Patrick Henry Coaching staff

Cornholio

I heard from somebody in the know today that Mike Compton was already filling his coaching staff with a nice blend of old PH grads and some buddies from RHS and THS. You will see Snake Palmer and Ronnie Davis from RHS; Jerry Smith from THS, former RHS players and current PH coaches Jon Boyd and Brandon Blankenship, and former PH grads and coaches Sanders Henderson and Brian Johnson.

one of my friends coaches at ph and he said that they were changing culture up there. if they get those boys from richlands then all they will need is hank jr to kick off the season-r u ready for some football

[ QUOTE ]

I heard from somebody in the know today that Mike Compton was already filling his coaching staff with a nice blend of old PH grads and some buddies from RHS and THS. You will see Snake Palmer and Ronnie Davis from RHS; Jerry Smith from THS, former RHS players and current PH coaches Jon Boyd and Brandon Blankenship, and former PH grads and coaches Sanders Henderson and Brian Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, they've already given him the authority to hire who he wants? I don't think so, not his decision. This is not a professional franchise we're talking about here...where the coach can hand-pick who he wants. If that truly IS the situation, then something's not right with the hiring practices at that school.

do head coaches have a say in who gets hired...yes, at most schools. Do head coaches hand pick everyone they want...no, not at most small schools. Compton will be limited to those already on staff and any teaching openings the school has for next year (which at this point are none). If all of those people mentioned are going to PH, then they are going without teaching positions. If they teach in another district, then they will not receive coaching stipends. And for whomever said Brian Johnson is going back to coach at PH is an idiot (if it was meant seriously). Johnson is the Principal at the technical school, and I seriously doubt he is going to take a pay cut to move back into the class room just so he can be an assistant coach at PH. Also, keep in mind that their isn't a single person in all of Washington County that thinks the Principal has the slightest interest in football.

[ QUOTE ]

do head coaches have a say in who gets hired...yes, at most schools. Do head coaches hand pick everyone they want...no, not at most small schools. Compton will be limited to those already on staff and any teaching openings the school has for next year (which at this point are none). If all of those people mentioned are going to PH, then they are going without teaching positions. If they teach in another district, then they will not receive coaching stipends. And for whomever said Brian Johnson is going back to coach at PH is an idiot (if it was meant seriously). Johnson is the Principal at the technical school, and I seriously doubt he is going to take a pay cut to move back into the class room just so he can be an assistant coach at PH. Also, keep in mind that their isn't a single person in all of Washington County that thinks the Principal has the slightest interest in football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cornholio may be ignorant but he ain't an idiot!

he will have to work with the coaches already on staff. no way around that........on the other hand what will he do will he be a spread team, or a power running team? groves could do anything QB or TB. what about defense? any ideas?