Grundy vs. Graham

Irock54

I do not think Carroll County has much room to talk about someones stadium or field. The lights in their stadium are so dark, it hides how bad the field surface really is. Do you still have to walk the mile and half back to to the school for the vistors to dress? They should let them dress in Floyd County, it would be closer. Like I said before, you can not play soccer on a field that slopes to the sidelines. If I remember right, I think Abingdon took their crown off their field last year. I do not think Grundy or anyone else is going to redo their field for a coed recreation team playing a jv schedule.

I could care less about the field in grundy. I just do not think it is right not to let a team play because you are worried about the grass on a field. But it is okay I am done with this and I know that I will not be able to change peoples mind about this but I needed to voice it. Good Luck to Grundy with their new program and I hope you find a field.

Not if coach rowe has anything to do with it we wont..

but Riverview doesnt have a field.

its dirt & its not anywhere near regulation size..

check your facts buddy.

we have just as much right to use the field at the high school as you do. =)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry James but the school budget to take care of the field is tax money. You are right if it was not for the money that the Football team brings in then we would not have a team like we do now. But the field maintenance comes from tax money. It is a shame that grass on a field is more important then students getting to play a sport. From what I hear about Grundy's athletic field is that it does not have much grass on it anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

The money for field maintenance in CC may come from the school budget but that is not the case for every district. Football revenue pays the bills for the rest of the athletic programs at GHS. Coaches do the maintenance. Soccer has a practice field at Poplar Gap and if they wanted to play on the Riveriview field the coaches should do the maintenance on it. There won't be any soccer played on GHS's football field.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure about that?

Poplar Gap as no soccer field & Riverview doesnt have to let the soccer team practice on its field. Grundy does.

& the coaches specifically dont do the maintence.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry James but the school budget to take care of the field is tax money. You are right if it was not for the money that the Football team brings in then we would not have a team like we do now. But the field maintenance comes from tax money. It is a shame that grass on a field is more important then students getting to play a sport. From what I hear about Grundy's athletic field is that it does not have much grass on it anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

The money for field maintenance in CC may come from the school budget but that is not the case for every district. Football revenue pays the bills for the rest of the athletic programs at GHS. Coaches do the maintenance. Soccer has a practice field at Poplar Gap and if they wanted to play on the Riveriview field the coaches should do the maintenance on it. There won't be any soccer played on GHS's football field.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure about that?

Poplar Gap as no soccer field & Riverview doesnt have to let the soccer team practice on its field. Grundy does.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take a look at my post that you quoted, I said Poplar Gap has a PRACTICE field and IF they wanted to use Riverview for a soccer field the coaches should do the maintenance. And yes, coaches do the maintenance on the football field. Do you go to GHS? Really?

[ QUOTE ]

If it is like most places, they have a crown on the field so that it will drain. You can not play soccer on a field that slopes to the sidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, its just inconvenient. if i were grundy, id want to give other teams every disadvantage i could.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you take a look at my post that you quoted, I said Poplar Gap has a PRACTICE field and IF they wanted to use Riverview for a soccer field the coaches should do the maintenance. And yes, coaches do the maintenance on the football field. Do you go to GHS? Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i go to Grundy. Do you?

since they have done the blasting poplar gap doesnt have a practice field there buddy. & the soccer coaches cant do anything to the field at riverview because its not our field. its a privilege for us to get to even play at riverview.

Coach P does maintence.

& if im not mistaking, thats part of his job as PE teacher, even though i could be wrong.

If he is a PE teacher, his job is not mowing grass. Riverveiw is also one of the county schools if I am not mistaken, they have to let you use it, it was designed for soccer. I talked to some people at work, and they claim there is also a field beside the baseball field. Leave it to a chick to try to explain something she has no clue what she is talking about. Does Grundy not teach Home Economics? Take that and put it to use in the real world.

[ QUOTE ]

If he is a PE teacher, his job is not mowing grass. Riverveiw is also one of the county schools if I am not mistaken, they have to let you use it, it was designed for soccer. I talked to some people at work, and they claim there is also a field beside the baseball field. Leave it to a chick to try to explain something she has no clue what she is talking about. Does Grundy not teach Home Economics? Take that and put it to use in the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nephew coaches varsity football in Georgia and I've seen him mowing--- sometimes it is one of the "perks" of the job.

Okay i know for a fact coach plymal does every bit of that work on the football field but, I remember when they just started a little league soccer program and the didnt have anywhere to play so they took over the football field at poplar gap which was used for little league football (that was when they had one) and now you want to use the highschool football field? Let me break it down like this. Football has there own field, Baseball has there own field, Softball has there own field (yes i know we dont have a team this year), basketball has there own gym. You get where im going lol. Im all for the soccer program but you need your own field.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this?

next time you think of speaking, dont. beacuse you have no idea what you are talking about.

Riverview's field wasn't designed for soccer. It's only about 1/3 of the size of a regular field. I'm not sure what the field beside the baseball field is used for so i'm not going to say anything.

how about you take some lessons?

you need to know what you're talking about before you talk smack.

& what's your problem with chicks any way?

are you gay?

wink.gif