Best places to eat...that are not around here...

Lance

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Buffalo Wildwings and Sals. I know Sals is in Radford and BWW is in B-burg, but it would be nice if they were here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sals will be in Blacksburg soon when the first phase of the South Main project is completed.

[ QUOTE ]

im gonna have to go with Church's Chicken as well...they have some GREAT chicken...

[/ QUOTE ]

Church's Chicken is NASTY...lol...I can't believe you even said that...lmao. You just go in there and order a bucket-o-grease.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Buffalo Wildwings and Sals. I know Sals is in Radford and BWW is in B-burg, but it would be nice if they were here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sals will be in Blacksburg soon when the first phase of the South Main project is completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant here in Wytheville, not in Blacksburg.

we used to go to the Varsity all of the time...love it..but, the best place to eat in Atlanta is not there anymore...Burrito Art...they still have one in Merietta though if you are ever in the area.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

im gonna have to go with Church's Chicken as well...they have some GREAT chicken...

[/ QUOTE ]

Church's Chicken is NASTY...lol...I can't believe you even said that...lmao. You just go in there and order a bucket-o-grease.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry forgot you couldnt sense sarcasm on the board lol

I tried White Castle a few years back when Riverfront closed - was not impressed. Ditto with Krystal...maybe I'm just not a mini-burger guy. And thank goodness we DON'T hae a BK, or I'd go from Crigger-esque to Bull-esque!

I've gotten to where I don't like going to Pikeville or Radford anymore, because I have to choose just 1 place to eat. I'd like us to get an Arby's or a Little Ceasar's again.

They just opened a Zaxby's in Salem, but I haven't eaten there. I hear great things about the food, but the service is non-existent. As far as the Krystal burger that opened on Wildwood Rd. in Salem in January of '07, it is now closed as of April '08! The place was pretty empty every time I drove by it.

Best burger around hands down is from Cheeburger Cheeburger! They just opened one in Tanglewood Mall in Roanoke. You can select from at least 50 different toppings. They even have a one pound hamburger on the menu that if you can finish they will take you picture and put in on the wall.

Five Guys has a great burger as well. Their fresh cut Idaho fries are the best.

Mamma Concetta's is great too!!!

Never really cared for Cheeburger Cheeburger.

The best place to eat that isnt around here is Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. If you have deep pockets and are willing to drop a load of cash on a fine meal, head there. My $37 steak fillet came out to me on a 500 degree plate, as it finishes cooking when it's brought out to you. Sides are seperate but they are for share, so the $8 mashed potatoes weren't too crazily priced since it was about a pound order. For my party of four to eat there, it was $207, without tip, however, it was worth it. Best meal ive ever had.

[ QUOTE ]

Never really cared for Cheeburger Cheeburger.

The best place to eat that isnt around here is Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. If you have deep pockets and are willing to drop a load of cash on a fine meal, head there. My $37 steak fillet came out to me on a 500 degree plate, as it finishes cooking when it's brought out to you. Sides are seperate but they are for share, so the $8 mashed potatoes weren't too crazily priced since it was about a pound order. For my party of four to eat there, it was $207, without tip, however, it was worth it. Best meal ive ever had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ruth Chris is good and expensive. Try some places in Charleston, SC for great meals. Most five start restaurants per capita in the country and three of my top five meals I've had there. Cypress Lowcountry Grill on East Bay St. I highly recommend.

[ QUOTE ]

I hit up Dotson's at least once a month for either the box or the dinner. Let me know if you want me to pick you up one some Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I love Dotson's...my parents still live in Grundy so I usually go when I visit. The onion is as big as the burger, but for some reason you can't beat it...lol...and I don't even like onions that much...i remember going in there and getting a pizza burger when i was a kid...and the old Ramey's drive in up at Vansant where the Subway is now was another favorite of mine...used to get ice cream there all of the time.