trav89

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Compton is a good choice Scammell is questionable coming from the cd

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heared Scammel's CD and it is some of the best singing of Conway Twitty favorites I have heared in a long time. When he growls out that 'Hello Darlin' it almost makes you think Conway is still alive. Hit is so good that he could actually do one of them Caratoyota things in a bar.

[ QUOTE ]

Your Right I heared him at Bellows in Abington. he sung some billy Ray Cyphres along with back up singers Luther & Harlo and Barlo. I heared the Barteren Thethere is next

[/ QUOTE ]

Ifin he was at Bellers, he was singin with the help of Adolph Coors and Bud Wheeser. Forget the Bartles and James theater; the Grand old Opree is next!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Compton was the second choice they offered it to Dennis Vault and he turned it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dennis Vaught should never be considered to coach at any level, anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please elaborate...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Compton was the second choice they offered it to Dennis Vault and he turned it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you follow the history of Dennis Vaught two things have been established.....one he is a racist, as evidence of his 1989 firing at Patrick-Henry Roanoke. The other is that he is a cheater, and we all know about that in 1992. And if I remember correctly what finally did him in was telling his players to purposly injure opposing players. Is that enough elaboration?

NO NO NO I say that big music fesatville in bristol Rhym & ROOT I heard that was better than that Barteren theathre In Abington. The way hit is going at that place they wont let a man do anything in that one horse town. No Walmarts No fancy Billboard Signs No Big BOX stores . No wonder every man in that town is ill without a big BOX store would you not be upset.

your right. the principal at ph is long on names and short on knowledge. he hired ray gregory at abingdon. he couldn't teach special ed, but he is the golden boy administrator. He does what "they" tell him.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you follow the history of Dennis Vaught two things have been established.....one he is a racist, as evidence of his 1989 firing at Patrick-Henry Roanoke. The other is that he is a cheater, and we all know about that in 1992. And if I remember correctly what finally did him in was telling his players to purposly injure opposing players. Is that enough elaboration?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Vaught got fired from Lexington for the racist comments he made...could be wrong though...

Vaught was playing a game out in VA beach area and said he couldn't believe they were letting a bunch of N^&@$ beat them needless to say he had some black assistants and the rest is history......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Vaught got fired from Lexington for the racist comments he made...could be wrong though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he won the Division 2 state title at Lexington in 1988. In 1989 he moved on to PH-Roanoke, where if memory serves me correctly that incident happened in his very first game as coach. It was no later than the 4th game he coached there. And as someone else on here posted those remarks are what got him fired. He has shown class for a long time......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he won the Division 2 state title at Lexington in 1988. In 1989 he moved on to PH-Roanoke, where if memory serves me correctly that incident happened in his very first game as coach. It was no later than the 4th game he coached there. And as someone else on here posted those remarks are what got him fired. He has shown class for a long time......

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I knew Lexington was somehow involved just couldn't remember how exactly....

see hear is the thing. people make mistakes and people change. What he did was Wrong in a big way. But, he is a good football coach. He gets the kids to play. He wins. And last I've seen at Abingdon or PH winning hasn't been happening the past 10 years really. Yeah both teams have made the play offs once or twice, but there is no winning tradition at either school, That is what I think Dennis could bring to a program, regaurdless of what was said 20 years ago. Who cares what happened 20 years ago. He can still coach that game of football

No offense but I think Abingdon has turned things around the last couple of years. Through the Gregory fiasco I would say that the two seasons that were put together were a start of something that will be seen like this year every year. They were one game from the playoffs and at 7-3 were probably better than a couple of teams in their own district that got in with divisionals. I think the combo of Bowles and Ferris could be a winner if they stay together for quite a while.

[ QUOTE ]

see hear is the thing. people make mistakes and people change. What he did was Wrong in a big way. But, he is a good football coach. He gets the kids to play. He wins. And last I've seen at Abingdon or PH winning hasn't been happening the past 10 years really. Yeah both teams have made the play offs once or twice, but there is no winning tradition at either school, That is what I think Dennis could bring to a program, regaurdless of what was said 20 years ago. Who cares what happened 20 years ago. He can still coach that game of football

[/ QUOTE ]

People make mistakes, true...but he was allowed to make mistake....after mistake....after mistake...I don't think anybody mentioned the incident with the middle school kid at Richlands on here either??...He may know x's and o's, but he has no business to be in a position to influence young people.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he is a douchebag who has had 3 strikes already. Just because you have the ability to win a few football games shouldn't give you another chance when everytime you are given that chance you do something stupid and blow it and embarass yourself and your community.