Virginia Tech vs. New York Yankees

MavsRock

Anyone heard about this?

My dad told me last night that the Yankees will play Tech in Blacksburg for an exibition sometime this spring. It's supposed to be a fund-raiser for the Tech Memorial fund.

yea when i was blacksburg this past weekend I went into a college bookstore thay had hats with both logos on it and tee-shirts advertiseing the game. It will take place March 18, in Blacksburg but i think only the students are going...

I'm planning a trip up to the New York this summer so I can catch a game before they tear down Yankee stadium. I am in no way a Yankees fan, I hate them just as much as the Patriots, but there is so much tradition in that stadium that I would like to experience before they get rid of it.

OK we can seriously do it. We can get a couple people do to it. Me, you, Beavertail, Rocks, KH, anyone else who wants to. My plans are to hit up Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, and either on the way up or down, depending on how the schedules fall, I am going to Fenway for a game too. That would be an ultimate trip for a baseball fan.

It's only 560 miles away. I MapQuested it and it says 9 hours and 7 minutes, but I believe we could make it a little bit quicker than that! (Especially if we can get vthokies4life to drive us! grin.gif LOL Juuuust kidding!)

[ QUOTE ]

OK we can seriously do it. We can get a couple people do to it. Me, you, Beavertail, Rocks, KH, anyone else who wants to. My plans are to hit up Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, and either on the way up or down, depending on how the schedules fall, I am going to Fenway for a game too. That would be an ultimate trip for a baseball fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fuking hate the yankees with a passion....

I'm kinda a redsox fan, HUGE braves fan. So I wouldnt mind going and watching a game at the Green Monster

[ QUOTE ]

It's only 560 miles away. I MapQuested it and it says 9 hours and 7 minutes, but I believe we could make it a little bit quicker than that! (Especially if we can get vthokies4life to drive us! grin.gif LOL Juuuust kidding!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Har... Har... Har... Nice shot buddy. Hahaha.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I would love to go, and Im 21 if that would persuade you at all. haha j/k But, seriously I would be willing to go.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I would love to go, and Im 21 if that would persuade you at all. haha j/k But, seriously I would be willing to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to make a trip, and if the schedules fall accordingly to where it is possible and if I can get a little bit of money someway or another, I would do it!

But we all have fake i.d.'s so there won't be any need for your assistance! LOL... But seriously, if we do it you can roll too...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to make a trip, and if the schedules fall accordingly to where it is possible and if I can get a little bit of money someway or another, I would do it!

But we all have fake i.d.'s so there won't be any need for your assistance! LOL... But seriously, if we do it you can roll too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont feel needed haha. Not that I would do that anyway. Just let me know if yall get some definite plans together.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What game are we watching this summer? The reds and who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reds vs. Padres, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything with the Reds and I am in.... I go down to Great American Ballpark at least twice a summer... this year is going to be the first time I have ever got to go to opening day (I CANT WAIT) I have been listening to there spring trainig games on the radio and my family always orders the baseball package...today will be a interesting spring training game, Homer is pitchin...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything with the Reds and I am in.... I go down to Great American Ballpark at least twice a summer... this year is going to be the first time I have ever got to go to opening day (I CANT WAIT) I have been listening to there spring trainig games on the radio and my family always orders the baseball package...today will be a interesting spring training game, Homer is pitchin...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed that a lot of people form Buchanan County are Reds fans, and then in Tazewell, Russell, Wise, and Mercer couty there are a lot of Braves fans.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed that a lot of people form Buchanan County are Reds fans, and then in Tazewell, Russell, Wise, and Mercer couty there are a lot of Braves fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its pretty even in Buchanan on Reds/Braves fans and there is also alot of Yankee fans in the county...