Grundy vs. Graham

Irock54

now whats in your water? whatever u just said i guess but we do try our best to show our sportsmanship but we can't help it that if our school thinks soccer is gay and nobody will play all they care about here is football and wrestling so were sorry we messed up everyones schedules and cost u all 2 games this season

apparently you must not know...but those soccer players could be kickers for the football team...so because they arent playing football we are comi's

Ok, I just want to clear up some things about the Grundy soccer team. Irock has no IDEA!!! what he is talking about. They have seniors on the team because the coaches did not want to leave them out in the cold. There are three of them but only one has exp. the other two are new. There aren't enough boys for a varsity and only a third of the team has enough exp. to compete on most teams level. Our team is new and we are trying to cacth up. We are sorry about the 2 games we would fill in for you if we could.

[ QUOTE ]

Get use to it, football is king in southwest virginia. It is like that at every school.

comi kickball = soccer

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because all of the rednecks around here are ignorant about soccer and don't understand or appreciate the sport or anything else that deviates from what they're used to.

[ QUOTE ]

why dont you go ahead and "evaluate what the heck is going on" for us all. im not following what you see as being so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think i have a good idea since i leave down here. There on the right path trying to build a soccer program but there doing it litte werid.

1. Girls and Boys should not play on the same team on the varsity level...no questions asked.

2. IMO you shoud have a field before you have a team. They have a perfect spot right beside Riverview elem/midd. school, plenty room and the kids at the younger level would maybe get more interst by playing it during break but there would have to be alot of work done to the field.

I like the idea but i think it should be runned a little bit better..

maybe its time for a real sport. LOL just kidding football. but the parents of the soccer team pay just as many taxes as the football team. If I was the parents I would on the school board about it. I would not stop there either

[ QUOTE ]

they have field it is called an athletic field or the boneheads call it a football field. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the football goalposts permanent or removable??? If they are permanent, then its a football field...

Thank you! finally someone agrees with us.

The football players dont use the freakin' field now anyway..why cant we use it?

its not turf or anything

& its not like its gonna help them win any games anyway.

haha

If it WAS turf you'd have a much better chance of being able to use it. I dont ever see it happening though. Not in the near future anyway. Throw some bleachers up at Riverview and be happy that you have a place to play.

[ QUOTE ]

maybe its time for a real sport. LOL just kidding football. but the parents of the soccer team pay just as many taxes as the football team. If I was the parents I would on the school board about it. I would not stop there either

[/ QUOTE ]

parents may pay taxes but probly none of that goes to the football team.. most schools football is self-supporting from the ticket prices of the games.. to fund-raising and boosters (actually football might be supporting the soccer team too so i don't think the soccer team can complain too much)

I am sorry James but the school budget to take care of the field is tax money. You are right if it was not for the money that the Football team brings in then we would not have a team like we do now. But the field maintenance comes from tax money. It is a shame that grass on a field is more important then students getting to play a sport. From what I hear about Grundy's athletic field is that it does not have much grass on it anyway. That is why America is like it is they have their priorities in the wrong place sometimes. Our team does not even mess up the field but we are the ones blamed for the spots of dirt on the field. I am not saying anything but it is funny how the spots are about every five to ten yards apart and the worst spot is about 18 yards from the back of the endzone.

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry James but the school budget to take care of the field is tax money. You are right if it was not for the money that the Football team brings in then we would not have a team like we do now. But the field maintenance comes from tax money. It is a shame that grass on a field is more important then students getting to play a sport. From what I hear about Grundy's athletic field is that it does not have much grass on it anyway. That is why America is like it is they have their priorities in the wrong place sometimes. Our team does not even mess up the field but we are the ones blamed for the spots of dirt on the field. I am not saying anything but it is funny how the spots are about every five to ten yards apart and the worst spot is about 18 yards from the back of the endzone.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea that's true i'm not complaining about the spots on the field or whatever..but it's just the money is where football has the say on it i guess. and yea if i were grundy i wouldn't be complaining about not being able to play on that field i'd say playing soccer on that would look like that football game the steelers played at heinz where the ball got stuck in the mud, it's that bad

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry James but the school budget to take care of the field is tax money. You are right if it was not for the money that the Football team brings in then we would not have a team like we do now. But the field maintenance comes from tax money. It is a shame that grass on a field is more important then students getting to play a sport. From what I hear about Grundy's athletic field is that it does not have much grass on it anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

The money for field maintenance in CC may come from the school budget but that is not the case for every district. Football revenue pays the bills for the rest of the athletic programs at GHS. Coaches do the maintenance. Soccer has a practice field at Poplar Gap and if they wanted to play on the Riveriview field the coaches should do the maintenance on it. There won't be any soccer played on GHS's football field.

thanks for setting us straight traveler. Like I said before putting grass in front of students playing a sport. Good Job. I think they are afraid of Soccer winning more then the football team did. Is that the real reason, deep down inside you know it is.