Talk about hangtime...

hokie07

tyler-hansbrough-pool.jpg

frasor-jumps.jpg

If you haven't already seen these pictures, here is the already infamous pictures of Tyler Hansbrough and Bobby Frasor floating around the internet where they are jumping from a fraternity house. This has raised question to whether coaches should be able to control players in the off-season and put limits on their actions. I just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking on this situation.

My view is that it is the off-season, they are college students enjoying spring and the college life, let them do what they want!

They're college students who are in the off-season...let them do whatever. If they get hurt or whatever, then it's their fault and they will have to deal with it. They, as educated students, should be responsible enough to know what not to do to seriously jeopordize their playing.

[ QUOTE ]

They're college students who are in the off-season...let them do whatever. If they get hurt or whatever, then it's their fault and they will have to deal with it. They, as educated students, should be responsible enough to know what not to do to seriously jeopordize their playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, however, they are under "contract" with the school to play basketball.

I think schools should put a clause on all scholarships stating that if the student does something stupid to jeopardize his abilities to compete at his highest level for the athletic program, regardless of whether it is "in-season" or "off-season", that the scholarship may be revoked.

You would see fewer acts of stupidity...

Let em' live..

There are already so many rules for NCAA athletes by the NCAA, and even more by the coaches.

For example..

Filling out march madness brackets is a form of gambling and is considered illegal for athletes... No more than one player from any team is allowed to work in the same place and get paid...If an athlete begins to drive a car which the NCAA doesn't know about, they can get in trouble.. the list goes on and on

let em' live

[ QUOTE ]

Let em' live..

There are already so many rules for NCAA athletes by the NCAA, and even more by the coaches.

For example..

Filling out march madness brackets is a form of gambling and is considered illegal for athletes... No more than one player from any team is allowed to work in the same place and get paid...If an athlete begins to drive a car which the NCAA doesn't know about, they can get in trouble.. the list goes on and on

let em' live

[/ QUOTE ]

BS...giving up some of their freedoms is a small price to pay for a FREE EDUCATION...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Let em' live..

For example..

let em' live

[/ QUOTE ]

BS...giving up some of their freedoms is a small price to pay for a FREE EDUCATION...

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you...finally a voice of reason on this matter.

exactly Gman...its not all about the SPORTS as some of you seem to think...they are getting an education of their choice at a TOP QUALITY SCHOOL...I, for one, dont mind the rules and such imposed by the NCAA and NAIA (in my case) that prohibit student-athletes from doing certain things...remember they are STUDENTS first so in a way i agree and say let them live a little...but at the same time i disagree and say you must not let them "live" to this extent...

as am i...but i dont see the reasoning in having to go get drunk and jump off a second story balcony into a shallow swimming pool...yeah...they are gonna go to parties and get drunk..they are college students...but why do stupid stuff like this?

[ QUOTE ]

they are college students

[/ QUOTE ]

But they are also "employees" under "contract" (scholarship) to do their "job" (atlethics)...in the REAL WORLD, they'd be fired for such foolishness...

I think most would agree that college students are going to have their fun, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Where is the responsibility to your school, your team, and your teammates if you break your neck while jumping off of a balcony into an above-ground swimming pool? It's selfish and irresponsible.

[ QUOTE ]

as am i...but i dont see the reasoning in having to go get drunk and jump off a second story balcony into a shallow swimming pool...yeah...they are gonna go to parties and get drunk..they are college students...but why do stupid stuff like this?

[/ QUOTE ]why not? i bet it seemed like a good idea at the time haha