lack size yet can play very well through that adversity. Now that Duke has gone into UNC and beaten them with their lack of strength and size, I look even more forward to the UT/Memphis matchup when UT visits the Tigers. I think they will have gained confidence after watching Duke succeed. I think this game will be a great one to catch.