Grundy vs. Graham

Irock54

Heard the same thing. Only going to field a jv team, made up with 8th graders up to 12th graders, girls and boys. Only question I have, If you are going to build a team for the future, why use seniors on it?

If you are in a position to schedule games, then I assume you could also call the school and athletic director to find out about the teams. CALL THE SCHOOL IF YOU WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE!

Playing Varsity would help the 9th and 10th graders just as much as playing jv....the speed of the game would be very difficult to get used to, but it would help them improve

sorry but we just do not want to lose two games if you do not have a Varsity team. Our AD will take care of it. If you do not have 16 games then some of them could be JV games as well. As long as a player does not play over 16 reg. season games.

No rule against varsity playing against JV.... I've seen several games like that. It does count towards your overall record. However, if it is a district game, it doesn't count towards district records. The only question is, do they play 30 minute or 40 minute halves and usually that is left up to the coaches. (I've actually been involved with a few of these JV vs. Varsity games...when Auburn only fielded a JV team and played a couple of varsity teams on their schedule...I don't recall them having any seniors however, but they did have a couple of juniors) Also, our varsity played Carroll County's JV one year, when Carroll accidentally scheduled too many varsity games. We started our regularsin that one. ...but when the game got out of hand pretty quickly, we benched them and played only freshmen and sophomores the rest of the way.

I never said that Varsity could not play against JV. I said that 8th graders can not play on a team with 11th and 12th graders. 8th graders are not allowed to play on a varsity team and 11th and 12th graders can not play on a JV team.

[ QUOTE ]

a virginia high school league rule. yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you Show me that rule?

Everyone thats looked for it has never found it. so im seriously questioning if its even there.

A JV team is supposed to be like a B team.

It may be an unspoken rule but who can inforce an unspoken rule??

I think it is a more "common sense rule" than a vhsl rule. No one in their right mind would put eighth graders on a field with seniors, just for safety issues. Can you imagine a hold back senior 19 years old playing against a regular 13 year old eighth grader? What parent on the other team that has all jv age kids would allow this to happen. Call it B team or whatever, why would you play seniors on a team you are trying to build for the future, by playing jv? What are you guys putting in the water down there? Just wanting enough out to have a team is one thing, but playing with kids 5 or 6 years older and still getting beat. Someone needs to take a step back and evaluate what he heck is going on.

Well the water down here is fine for one thing i don't think 19 year olds can play high school sports not to sure on that one and even if we have seniors on our team there not even 18 so technically there like juniors and we only got beat because we have no experience what so ever and i am sure if you would have watched the game you would know what i am talking about.

There you go again about not knowing what you are talking about. You maybe 19 and play if your birth date is beyond a set time. That rule is in your vhsl rule book. Second, any sport that plays boys and girls together is no more than a rec league sport. Does your local recreation department not have room for you guys to play in their league? Third, is that experience that those seniors got going to help the team in years to come? Fourth, how do you explain to the other teams in the district at the last minute you are fielding only a jv team when the schedules had you guys playing varsity. Now each district team has to find two more games. I guess each school ad needs the experience scheduling games.

well all our ad cares about is football thats it even our baskteball schedules were not even fair to us. We don't have a local recreation deparment here either and our seniors really have no experience either so there all learning together.

You still do not get it. The other schools are the ones that are paying the price, because they are two games short and finding two games this late is near impossible. You get the experience and the other schools get cheated playing time because of it. What sportsmanship you guys have.