PHHS

trav89

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

mike compton was at phhs yesterday.walking the halls.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have him!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he has great sucess there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone had a change of heart...

In order to have a successful program you have to have the kids come out for the sport. Regardless initially what people think of Compton's coaching skills, I think he gets participation out of the kids. What high school kid wouldnt want to play for a former Super Bowl champion? I think it would be a great move for any program in this area to hire him.

That's a wonderful thought except you have to actually coach the kids. There is a thing in the coaching profession called paying your dues and going to the super bowl is a great thing but its not paying your dues. Also if this effect is so great why was Tazewell 0-10. Just because a guy was a former NFL player does not make him head coach material. I'm sure he's a great guy and will make a great coach one day but playing and coaching are two totally different things.

If you are going to get caught up in "paying your dues" then hopefully you arent the one hiring. Just because a coach hasnt been a head coach before doesnt mean he isnt capable and the best for the job, in any sport. Just as you said, you have to coach the kids and it seems as if you are suggesting passing up a candidate because he hasnt "paid his dues" is the right thing to do then you may just miss out on a very knowledgable and capable young coach some day.

I dont have a dog in this fight and have never even seen PH play football, but for a program with NO recent winning history at all and a reported lack of interest from students, to pass on a Super Bowl champion as their head coach would be a bold move. Not necessarily the wrong move, but a bold one at that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have him!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, a change of heart would have involved a statement like....."please dont go" or "OUr program cant survive without you". Wishing someone the best of luck is by no means a change of heart.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have him!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, a change of heart would have involved a statement like....."please dont go" or "OUr program cant survive without you". Wishing someone the best of luck is by no means a change of heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say what you really feel.....you are being nice, and that is just unlike you tidbit.lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have him!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say what you really feel.....you are being nice, and that is just unlike you tidbit.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading alot of womens magazines trying to get in touch with my femine side. LOL That is making me alot nicer person.

I have no dog in this fight either, and i never said that you had to be a head coach to get a head coaching job. Paying your dues means learning the game of high school football, proving you can coach the kids and being successful with below average to mediocre talent. There's not going to be a winning formula hiding inside that ring. If I had to hire for a head coaching position and an assistant from an 0-10 team applied NFL or not I have to say learn a little then come see me. The NFL is not high school and vice versa. And as far as the super bowl champion thing goes it hasn't been working for t-town has it?

Interest my man, interest! Get more athletes out, better results SHOULD follow. As for your assessment of the lack of winning at Tazewell since he has been there, are you going to pin that on ONE assistant coach or the head coach? Did him going to Tazewell make that ENTIRE team worse? I believe the head coach went to the State playoffs a few years ago so he didnt just forget how to coach all of a sudden? Using your logic in your last post and if assistants are that high on your list, then what does it matter if the HEAD COACH can coach or not? If he hires top assistants thats all that should matter, right?

Without getting each and every athlete out at PH nobody will win year in and year out. Thats the same story that is spreading through SWVA school nowadays.

[ QUOTE ]

That's a wonderful thought except you have to actually coach the kids. There is a thing in the coaching profession called paying your dues and going to the super bowl is a great thing but its not paying your dues. Also if this effect is so great why was Tazewell 0-10. Just because a guy was a former NFL player does not make him head coach material. I'm sure he's a great guy and will make a great coach one day but playing and coaching are two totally different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because with Compton they were 1-9 and not 0-10 like it made a differance.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because with Compton they were 1-9 and not 0-10 like it made a differance.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is the greatest thing since sliced bread and would be a perfect fit at PH. Please hire him! You guys need him desperately! Many Tazewell fans will personally write a letter of recommendation for him!

i was using your logic when you made the statement about playing for a former nfl/super bowl champion and him getting kids out. Building a program comes from superior organization not reputation....Oh and if the hc at taz didn't forget to coach maybe what he needs to do is hire some high quality assistants (in your words) to help him win. I was just responding to the comment you made in your original post about the effect of an nfl guy and If it's that great i would assume it would have had some effect on the bulldogs. I will now close the subject on this as it has been carried too far and i'm getting sleepy.

[ QUOTE ]

Why isn't he at Richlands instead of Tazewell anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Richlands has long been the school in Taz co that gets pretty much what they want. The powers that be have made sure of that since the days of woodygate. So the only logical explanation for your question is....they didnt want him. Maybe they know something. I mean, they seem to be pretty successful down there at Richlands. Of course the higher ups have made sure of that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Richlands has long been the school in Taz co that gets pretty much what they want. The powers that be have made sure of that since the days of woodygate. So the only logical explanation for your question is....they didnt want him. Maybe they know something. I mean, they seem to be pretty successful down there at Richlands. Of course the higher ups have made sure of that.

[/ QUOTE ]phhs is growing,ph is a big single a school. all we need is a postive coach to get red necks out to play like they used to and win...............

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well from what ive heard hes an excellent coach,but never was given a chance to show what he can do.wyatts a know it all.and i was told he doesnt even watch film on his opponents.now that doesnt make much sense to me.oh yeah,maybe he knows every teams playbook.lol

I have absolutely no knowledge of Coach Wyatt. I know that Tazewell is typically competetive and had some excellent offensive line play during Coach Litz's and Coach Colobro's tenure there. This year Taz had some decent athletes o-line play not so good.you get the worst athletes to make an oline so that is where you put your best coach. Two pieces to the winning puzzle blocking and tackling. watching film or not they didn't have a whole lot of either....

I never post on this site but your assumptions or what you were TOLD are so far from true and demoralizing towards Wyatts character that you need to know that your comments are from true and it shows a little something about your character to post something you were TOLD rather than something you know. No the 1-9 and record did not show the hard work himself and the COACHING STAFF, that he listens to, put into last season but they watch game film and work hard for that team. Now why dont you post something else about Wyatt so it can show your inmaturity.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]phhs is growing,ph is a big single a school. all we need is a postive coach to get red necks out to play like they used to and win...............

[/ QUOTE ]

When was that? I have followed SWVA football for 30 years and have never known Patrick Henry to ever win anything consistantly......