NBA Playoffs

swvasport_7

Anybody been keeping the basketball playoffs so far? Most team are only one game into there first round seris. The Sixers had a big upset in Detroit on Sunday nite to take a early lead in the seris, i think that was the only lower seed team to win the first game in all of seris. I am a big Orlando fan, they looked pretty good on Sunday they had a 20 pt lead on the Raptors at the end of the first quarter and im pretty sure Dwight Howard had another 20 - 20 game.

I was glad to see the Pistons lose their first game. I have truly hated Detroit since the Bad Boys days with Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Salley, Rodman, and company

If James Worthy and Byron Scott was not injured back in 89, the Lakers would not have lost to the Pistons. Would have been a 3peat. I know, all the IFs?? I am just sayin smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If James Worthy and Byron Scott was not injured back in 89, the Lakers would not have lost to the Pistons. Would have been a 3peat. I know, all the IFs?? I am just sayin smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<Uncle Rico>Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.</Uncle Rico>

I've enjoyed the games so far. Spurs/suns the other night? Great game. I personally don't have a team that I pull for so I'm just watching all these great athletes play at the level that they are capable, and loving every minute of it.

The NBA playoffs is the only time I will even watch (or follow closely) the NBA. I haven't watched a single regular season game from start to finish since Jordan left the Bulls. The playoffs are the only time when teams and players give their full effort on the court. That's why it doesn't compare to college basketball.

I don't have a NBA team, but I would say LeBron is my favorite player. I want either the Cavs or the Celtics to win it all...

My interest started to decline in the NBA when 1) Sprewell got away with physically assaulting his coach and 2) George Shin started running the Hornets into the ground in Charlotte. I used to love going to the Hornet games in the early to mid 90's seeing Grandmama, Zo, Mugs, Curry, and the guys they played against. My most favorite game was the fantastic finale on April 23, 1993 when the Bulls were in town. We stayed at the same hotel as the Bulls and I got within five feet of Jordan, Pippen, and Co. as they walked through the hotel lobby on their way to the arena. Bill Cartwright was TALL!! I even met Phil Jackson the next morning and got his autograph on my ticket stub at the breakfast buffett. I remember Darrell Walker was sitting at the table next to me and he had on this really bad mustard color wilk suit with a watermelon color silk shirt. lol

I have not watched a game in probably ten years.

Guest JJBrickface

GO UTAH!!!

Really I have always been a Celtics fan but it sucks they so many people jumped on their bandwagon. I tried but I just cant get excited about them.

I love the way Utah plays, they play as a team and are fun to watch.

[ QUOTE ]

GO UTAH!!!

Really I have always been a Celtics fan but it sucks they so many people jumped on their bandwagon. I tried but I just cant get excited about them.

I love the way Utah plays, they play as a team and are fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in on that bandwagon. Well, actually I have become a Bill Simmons groupie lately, and his Boston loyalty has definitely rubbed off on me. If you don't know who Bill Simmons is, look him up on espn.com. He has a lot of good/funny stuff to say about sports in general, and combine that with his Boston loyalty, it makes for some phenomenal writing, as well as me personally having a bigger appreciation for sports in Boston.

But NBA playoffs. I would love to see Boston vs. L.A. I mean, take it old school. And by the way both of these teams are playing? It's looking good.

One more thing, that's definitely Simmon's pick; Celtics vs. Lakers. I know. It's lame. But it would be awesome to see.

[ QUOTE ]

watch for the silent dynasty...the Spurs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sir! Duncan has been my favorite player ever since he got into the league when I was about 8 years old. Ive just always loved watching him play. ESPN had a thing last year after they won another NBA title and they were saying how no one ever includes them in the dynasty/near dynasty ranks. Even the teams in the NBA and fans of always forget about San Antonio during the season and playoffs..just until they win it all or get to conference finals. Its funny.

I was a jordan fan and ever since he called it quit with the bulls....I've been off of the NBA wagon. I watched it and followed it religiously, but just mostly highlights and playoffs for me. I still root for the bulls, but didn't make it this year. Go CAVS!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. The playoffs have been amazing so far. Here's my thoughts so far.

1. I don't know which bandwagon I would rather drive, the Celtics or the Hornets. Both teams are so exciting to watch and I'm looking forward to how they do further on into the playoffs.

2. How about the pierce/James battle? They combined for 86 points in last nights game and battled back and forth like the old bird/Wilkins series. Which brings me to my next point...

3. Lebron has taken a lot of flak for comparing himself to dominique Wilkins, who, for the most part, lost. I have a hard time seeing lebron being one of our generation's best if he doesn't win or if he keeps comparing himself to somebody who didnt win either. Is that the mentality of one who would be a generation's best? I think not.

4. Lakers/Celtics in the final? That would be phenomenal.

Thoughts? I'd like to hear your reactions as well take your minds off the "worse convict school" argument for a while.

I might be a little biased, but I would like to see the Lakers/Celtics in the finals. Lakers have been my team since the early 80's

I am still unsure which team I would rather see the Lakers face in West Finals, but I would prefer the Hornets just bacause this is their first time this far in playoffs.

The Spurs experience plus their flopping abilities is 2nd to none LOL smile.gif

IF the Lakers make it to the finals, either team they face would be an old school rival from the 80's and 1990.

Celtics have really surprised me how they can not win on the road. This has to be unprecedented that a team with 66 wins in regular season does not win a road game in the first two rounds

dont be so sure...the Lakers should be mindful of what they have at hand now...with one of the leagues best defenders in Bruce Bowen more than likely guarding Kobe...the Spurs should have a pretty good shot...they are a very good team that knows how to win in the playoffs...they are the silent dynasty

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Spurs experience plus their flopping abilities is 2nd to none LOL smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

flopping???? haha the only one that really flops is Oberto

[/ QUOTE ]

Manu is pretty bad too. But the possibility of a Spurs/Pistons final is still alive. Crap.