SWD Basketball All Distrist Teams

bluesfans

here it is from the Bristol Herald Courier.

Player of the year-Ben Mulkey(richlands)

Coach Of the year-BJ Lasley(Abingdon)

1st team-Thom Mosley(sr, Abingdon) Jacob Singleton(C.C., sr.) Cody Biliter(sr. Grundy) Gavin Roe(so., Marion) Ben Mulkey (Richlands, sr.)

2nd team-Nate Baker(abingdon, sr.) Travis Green( C.C., sr.) Seth Hill(C.C.,Sr. J.D. Hunter(Graham,Sr.) Jason Palmer(Graham, Jr.) Jordan Barnett(Richlands,Sr.)

Honorable Mention

Abingdon-Tyler Bailey,Ross Ellis, Colby Hunt, Brandon Ketron

C.C.-Brett Rogers

Graham-Jordan Bryan, J.K. Goins

Grundy-D.J. Gelentser, Derek Hess, Bobby Peck, Joseph Stevens

Marion-Brock Hanna, Matt Noe

Richlands-Ethian Keene, Gunner McGee, Chris Nickolas

Tazewell-Jarred Angles, Quentin Harris, Jeremiah Jessie, Jordan Jones, Darrell Wess

Congrats. there was a lot of typo's in the paper i hope i corrected it.

Thanks for posting this. It looks like a fair representation of at least the 1st and 2nd team. Congrats to all these young men. I believe this is the first in at least 3-4 years that the POY didn't come from Grundy.

I think either player would have been deserving of the award. Mulkey is a great shooter who is becoming a better player. His teams offense is geared 100% for him, meaning he is getting play after play set up for him, and rightfully so because when he is on, he doesnt miss.

Cody gets his baskets on fast breaks, rebounds, and just out muscling people to the rim. Grundy has an offense that isnt geared towards any one player. Its more of a motion offense, when they run it. And Cody's primary concern is baseball. He puts a lot of time into it and is still able to compete at a very high level on the court too.

I dont think MVP's should be based purely on PPG's though. Take the kid from Drake this year who is, or is going to be, his conference MVP. He averages 7 ppg. But on the high school level points get you in the paper. There isnt nationally televised games so everybody can see the little things you are doing on the court for a team.

Either way though, I think both Ben and Cody had a good argument for POY and I dont think either one was a bad decision.

Mulkey is a great player dont get me wrong but I think Cody deserved more. He averaged more points then Mulkey this year if im not mistaking and Grundy beat Richlands both times where in both of those games Cody B. had over 20 points and Mulkey didnt get 20 points in either of those games. Im not saying Mulkey is a bad player i mean hes really good but I think Cody B. deserved it more.

Yes they did miss a couple this year. Brett Rogers

should have been aleast 2nd team. He was the most

athethic player in the conference this year. He had

a lot better year than Travis Green did. He certainly

had a better year than the two Graham kids did.

Check out Brett's stats.

The problem is, when the coaches get together to vote for all district players, most don't go in with the mind set of identifying the 10 best. Many coaches think it is their responsibility to do what they can to get their kids in. A coach should fight for his kids, but only if he truly thinks they are legitament 1st or 2nd teams kids.

I agree with that completely. I think that to many times that coaches are only concern about how they can get their player on the team. They need to vote for the best players not their schools in the county. I think that Tazewell County school are extremely guilt of this when it come to all district voting

sorry but i have to disagree on that one i think ben should def get it cody is just a one man player he doesnt take his basketball carrer to serious i def think ben mulkey should get it.. ben actually plays team ball not like cody i dont care what you people say on here cody and do all this but i def go to all of the games and the only reason why he gets so much points is because dj and bobby always gives the ball alway so yeah umm that is the only reason and because he gets the rebounds and fast breaks so yeah well all im saying is ben mulkey def should get it not CODY

its funny how you talk so much crap on here but you never say it to my face...so if you have anything to say about last years basketball season come to my face.... it is just stupid that people are being sore losers b/c i was the only one named first team...

umm whatever you are just mad you didnt get player of the year so get over it cody you suck ben got it and you are just mad.. it takes more then one to make a team.. and yeah somebody was saying that you looked up at the score board at the richlands game and said i made all those yeah right cody you are getting those points because you are a ball hog and you werent the only one to make those points if that was the case then richlands would have won.. just get over it cody you aint all.. and if i remember correcty #20 got the most points in the abingdon game so yeah and i do remember when you came out of the locker room (at the last game) nobody did anything but when #20 and #12 came out everybody clapped so yeah nobody likes you get over that.... and yeah you think you are all that.. you are the one that didnt get the 1000 point so get over it and #12 got the crown not you so yeah remember that the students had that one so nobody likes you.. try to be nicer to people and you might get the respect you want

it is just really funny that you run your mouth on here but its a different story ever were else...i guess your right i didnt fit in at grundy basketball..lol i just didnt make 12 look like the star ever body thought he was going to be this year....i like every player on grundys team i cant help it that i had a better year than 20 and 12 im not going to suck in a game just to make someone look good...and all i was playing for this year is to win..something every body else has forgot!!!! and just b/c someone didnt make first or second team that doesnt make them a bad player so please stop wasting my time...

yea dude.. its kinda hard to not get the ball all the time when theres only 2 other guys that know what there doin... i think cody shoulda got it... mulkey is a hell of a player but i still think cody shouldve got it