Abingdon - Hidden Valley Region IV

tbgfan

It has nothing to do with be able to beat HV. If Abingdon would have lost they still would have continued their season in the state tournament. Richlands and HV should have been playing in the finals not the semis. But there is nothing you can do about it, two very good teams played and the better team won that day.

No, HV should have been playing in the finals because they beat Richlands, therefore the correct teams were matched up. Be glad that your team got that far in their tournament, but dont downgrade another team as if it wasnt their spot to win.

[ QUOTE ]

Not to take away anything from Abingdon but does it not seem like Richlands got the short end of the deal this year when it came to parings?

[/ QUOTE ]

You play the "hand you were dealt".......

We should ALL be pulling for Abingdon to bring home the State Championship to the SWD....and I believe we are.

VA has this "one and done" system....here in GA it's double elimination in the playoffs.

I went to the state semis and saw Brookwood (5A)(Gwinnett Co.team) play earlier this week.(They were ranked #1 in the nation by USA Today earlier in the month but fell to #3.)

They played Walton (last yr. champion) yesterday and Brookwood took it in 2 backtoback games. However, on their path to the championship, they had to play a third game(always played the next day) against an opponent and Walton did too. The 4A and 1A state finals were going to a game 3 today due to a split yesterday to decide those championships. I would like someday to see this same system in VA.

Good luck Abingdon bring home the STATE Championship.

i think most high school teams are like that! agreed obrien is the best pitcher with the richlands pitcher and abingdon top gun being close behind.pitching is so important in baseball.if hv can make it to the championship game and have obrien left they have a chance.most high school teams will not have 2 great pitchers.

[ QUOTE ]

No, HV should have been playing in the finals because they beat Richlands, therefore the correct teams were matched up. Be glad that your team got that far in their tournament, but dont downgrade another team as if it wasnt their spot to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't downgrading them, he was just saying its strange that the #1 seeds from each district get the short end of the stick having to play each other. The HV vs. Richlands game was the state championship.

Having seen Richlands and Abingdon play several times this year, they are both championship teams. Richlands road, unfortunately, had to be traveled through O'Brien and the Titans to get to the state semi's. The outcome is already known, Richlands came up short at the end of the game, but that does not diminish their perfect regular season and post play. They are champions!!! Now it is time for the SWD and others on this sports forum to root for the other "Blue Team" that is in the state semis. ALL THE WAY FALCONS!!!

And if they were paired opposite of each other there would still be a chance 2 number one seeds could face each other in the semis, as always is the case with more than two districts. One of the supposedly better teams gets knocked out often that way in tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]the HV vs. Richlands game was the state championship.

[/ QUOTE ] huummmmmm..... really??? i couldve swore it was the region semis.. cant u just face it man.. richlands lost ok... they were an awesome team undefeated regular season, thats great! just because they lost in the region semis, doesnt mean the pairings were screwed up or it was because of the pitcher and all the other bull crap, just face it.... that has to be the most annoying thing ever when people make up all these excuses and trying to act like another team that made it to state playoffs didnt deserve it, they made it didnt they?

Can you honestly say you wouldnt be a little upset if the team you beat 3 times made it to state and you were sent home? It's a tough pill to swallow, but you're right we have to get over it and pull for our SWD teams. But I think you would feel the same way as I do, I can't imagine how the team feels.