WV State Tournament Updates...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

WE won and it sounds like it was an officials win too. They called 35 fouls on Logan and only 16 on WE. WE won this game at the line outscoring Logan by 19 there. I hope Bluefield's game doesn't turn into one of those.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

WE won and it sounds like it was an officials win too. They called 35 fouls on Logan and only 16 on WE. WE won this game at the line outscoring Logan by 19 there. I hope Bluefield's game doesn't turn into one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! I thought Bluefield was the only team in the state that gets screwed like that.

I know they got screwed out of a championship when they played Ravenswood in 2006. Ponder this for a minute....33 foul shots for Ravenswood, 1 for Bluefield. Are you shitting me? That was a terrible game. We had them beat and we started to try to slow things down. Combined with that and terrible calls, they were able to come back and beat us. Dammit...now I am pissed off.

[ QUOTE ]

I know they got screwed out of a championship when they played Ravenswood in 2006. Ponder this for a minute....33 foul shots for Ravenswood, 1 for Bluefield. Are you shitting me? That was a terrible game. We had them beat and we started to try to slow things down. Combined with that and terrible calls, they were able to come back and beat us. Dammit...now I am pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there and remember it well. I was hard pressed to find a high school game in where one team got screwed that bad by the officials. I think I remember that officiating crew being from Ohio is what one of the teachers told me in the stands after the game.

I remember the championship game against Poca in '97 when Poca committed six fouls FOR THE GAME!!! Yubrenal got hammered to the deck in the third period as he was driving to the basket and no foul call. Talk about one sided, but the Ravenswood game was worse.

[ QUOTE ]

I was hard pressed to find a high school game in where one team got screwed that bad by the officials.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the 2005 basketball season, Bluefield lost to Wyoming East in the Coal Classic in double overtime. Wyoming East shot 56 to Bluefield's 11. 32 in the state title is a large margin, but 45 is even worse...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I was hard pressed to find a high school game in where one team got screwed that bad by the officials.

[/ QUOTE ]

During the 2005 basketball season, Bluefield lost to Wyoming East in the Coal Classic in double overtime. Wyoming East shot 56 to Bluefield's 11. 32 in the state title is a large margin, but 45 is even worse...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I was not at that one, but that is worse.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I was not at that one, but that is worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

56 to 11 is only a 5 to 1 margin...32 to 1 is much worse...

Beckley just defeated #2 Capital, the preseason favorites in AAA this season. Beckley will be playing for their 16 state championship tomorrow night against #1 seeded South Charleston. Beckley has had a down year by their standards, but they're back to Championship Saturday in Charleston. It's pretty amazing considering they lost two starters back in January due to grades...