VT-UNC going to the wire...

GMan

tech put up a good fight today, they really need a big win for the resume to get into the ncaa tourney and they just about got it today. If im not mistaken they are like 1-6 vs rpi top 25 which may been the killer for them tomar...

very good game I really believe that they are one of the best 64 but it will be a wait and see...i fear for you tech fans they may be one of the last two or three left out...but maybe not...good game none the less.

Guest JJBrickface

VT is in. They are fourth place in the ACC, Miami who is in fifth has a better overall record. I dont see them only putting in 4 ACC teams.

It was a great game to watch. There was no quit in either team. I hated that he made that shot, but you got to hand it to the player of the year. He just makes play after play. Greenburg made a great comment after the game we he said that the ACC of dominated the challange with the Big Ten year after year, so how can people talk about a fifth team out of that conference getting in and not a fifth team from the ACC which has the number one RPI rating for conferences.

Drive me nuts that both my teams lost today in the final two seconds of their games. AHHHHH!

I am a VT fan but i knew that them having the lead wouldnt last the etire game. Tech is a very young team and has a bright future which excites me. UNC is just too good of a team.

VT deserves to be in the Field of 65. If the Big Ten gets five teams and the ACC doesn't it'll be the biggest injustice this year in college basketball. The ACC owned the Big Ten in hoops this year. The ACC is #1 in the committee's precious RPI ratings and the Big Ten is #6.

I am sorry, but Tyler "Walksalot" Hansborough's little dance-run down the court made me crack up. I know he had just hit a huge game winning shot, but he looked like a retard running down the court. LOL.

That is a video of the last 20 seconds of the game.

Wow...he looked funny as hell.

[ QUOTE ]

VT deserves to be in the Field of 65. If the Big Ten gets five teams and the ACC doesn't it'll be the biggest injustice this year in college basketball. The ACC owned the Big Ten in hoops this year. The ACC is #1 in the committee's precious RPI ratings and the Big Ten is #6.

[/ QUOTE ]

If (this) year you think the aCC is the best conference in bball you are really mistaken...just really top heavy with carolina duke,,,however I agree tech is one of the best 64 teams in nation.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If (this) year you think the aCC is the best conference in bball you are really mistaken...just really top heavy with carolina duke,,,however I agree tech is one of the best 64 teams in nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC proved every night this season that any team could beat the other one, no matter what. The league is based on who you play, where you play them, and when you play them. No cupcakes or gimmie games top to bottom.

Who is the best conference in your opinion?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC proved every night this season that any team could beat the other one, no matter what. The league is based on who you play, where you play them, and when you play them. No cupcakes or gimmie games top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

wvuraiders = Big East

Joe Lunardi put it best last night. He said that VT probably is one of the best 65 teams in the country, but with 31 teams getting automatic bids, he isnt sure VT is one of the best remaining 34. The tournament doesnt select the best 65 teams, they select the best 34 when it's all said and done.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wvuraiders = Big East

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I would give the chance for him to pick a conference other then the Big East before I gave futher rebuttle against his claim.